Destruction of America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 2:09pm

Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

and the other half hates Bugg.

Well, atleast it's only half

Maybe he's understating?

Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

and the other half hates Bugg.

Well, atleast it's only half
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 12:47pm
So ultimately, half of the forum hates immigrants, and the other half hates Bugg. —Swell times on the forum, as always . . . .

Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 12:24pm
I debate in T&O opinions not to win or to lose but because I want to see what other people think and how I can work something out with someone that sees something different than myself. Nothing is ever going to be accomplished if two sides cant ever agree on anything. There have been several discussions where my stance on something has been changed because of the way someone esle sees things. Not nessisarily alot of change but the lines in my mind are constantly shifting which I think it very healthy for progress. People that dont ever change are just a waste of time.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:47am

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Now I see the center of Dib's argument.

No.

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Now I see the center of Dib's argument. He's just mad because he hates getting made fun of by other cultures. It's nice to see that when someone speaks at a different tone in a different language to him he stereotypes them into calling him and infidel or something else stupid. Way to prove your point with stereotypical remarks.
Was that to me?
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:44am
Now I see the center of Dib's argument. He's just mad because he hates getting made fun of by other cultures. It's nice to see that when someone speaks at a different tone in a different language to him he stereotypes them into calling him and infidel or something else stupid. Way to prove your point with stereotypical remarks.
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Dazed Dazed wrote:

What I see in you, Bugg, is someone who puts ego before understanding, and searches for the spotlight instead of forging community with his peers.
I've tried being one witht he "community of my peers" Yet I get flak for liking what I like. You're right, maybe I don't always do the right thing, but no one ever does. Before March of this year, I was arguebally one of the nicest people pn the forum, then I said LB was coming out with a CD and I got flamed. So I fought back. I've spent my WHOLE life being the nice guy, doing what other people want me to do, even if it doesn't benefit me in any way. I'm tired of it. That may sound selfish, but it's true. I shouldn't be counted on to help everyone on a whim. I'm my own person too, so I am allowed to have my own opinions. I'm not like some out-of-his mind insurgant, I'm human. I do what's right, not what's thought that I should do.

Its sad that there is so much talk of how this forum has gone downhill, and so much talk of what needs to be done, yet here we are with one of our supposed "regulars" lets the truth come out that, in the end, this is just some stupid place on the internet and he doesn't have to be resposible for his actions, not even to his reflection.
I never said that this forum was a wasteland for my feelings. I said I shouldn't have ot prove myself and my beliefs to people I don't/ will never meet. I AM responsibale for my actions, but name one "action" that has caused harm to anyone? I wouldn't consider myself a man if I didn't take responisbility. Hell, I'll take the bullet for my friends from time ot time, if the cause is right.

This forum is a greta place, where many friends have been made and there is a lot of comradiship(sp).

Before a couple of months ago, you would NEVER see me inside T&O, but I feel like I should release my opinions without being flamed ofr them, which has NOT happened.

I hope I made that clear to you.
STD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:19am

"The worst part is, you're also a part of the massive majority.

Its sad that there is so much talk of how this forum has gone downhill, and so much talk of what needs to be done, yet here we are with one of our supposed "regulars" lets the truth come out that, in the end, this is just some stupid place on the internet and he doesn't have to be resposible for his actions, not even to his reflection."

Hey anyone got some gas, i want to start the ol'tippmann camp fire.
The dogs of war are baarking up the wrong tree...
STD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:13am
Money= destruction of america
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:12am

I don't need to prove myself on an internet forum, Dazed.

I say what I want becasue it's my opinion. People say LB sucks, that's their opinion,a nd I don't mind it.

You're always proving yourself to yourself, Bugg, and your god(if you believe in one). If you don't believe you're totally responsible for every comment, action, decision, or inaction you choose to make, then you're sadly mistaken.

The worst part is, you're also a part of the massive majority.

Its sad that there is so much talk of how this forum has gone downhill, and so much talk of what needs to be done, yet here we are with one of our supposed "regulars" lets the truth come out that, in the end, this is just some stupid place on the internet and he doesn't have to be resposible for his actions, not even to his reflection.

We prove ourselves all the time, Bugg. Even, no especially when we think we don't have to. A good man does whats right, even when no one is looking. A wise man looks when no one else does, and sees a truer heart of people.

What I see in you, Bugg, is someone who puts ego before understanding, and searches for the spotlight instead of forging community with his peers.

Edited by Dazed
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 10:59am

You can't make yourself right by mindlessly repeating yourself, tangenting an argument, and nit-picking useless details.

When he and all the other mindless "parents told me Fox news says..." kiddies start doing that, you know youve won. Simple as that.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 10:57am
Originally posted by STD STD wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

I've alwasy wondered, does each language have it's own sign language.. Signing in english will be diff. than in chinese...

Yes. I think so. The alphabet changes, becuase other countries have different "letters".

I do belive sign language is like morse code and flags at sea; they are univerally recognized

The guys in chat were talking about this a few weeks ago.

I think we came to the conclusion that while some words do stay the same, the alphabet and the large majority of words to change from language to language.

Thats why what we learn here is ASL, American Sign Language. Its different other places.

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 10:54am
I don't need to prove myself on an internet forum, Dazed.

I say what I want becasue it's my opinion. People say LB sucks, that's their opinion,a nd I don't mind it.
STD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

I've alwasy wondered, does each language have it's own sign language.. Signing in english will be diff. than in chinese...

Yes. I think so. The alphabet changes, becuase other countries have different "letters".

I do belive sign language is like morse code and flags at sea; they are univerally recognized
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 10:52am

You don't even argue to try to persuade people to your side, you just argue to win the argument, even if it is only in your own head.
Uh.. forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of argueing TO win? Debating is to persuade people, argueing is to win. Please, you call m ignorant, check the mirror some time.

No. You can't make yourself right by winning an argument on a technicality. You can't make yourself right by mindlessly repeating yourself, tangenting an argument, and nit-picking useless details.

You win an argument, debate, or any other type of verbal disagreement unless you've proven your point to be right, or agreed to disagree.

Case in point, I didn't call you ignorant. Yet here you are putting words in my mouth and shying away from the moral point of my rant.

Oh, and I make it a point to make every decision, and form every opinion, based on whether that will make it easier or harder to look at myself in the mirror and see someone worth respect. I don't do things because everyone else does them, and I try not to do things because I want to, I try do things that are right, because they are the right thing to do.

Can you honestly say the same? Or do you think of your day to day life in those terms? What we do in our day to day life reflects what we are. "Are you worth looking at in the mirror?" is a question we should all ask ourselves more often.

Edited by Dazed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 10:48am

I've alwasy wondered, does each language have it's own sign language..

Signing in english will be diff. than in chinese...

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 10:46am
I've alwasy wondered, does each language have it's own sign language..

Signing in english will be diff. than in chinese...
STD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 10:40am
I R CHEEZE MUNKY!!!

Hey maybe if we all learned sign language we would not have this problem of speaking to each other...
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 9:34am

You don't even argue to try to persuade people to your side, you just argue to win the argument, even if it is only in your own head.
Uh.. forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of argueing TO win? Debating is to persuade people, argueing is to win. Please, you call m ignorant, check the mirror some time.

Edited by Bugg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic