Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X-chamber heater

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy061 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-chamber heater
    Posted: 18 June 2005 at 8:52pm

i did a quick search on this because i would have thought it would have already been mentioned.

who thinks a heating element wrapped around the x-chamber of your marker would be a good idea?

obviously it would be insulated, so not to burn the hands of the user, but i think it would do wonders for gas efficiency as well as reg freeze reduction. you could even to the same to your C02 bottle, provided you were careful with the pressure levels, so not to heat it too far and burst the bottle.

maybe an element for the X-Chamber and a heating element for the bottle, with the one on the bottle linked to a cut out switch that is controlled by a pressure reg.

any thoughts?

"are you kidding? theres no way they can get us from way over h...."
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 10:10pm
it just wouldnt work cos of wiring and all that.  Plus the x chamber does its job just fine as it is.  Good idea though
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 9:39pm

You could also overheat the C02, then it would explode.

-EDIT- Much more likely to happen figuatively than literally. -EDIT-

Edited by hybrid-sniper
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 12:22am
get a female palmer so your hands don't get cold by the co2 or hot from the heater. The palmer will sometimes start to freeze but it still works with out a problem. Doing what I said might be a little expensive for some but if your heater had to be exchanged or something each time it ran out of heat or whatever, the female palmer would pay for itself.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 1:21pm
Wow..., someone who actually has a good idea in this moron-fest of a forum..., thats a very rare occasion..., well, its a good idea, except for CO2 explosions..., other than that,
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 2:35pm
It would be a good idea but. as everyone else mentioned, there would be explosions.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Project Irene View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 4:57pm

Explosions, omg.  Someone mentioned a moron-fest of a forum, I agree. 

Your idea is actually a great idea.  If you play in cold environments alot.  The "explosion"  would just be a gradual rise in pressure.  Trust me, it would leak before it exploded.  If it is a cold enough environment to warrant an idea of this nature, I doubt very seriuosly if it would raise the pressure to a dangerous level.  And it doesn't have to be electric.Chemical hand warmers are made out of a very simple mix of water, iron, cellulose, vermiculite, and activated salt.  If you could have the mixture in a maleable tube to wrap around...hmmm, noice..

EriK6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EriK6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 5:15pm

Never try that. CO2 might explode on you!

Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 9:45pm
why not just buy nitro...
Chappy061 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy061 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 10:54pm

cant you just get a regulator and keep an eye on the pressure to make sure there are no explosions?

and i dont think nitro is available in Australia, never heard of it being sold here. also i want to stick to C02 because its very easy to get because every paintball field uses it.

"are you kidding? theres no way they can get us from way over h...."
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 1:53am
sorry but not a good idea. See past a certain pressure gasous CO2 becomes liquid.

An expansion chamber gives the liquid room to expand into a gas. By forcing the liquid to expand you will put a much higher pressure into the expansion chamber. This will overpower your gun and cause extremely hot shots.

Ever leave a gun sitting in the sun for too long. The first couple shots will be well in excess of 300 fps. If you leave a CO2 tank in a hto car the burst disc will usually go off.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 3:25am
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

If you leave a CO2 tank in a hto car the burst disc will usually go off.
I left 3 co2 tanks in the car and I went to 6 flags(I had to go to my proshop and I needed to take my tanks too because home was too far to make a trip). Well, one burst disk blew and the other tanks were ok. It must have blown just a tad bit before I got to the car becuase the other tanks were kind of cold.
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 9:07am
This is being called a good idea and the Cyclone 2.0 mod isn't? Wow. And for the heating element, try body heat from your hand.
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
meteora View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meteora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

it just wouldnt work cos of wiring and all that.  Plus the x chamber does its job just fine as it is.  Good idea though

handwarmers and duct tape 5$ max
RoboCop-dude you're lucky the burst disks went and not your tank, your car would have had some serious problems (blowed up!!!!)

Edited by meteora

GUN WHORE
XTC
benguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 2:41pm
I'd just use HPA, no prob there
uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuuhuhuhuh paaaintbaaaall
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 5:34pm
Meteora, thats the pupose of burst discs. So they go and not your tank.

The tanks are usually rated about 700psi above the burst disc.
darkmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 10:48pm
I have used hand warmers to warm my hopper,barrel and tank. It worked great,the pressure on the tank was lower then it was in normal temp but it worked lots better then the guys i played with.
Dopa mi la tempesta
(After me, The storm)
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2005 at 12:28am
Three months later...
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 5:00pm

well, since the topic is alive again, why not use a fish aquarium heater and wrap it around the x-chamber (NOT the CO2 tank...) then add a layer of insulation to keep from burning your hand.

it would be simple to do: just remove the temperature adjustable heating element from your fish aquarium heater and wrap it around your x-chamber. you could wire a home-made battery pack to the heating element to keep it powered, and you could wire a knob of some sorts to the adjustment wire thingy to control the temperature. then add some of that insulation tape that prevents burn damage on headers in cars' exhaust systems.

i will state now, this is only a solution for the mechanics of it, im not sure how the pressure and stuff will react to being heated. ask a proshop's aismith or something...

edit-if anyone wants me to, i could sketch the idea real fast and post it.

Edited by DeTrevni
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

shadow ace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow ace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 7:14pm

does it help if u heat your co2 tank in the winter?

98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
98c
r/t
flatline
superfly bolt
mini drop
revvy w/xboard
rear cocking
trigger mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic