Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"paintthrower" rears it’s ugly head again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rydub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "paintthrower" rears it’s ugly head again
    Posted: 06 July 2005 at 1:52am
I know all you folks will want to smack me for bringing up this old and
overused topic, but i want to run an idea by you, as this is a project i have
been working on for a while. I'm open for any modifications or
improvements you might have in mind.
-light power pressure washer
-small battery pack
-tub of watered down fingerpaint

working on both a frame for just carrying and a go-cart mount, but it
may prove to be wa-hay too heavy to lug around on your back

Edited by rydub
l337 sp33k 1z fØr pØz3rz
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 2:08am
Well the paint mix will wreck it after a while.

Overall. It won;t work. Mainly becuase I believe most powerwashers run off motors.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 3:05am
/me smacks rydub
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 12:39pm
In everyother flamethrower thread, someone has sujested a powerwasher.

Your idea is not new or fresh. Its old and skanky. Just let the idea die.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 4:29pm
if youve never used a pressure washer before its not accurate and the water seems to not go further than ten feet.  I would enjoy mowing down people with your contraption
garrett5 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garrett5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 4:45pm
It wont work!!!!
http://garrett5.conforums3.com/index.cgi join or die

rydub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rydub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 7:21pm
just tried some prototyping junk with it. you're right, it doesn't work, the
paint gummed it up like nothing else. i've scrapped the idea and moved
on to other, more predictable (and working) stuff, like sabot cannons
l337 sp33k 1z fØr pØz3rz
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 7:33pm
why use a sabot?  To launch different sized projectiles?
rydub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rydub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 7:50pm
whamanahey? different sized projectiles? please elaborate.
i was just thinking a cannon that mounts under the gun, and i thought
that's what it was called, but correct me if i am wrong
l337 sp33k 1z fØr pØz3rz
the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 1:36am
m203 launcher its called. i have one.... its awsome......
95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
Klaus View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Filterdodge - 7/21

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 2:42pm
I have a paintthrower...his name is Oz...hes 6'4 and a pitcher...he whips paint pretty good
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 6:45pm

A sabot is a depleted uranium shell that is fired from a tank..., not the cheapest (or safest) thing you could use for paintball :P

If you wanted to fling globs of paint, get a crappy gun and horrible paint and watch it all chop out the barrel at people

Klaus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2005 at 12:07am
a sabot is a plastic casing around a projectile that increases bore size of a round 
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2005 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

A sabot is a depleted uranium shell that is fired from a tank..., not the cheapest (or safest) thing you could use for paintball :P

If you wanted to fling globs of paint, get a crappy gun and horrible paint and watch it all chop out the barrel at people

thats like SABOT not pronounced saboe. klaus is right on the meaning

CrazyPainter View Drop Down
Guested - Foulmouth Child

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyPainter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2005 at 3:41pm

here a pic of the SABOT tank round

The 120mm M829 Armor Piercing, Fin Stabilized, Discarding Sabot-Tracer(APFSDS-T), cartridge is a US developed kinetic energy (KE) armor defeating round. It consists of a fin stabilized subprojectile with a six bladed aluminum fin, a tracer assembly attached to the rear of the fin and a depleted uranium (DU) penetrator with a ballistic tip to reduce drag. The propulsion system uses an obturating case base with combustible wall. This growth potential round features a modern technology high length to diameter (L/D), depleted uranium penetrator, and lightweight sabot. The cartridge weight is 41.1 lbs. The major components of the M829 are:

And thats why not to use a sabot

Edited by CrazyPainter
When my A-5 starts shoting I think you sould duck.
^Pirate^ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^Pirate^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2005 at 4:04pm
I had a paintthrower idea as well, so here's my idea.

Hook up a garden hose with a paint tank and a CO2 tank, then, hav an on/off setup and turn it on to shoot paint and turn it off not to shoot, first I have to find out if the hose can contain 1000 psi though....

It aint about black or white
becuz we human
I hope we see the light before it's ruined
My ghetto gospel
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2005 at 6:46pm
just lettin u know but some powerwashers are strong enough to tear skin. this guy was using it and was gonna wash off his feet. welp anyway, it left scars on him.
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2005 at 10:04pm
Powerwashing feet = Dumb.
Painthrower = Dumb
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Baldey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 11:14am

Originally posted by Klaus Klaus wrote:

I have a paintthrower...his name is Oz...hes 6'4 and a pitcher...he whips paint pretty good

oooo ur dead if the girl finds u..... ( in your sig mean )

As far as the paint thrower... i dont see you luggung around a tub of paint and a pressure washer around the feeld. the range is SMALL so you would have RUN with it to get close enough to hit anything. while you are running, tripping, and eating dirt, ull be painted up with quite a few balls before you can scream "im hit".ratulate the inventiveness

Most likelly youll ruin the pressure washer too... but i congratulate the inventiveness with in you! (or just brining back old ideas...) i liek to make stuff too... i made a watergun with a backpack water tank that holds 7 liters of water (1 3 liter bottle, and 2 coke bottles)

I SWET I THAUGHT OF IT BEFORE I SAW THE STUFF ON INTERNET! lol and the stuff on the internet is barelly equvilant to ONE coke bottle. i have 3 and a half :D

Klaus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 6:41pm

hmmm...

my dad fights forest fires

he has these backpack tanks that can spray large streams of water a good 60-70 feet, its a handheld pump...maybe something like that would work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic