Destruction of America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:41pm

If the government turns a blind eye to the problem, they are perpetuating it.

Worked in the innercity? You're not even out of school, I mean really worked in the inner city, as a cop, or social worker.

Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:39pm
I have worked in the inner city, in Detrot and Pontiac, 2 of the worst cities in the US.

Like I said, name a thing that is government sponsored and run that is oppressing American citizens
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:37pm

Haha, we have country wide oppression, it's the wealthy white people that ignore it because it doesn't bother them. Work in the inner city, it'll change.

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:36pm
And we are land of thr free, are we not? Is anyone being oppressed inside the US by our governemnt? No.

Listen, if you want people to emmigrate all willy nilly in your country, move to canada, I hear the weather is good this time of year
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:34pm

Thanks cedric, that's the point.

There is nothing wrong with screening for certain things, but turning away people at our boarders have helped to anger those that might want to hurt us. Opening the boarders and creating citizens might show that we aren't a country of arrogance, maybe we should start showing freedom, since we toss that word around so much.

I would complain about those countries, but I don't live in them. I live in the country that's supposedly "land of the free, home of the brave" stuff.

Edited by Dune
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

So you think we should allow ANYONE into the country, no
matter how good or bad they are? That, my firend, is ignorance

No. It's called freedom.
No, i am pretty sure it's ignorance...

Listen, we aren't the only country to have these regulations, yet I don't see you guys **edited**in about them...
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

So you think we should allow ANYONE into the country, no matter how good or bad they are? That, my firend, is ignorance

No. It's called freedom.

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:31pm
So you think we should allow ANYONE into the country, no matter how good or bad they are? That, my firend, is ignorance
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:31pm

Well there are a lot of things that are technically "illegal" that shouldn't be, this is one of them.

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:29pm
I'm not against immigration, which you guys keep sayign I am.   I'm against illegal immigration. You as a cop should know what the word "Illegal" means, c'mon
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:27pm
It may not be ignorant in times of protection against an oppressor, but in the case of whether or not immigrants are useful...it's definitely ignorant.
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Stop Bugg, you're aruing about a word, while they're arguing about context. You hate to be wrong so you try to act as if the original posts were about just the word "lock down" not what was meant and explained in later posts. Stop trying to weasel out of being wrong...you should be use to it by now.
Hey, I never once argued about the context. I'm a man of technicality. If I can win on a technicality, God help me, I will. Nothing wrong with that.
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:25pm

I'm sick of this "rally around the flag" and "we own you" attitude this country has sometimes.P]

It's not wrong to think your country is the best dune, arrogant yes, ignorant, HELL NO.

It's called patriosim. WHy do you think some Iraqis are fightign with us even though their country says no? Becasue they knows it's for the better for the country they themselves love. End of discussion
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:25pm
Stop Bugg, you're aruing about a word, while they're arguing about context. You hate to be wrong so you try to act as if the original posts were about just the word "lock down" not what was meant and explained in later posts. Stop trying to weasel out of being wrong...you should be use to it by now.
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Dazed Dazed wrote:

To quote Clark:
EJP wins.
Again, wrong

I'm still right becasue HWAY did say lock them down, which was the arguement. I never said how much he chose to lock it down, poitn stands he DID say it. And if you are too thick headed too see that.. well, thats your problem, because HWAY still did say it, no disputing that.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:00pm

Oooo, scary, anti-american, did your president lable me that?

"Pennies a day" is what we educated people like to call a catch phrase. Something often used to describe it in text. Yes they may make a few bucks and hour, but not enough to make enough of a living to go become a "productive member of society" as Bugg puts it. You people hate consistently on illegal immigrants, most of whom work harder than the lazy trash we have in America already. Bring them over, by the truckloads if we have to. I'm sick of this "rally around the flag" and "we own you" attitude this country has sometimes. I love being here, but I hate many of the igorants around me.

Betterdays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betterdays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 4:51pm

Umm...you don't pay illegals minimum wage, since they aren't legal. They do make pennies a day.

I'm getting real tired of your anti-American crap Dune. You say a lot of things and provide no evidence for any of it. Even illegal farm workers make dollars an hour. It's often below minimum wage but it's a far cry from pennies a day. Who exactly are these people making less than a dollar a day?

More generally on topic. I think that it would be fair to say the current flow of illegal immigrants needs to be dramatically reduced (and if possible eliminated) while at the same time creating an immigration policy which allows a sensible number of immigrants to come to America with a minimum of hassle. It ought to be obvious that America still needs some level of immigration but at the same time we cannot hope to support the kind of numbers we did in the past, because we no longer have a "new Frontier" we are tryng to populate.

Regarding the need for a "national language", I think that's a bit foolish. English is the de facto national language and immigrants know this. Virtually all 2nd generation immigrants are at a minimum bi-lingual and a majority of 3d generation immigrants speak only english. Given time it will work itself out. I think most of the current "crisis" is caused by to many of one group coming to fast and it just scares people a little.

Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 4:26pm
Hway clearly stated later bugg, that he was using a different definition of "locked" than you were, and under no circumstances was he for the complete shutting down of immigration. A "hard locking" of the borders, if you will.

EJP quoted part of this clarification, assuming it to be sufficient for you, apparently it wasn't.

He was right, you're wrong. Hway clearly stated that he doesn't want to lock the borders to immigration. You clearly want them locked.

To quote Clark:
EJP wins.
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

But since I know your going to throw some ridiculous, out-of-context
quote that Hway already addressed into my face, how about this: I
disagree with anyone who asserts that we should lock the American
borders. Gotcha?
How about youa dmit that you were wrong there? Sounds good to me considering you were clearly wrong.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 3:14pm
Umm...you don't pay illegals minimum wage, since they aren't legal. They do make pennies a day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>
  Share Topic