Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sniping in Paintball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:10pm
It's actually a shame people start playing paintball with the concept in mind that you just run and shoot everything in sight. And the other half are 12 year-olds who start out thinking they're gonna be certified military snipers because of some game they played on the PC. Trust me, I've been there. I had the sniper stars once too, but after about four games I realized that was alot different than playing Delta Force on the net.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Are you certain that I DONT have military expierence there chief?

Regardless of wether or not I have expierence, I think its funny that someone who has, or says they have expierence hold themselves in such lofty regard.

Explain to me why, rather than rebutt my argument you swoop into 12 year old mode and try to insult me.

Because while my military information might not be first hand, it is extensive. I'm beyond being dilusioned by a few movies or scenario games. Apparently, you may not be.

I wasn't insulting you-I agreed with you. You said that people weren't snipers just because they played it in paintball. I said it's funny how newbs always go around bragging they're experienced in military tactics when they've done nothing but play paintball. Not sure how that's 12 year old mode, but for future reference, unlike alot of other Internet forumers, I don't resort to mindless name-calling to settle differences. Try to keep that in mind before you act to fast on my posts.  BTW. I feel the same way you do about snipers-I don't know where people get off thinking I'm pro-sniper. I just posted this to get opinions-I never really took a side.

Sorry dude, I misunderstood you...Do I feel like an ass.

?

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Sorry dude, I misunderstood you...

No need to be sorry-I should have made myself more clear. I was a mod over a forum for like three years-I would have reacted the same way if I'd have read the post. Alot of people misunderstand me, (see the _TT_ thread lol) but I actually don't argue on the Internet. I might give a smart response, but I try to stay in the rules. The last thing I want to do is get on the mods' bad side, lol...

sentinal343 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sentinal343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

I'm new to the forum, so I thought I'd open up a really nasty can of worms.

Not a wise move

I've read alot on this board that has to do with sniping. I wanted to give some idiot newbie input. I've been playing paintball for a couple of years, but I've always studied militaria. That's why I play. Sniping, despite common misconceptions, isn't one shot one kill, nor is it hiding in the woods. Those are basic military principles.

No buddy, thats woodsballer tactics

Sniping is a skill. I know a couple of ex-snipers.

If they are real military snipers they will tell you sniping in Paintball is bull poo

Snipers are trained to do many things at once-but most of the time they hide-usually directed at a single target. I'm afraid too many newbies, including me when I first grabbed a gun, start paintball fresh off the online video games like Delta Force, and plan on using those tactics in paintball. I got a serious lesson in getting beat the first time I played trying to snipe fellow player. What I learned is that to create the speed and distance in a paintball to snipe, it would almost have to be lethal. Therefore to be a "sniper" in paintball-assuming the definition of a sniper is not what does, but the skill in which he does it

Whats the skill?

-you would have to be an expert with your gun. The key to being a sniper is to stay hidden.

Buddy, you just told me that was a "military principle", not a sniper thing.

They teach you in the military to stay hidden at all costs. How many people in reality can actually take another player out without his locaion being compromised?

Depends on the player being shot.  Its not that hard you will find.

Sitting in a trench waiting for another player is an ambush. Staying hidden isn't sniping,

Make up your mind buddy.  You told me first staying hidden is a military thing not a sniper thing, then you told me its vital to being a sniper, not you are saying its not sniping.

it's called woodsball.

Hence my earilier point . . .

What would sniping be in paintball, then? In my opinion, sniping is going after one target, and taking that target out without being seen or heard from.

Thats all fine and dandy but if you search the topic we've shown it doesnt work.

As I said, I'm not an expert, I'm simply giving my humble imput on this discussion. I've hashed this out with my friends over and over, and from my little experience I've learned the hard way that sniping isn't only hard, in the average game it's near impossible.

More like is impossible

Yeah, that was a really long-winded rant, but I'd like to hear more from other players who've been out there alot longer than me as to whether sniping is a valid position in paintball, and different ideas on how to pull it off. I think there was another thread on this elsewhere, so sorry if I'm rehashing old arguments.

And Wrong forum buddy

Every dang thing "darur" sain was absolutely stupid. He just cant face the fact that he (or she) is not smarter than everyone on this forum. Pick on someone else, buddy!

"Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duty and so bear ourselves that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth lasts for a thousand years men will still say, 'This was their finest hour." ~Win C.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 1:33am
Originally posted by sentinal343 sentinal343 wrote:

Not a wise move

I've read alot on this board that has to do with sniping. I wanted to give some idiot newbie input. I've been playing paintball for a couple of years, but I've always studied militaria. That's why I play. Sniping, despite common misconceptions, isn't one shot one kill, nor is it hiding in the woods. Those are basic military principles.

If they are real military snipers they will tell you sniping in Paintball is bull poo

Snipers are trained to do many things at once-but most of the time they hide-usually directed at a single target. I'm afraid too many newbies, including me when I first grabbed a gun, start paintball fresh off the online video games like Delta Force, and plan on using those tactics in paintball. I got a serious lesson in getting beat the first time I played trying to snipe fellow player. What I learned is that to create the speed and distance in a paintball to snipe, it would almost have to be lethal. Therefore to be a "sniper" in paintball-assuming the definition of a sniper is not what does, but the skill in which he does it

Whats the skill?

-you would have to be an expert with your gun. The key to being a sniper is to stay hidden.

They teach you in the military to stay hidden at all costs. How many people in reality can actually take another player out without his locaion being compromised?

Sitting in a trench waiting for another player is an ambush. Staying hidden isn't sniping,

Make up your mind buddy.  You told me first staying hidden is a military thing not a sniper thing, then you told me its vital to being a sniper, not you are saying its not sniping.

it's called woodsball.

What would sniping be in paintball, then? In my opinion, sniping is going after one target, and taking that target out without being seen or heard from.

Thats all fine and dandy but if you search the topic we've shown it doesnt work.

As I said, I'm not an expert, I'm simply giving my humble imput on this discussion. I've hashed this out with my friends over and over, and from my little experience I've learned the hard way that sniping isn't only hard, in the average game it's near impossible.

More like is impossible

Yeah, that was a really long-winded rant, but I'd like to hear more from other players who've been out there alot longer than me as to whether sniping is a valid position in paintball, and different ideas on how to pull it off. I think there was another thread on this elsewhere, so sorry if I'm rehashing old arguments.

And Wrong forum buddy

Every dang thing "darur" sain was absolutely stupid. He just cant face the fact that he (or she) is not smarter than everyone on this forum. Pick on someone else, buddy!

Prove me wrong please, and I dont think I said anywhere I was "smarter than everyone on this forum".

Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
maddog87 View Drop Down
2 strikes, 6/13 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddog87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 1:55pm
snipers exist
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 2:19pm
Darur lives in hawaii, hes gotta be the smartest person on the forums.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 4:50pm

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Burn

to Darur: hokay so what im getting from all of this is that the differneces in mil sniping, and paintball sniping are only the method of propulsion and the type of ammunnition.  Now lets point out the similarities;

1-a gun/marker   2-concealed position   3-camoflauge worn by "sniper" theres probably more but im too lazy.  We dont need to base what sniping is on how a dictionary defines it.  Sniping is shooting from a consealed position at like 3 or less targets or else the survivors own you.  I do agree however that sniping is nearly impossible unless you have a group of people to protect you when  hits the fan.  My verdict- Sniping possible-yes if there is fire support, no if you're a lone wolf attempting to take out miltiple targets.  Discuss

maddog87 View Drop Down
2 strikes, 6/13 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddog87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 5:25pm
snping isnt when people think they can shoot farther than anyone else, its when they can pick off a player at a reasonably medium/long distance that the trajectory of a paintball will allow them to. i  think its rediculos when people say snipers dont exist. there so ignorant and it makes them sound like newbies
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 6:03pm

Originally posted by maddog87 maddog87 wrote:

snping isnt when people think they can shoot farther than anyone else, its when they can pick off a player at a reasonably medium/long distance that the trajectory of a paintball will allow them to. i  think its rediculos when people say snipers dont exist. there so ignorant and it makes them sound like newbies

Wow. You are a hard core noob.

Yes! That's right! Look at my name! Laugh at it! God, what was I thinking when I made this name...

Edited by hybrid-sniper
maddog87 View Drop Down
2 strikes, 6/13 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddog87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 6:22pm

oh man u are sooooooooo cooooooooolll............................................... ............................................................ .................................................

.........not

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 8:20pm

oh man u are sooooooooo cooooooooolll............................................... ............................................................ .................................................

That wasn't my point, you moron.

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 8:29pm

.........not

youre such a badass....not

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Burn

to Darur: hokay so what im getting from all of this is that the differneces in mil sniping, and paintball sniping are only the method of propulsion and the type of ammunnition

Yeah, cause you know, the only difference between Earth and Pluto is Pluto is colder . . .

.  Now lets point out the similarities;

1-a gun/marker

So long as we conveniently forget that Paintball guns are as accurate as a drunk man usuing the toliet

2-concealed position  

Right, but you see, real snipers move and move at such distences that their camoflauge works, they arent little kids sitting in a bush with a ghillie 5 feet from their opponent who is about to light them up.

3-camoflauge worn by "sniper"

A military sniper knows how to use camoflauge, a paintball "sniper" would beleive a hot pink bathrobe with flashing lights would make him "invisible" if the company selling it told him.  Furthermore ghillie suits and camoflauge all have a certain range they work best at.  Woodland camo for example works best at a long distence.  Practically all camo works best at long distences.  Paintball guns (even ones with faltlines) have a very short effective range (50 - 100 ft if you are lucky, and its still quite inacurate).  Camo at such short distences doesnt work as well as it does at long distences.  Furthermore a military sniper is trained not to fidget, not to make sudden moves and how to move with minimal detection, a paintball "sniper" is not.

theres probably more but im too lazy.  We dont n0eed to base what sniping is on how a dictionary defines it. 

Well, if you take everything that you say is a "sniper" you get a woodsballer.  For cripes sake just call yourselves woodsballers.

Sniping is shooting from a consealed position at like 3 or less targets or else the survivors own you. 

Yeah, cause woodsballers focus on a million targets and run around screaming in a kilt.

I do agree however that sniping is nearly impossible unless you have a group of people to protect you when  hits the fan. 

Hmm, wouldnt that make you a woodsballer with a team . . .?

My verdict- Sniping possible-yes if there is fire support, no if you're a lone wolf attempting to take out miltiple targets.  Discuss

What good does "fire support" do if you cant shoot your target from 50 feet away?  All your guns shoot the same distence, why not take your "fire support" and have everyone shoot?

Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 9:27pm

Goly gee!  Why doesnt EVERYONE do that then?!

Oh wait, they do, they are called WOODSBALLERS.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 10:32pm
Can we all just agree that the word sniper is up to interpretation?
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 10:42pm

Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Can we all just agree that the word sniper is up to interpretation?

Yes

maddog87 View Drop Down
2 strikes, 6/13 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddog87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 11:01pm

no (Hey look! I got a strike!) sherlock!man your amazing!

Edited by Reb Cpl
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 11:38pm

Not a wise move

Whats the skill?

it's called woodsball.

More like is impossible

And Wrong forum buddy

Darur r0x my s0x
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
maddog87 View Drop Down
2 strikes, 6/13 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddog87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 11:47pm

woodsballers would kill speedballers in a game.end of discussion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic