Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Destruction of America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 3:56pm

I thought my post was obviously sarcastic and in reference to the "too liberal for my taste" post directly above it. Sorry if I dissapointed anyone.

Think and give them all you have from the beginning, and never weaken!

holysmartone View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike- language in posted image 6/9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holysmartone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 3:59pm
Why should they come to our country to live, and expect us to learn their language?
I know if I moved to Mexico (and I'm only using Mexicans as an example because I live in Michigan, and Spanish/Mexican has become the dominant language here it seems) I would learn their own language. I wouldnt expect them to learn english. Thus, I expect them to learn english if they come here.
Nickodemus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 4:03pm
I am sure if a lot of them had an oppertunity to learn english they would. I have had some Cubans in Miami pretend to not speak English to me but that is rare now.

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 4:08pm
  Hades is right... What "American" wants to work on a farm for $5.00 an hour?

our Nation Was Built of Immigration...   can you even have a slight immagination on what would of happend if we didn't import slaves, and then when slavery was abbolished(sp) we depended on Cheap labor from immagrents from China, Ireland, etc...

This nation wouldn't even be a nation if it wasn't for immagrants hell Americans themselves are immigrants.... I belive in tight boarder control, but there is a fine line between Open and closed boarders...

I think America should change its name though... "L.o.H" Land of the Hypocrits, and the new slogan... "We never practice what we preech".

Edited by Panda Man
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 4:08pm

Hrmmm.

I work at McDonalds, with a bunch of Mexican, Puerto Rican, and Guatamalan (sp) people. A few of them dont speak English.

What did I do? Did I complain and throw a fit and get all patriotic and command they learn 'Merican to talk to me?

Nope. I learned enough Spanish to communicate with them, and am actually getting them to teach me Spanish. We are a country of diversity that from its beginnings has spoken many languages. Just becuase you all are too lazy to learn another language dosent mean they should be forced to.

Speaking of this, between their jobs, when do you propose they learn English? Do you support funding for public English classes for working aldults? How do you want them to learn English? Most of them learn "working English" in due time anyway.

Oh, and about being lazy...Yeah, I dont want to hear any talk about anybody "Stealing Jobs". 1) They are not stealing jobs, people are giving them jobs 2)Why dont you try working as well as they do for the pay that they get and the hours they spend at their jobs and see if you want to or not.

Living in Florida has forced me to become intolerant of ignorance twords immigration neo-cons.

Edited by Tae Kwon Do

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Hrmmm.

I work at McDonalds, with a bunch of Mexican, Puerto Rican, and Guatamalan (sp) people. A few of them dont speak English.

What did I do? Did I complain and throw a fit and get all patriotic and command they learn 'Merican to talk to me?

Nope. I learned enough Spanish to communicate with them, and am actually getting them to teach me Spanish. We are a country of diversity that from its beginnings has spoken many languages. Just becuase you all are too lazy to learn another language dosent mean they should be forced to.

Speaking of this, between their jobs, when do you propose they learn English? Do you support funding for public English classes for working aldults? How do you want them to learn English? Most of them learn "working English" in due time anyway.

Oh, and about being lazy...Yeah, I dont want to hear any talk about anybody "Stealing Jobs". 1) They are not stealing jobs, people are giving them jobs 2)Why dont you try working as well as they do for the pay that they get and the hours they spend at their jobs and see if you want to or not.

Living in Florida has forced me to become intolerant of ignorance twords immigration neo-cons.

Everything you said was what we need to do... Not **edited**, and just go with the flow...
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 4:25pm
I'm with Hway. Illegal aliens are one of the worst things going for this country. Right along with big business shafting the working man every which way. However, diversity is not a bad thing. If done properly it can lead to a rich and wonderful culture. Look at us so far, this is because of immigration and diversity. I'm all for social cohesion but I think alot of people don't just want to stop the salad bowl but they want to put a lid on the melting pot and that just wouldn't be smart. That article used all of those other countries as examples but, if you think about it, their problems weren't diversity in their cultures it was the lack of tolerance in them, on both sides. Immigrants need to learn to be American just as we need to learn to let them. But, that said, I wholeheartedly agree with the article about our culture of victimism. Everyone wants to blame someone else for thier problems and THAT is what is destroying this country, family by family.

Let's face it, any way you want to look at it this country is going to hell. Our only hope is that somehow we can get someone in office that isn't worth hundreds of millions of dollars and isn't stuck on outside allegences but is in there to help us, the people. I think we should make anyone making over 80k inelligible for office. Get normal people with common sense in there and get stuff fixed.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 4:35pm
  where'd that text come from by my avatar?  Ehhhm yes minor indeed, for thoughts and opinions.

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 4:38pm
i dont get your title... 
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 5:14pm

Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Not every superpower has collapsed because of becomming immoral as you put it.
true, England is still around... we have a chance

But if you look at old Rome, they colla[sed after they allowed public/outright homosexuality (no offense Prod and Clark)

Rome became great because of its middle class.  Middle class landowners were citizen soldiers who had a stake in protecting the empire.  Rome collapsed when the wealthy took the land from the citizen soldiers and turned them into peasants.  Save the immorality lecture for the fundie wacko's who don't read history books.

Also, the Greek army got whipped in Iraq.  (Retreat of the 10,000)

No democratic nation that ever pre-emptively attacked a soveriegn nation has ever won.

History...sheesh

Edited by Badsmitty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 5:23pm

I think Rome collapsed because they didn't have the communication technology to manage their whole massive territory. Also, they started to use lead piping and that makes you crazy.

Why reference ancient history? I guess why not.

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 5:31pm
lets bring back the Soviet Empire! 
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 8:47pm
So what if some people dont want to wait 15+ years to get their application approved to enter the United States hoping for a better chance at life. As long as they are good people, which most all of them are. Who cares.

I would like to know these jobs that the illegal aliens are taking. If they dont have green cards or American highshcool diplomas their job oppertunies fall to what people are willing to hire them for; mostly under the table work of hard/back breaking labor or really cheap labor. If your complaining because you feel that your less then minimuim wage job is at stake because of an illegal alien, go earn your high school diploma.

Another thing that caught my eye, if you go to any other country you will find people that have learned English. They speak thier native tonuge and english. Some think that they are so superior are they are the best and that is the way everything should be. Well I disagree.

/me goes and starts at the being of the thread to read it.

rancidpnk13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancidpnk13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 9:13pm

No Dune, we DO need to lock the borders

BUT if we make it easier to become a citizen, we will be like evryother country, letting int he worlds trash. I'm happy we have high standards for citezendy.

I think America has enough "trash" in it already. Illegal immigrants are welcome in my book. Better if we just let them all become legal.

Edited by rancidpnk13
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 9:36pm
I finally skimmed through the first post and I have to say is I am grateful for not being on whatever mailing list you have gotten yourself onto. That was the nearly the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted here.

I started typing a very long and winded reply but I gave up. At least the people that heard this speech didnt applaud. Despite what ever the emailer wrote, it was not because the audience was shocked by the info in the speech and how correct the speaker was, but because they too thought it was the dumbest thing they ever heard and couldnt believe their ears.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 7:44pm

Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

i dont get your title... 

In a different thread I said that "if I got guested for something minor, I would be done with this forum"

.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 7:49pm
It's ok guys, I think other countries will be the ones worrying about illegal immigration before too long.

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Not every superpower has collapsed because of becomming immoral as you put it.
true, England is still around... we have a chance But if you look at old Rome, they colla[sed after they allowed public/outright homosexuality (no offense Prod and Clark)

Rome became great because of its middle class. Middle class landowners were citizen soldiers who had a stake in protecting the empire. Rome collapsed when the wealthy took the land from the citizen soldiers and turned them into peasants. Save the immorality lecture for the fundie wacko's who don't read history books.

Also, the Greek army got whipped in Iraq. (Retreat of the 10,000)

No democratic nation that ever pre-emptively attacked a soveriegn nation has ever won.

History...sheesh

We did. Iraq.. History..sheesh.
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 8:52pm
lol, we did? When Iraq is a self supporting, secure, becon of democracy in the middle of the holy land THEN we have won. Right now we're not there.

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 8:56pm
No. We dont have to stabalize anything to win a war. Look at germany. Look at all the other wars the US has one. When have we ever cared? We beat the hell out of the germany and left it in poverty. We dont have to go through a reconstruction to win a war. We won in Iraq, now we are setting up a government that hopefully, will look out for our interests as well as theirs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
  Share Topic