Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my 98 custom sniper rifle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gilaga_Demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 2:47pm
 woah i didnt reconize the gun and was like i thought i said something like that before and then i look and it was me and well i was like o old haha
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 2:48pm
And you bumped this sorry excuse for a post, why?
SGTYORK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGTYORK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 3:27pm

Originally posted by CottageCommando CottageCommando wrote:

most snipers use m4's and m-16's.

I couldn't keep quiet any longer. Assuming you're talking about real snipers. No, most snipers do not use M4's and M16's, the knockdown power just isn't there, and the range and accuracy suffers from lack of kinetic energy. (sharpshooters do use these though, and others) Snipers typically (note, not exclusively) use bolt action weapons between .308 and .338 caliber, the exact caliber varies greatly. Shots are taken from concealment, at varying ranges of only a few hundred yards to the extremes of 1500 yards. The longest shot, declasified, was (and don't quote me on this because I don't have my references with me) at 1800 yards. The longest shots were taken with the .50 BMG round (typically a Barrett weapon) because of the ballistic coefficient, and extreme kinetic energy. Recently the military has begun moving the the .338 Lapua Magnum as it has much higher range potential, small lighter round, lower ballistic coefficient (a good thing), and only slightly smaller kinetic energy.

I give the guy an 8/10 he seems to have taken his time and built what he likes, despite that it may not be the best (but time will tell, and that is part of the fun). Personal taste does still count.

I don't get these people with their semi, and full, autos and their spray and pray theories. I just don't get it. I like mine, one shot, one kill.
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 3:40pm

Watch the time posted stamp.

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by SGTYORK SGTYORK wrote:

I couldn't keep quiet any longer. Assuming you're talking about real snipers. No, most snipers do not use M4's and M16's, the knockdown power just isn't there, and the range and accuracy suffers from lack of kinetic energy. (sharpshooters do use these though, and others) Snipers typically (note, not exclusively) use bolt action weapons between .308 and .338 caliber, the exact caliber varies greatly. Shots are taken from concealment, at varying ranges of only a few hundred yards to the extremes of 1500 yards. The longest shot, declasified, was (and don't quote me on this because I don't have my references with me) at 1800 yards. The longest shots were taken with the .50 BMG round (typically a Barrett weapon) because of the ballistic coefficient, and extreme kinetic energy. Recently the military has begun moving the the .338 Lapua Magnum as it has much higher range potential, small lighter round, lower ballistic coefficient (a good thing), and only slightly smaller kinetic energy.

I give the guy an 8/10 he seems to have taken his time and built what he likes, despite that it may not be the best (but time will tell, and that is part of the fun). Personal taste does still count.

This is a two year old thread and you're responding to someone who hasn't posted here in forever.

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 20 November 2007 at 6:13pm
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

This is a two year old thread and you're responding to someone who hasn't posted here in forever.

You definitely did every thing you could do to be disliked around here.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
scrumsguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 12:18am
he's new here, we've all bumped an old thread once in our lives
Help support the Youth In Asia!

Member Of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 12:20am
I haven't. Because I'm not a nitwit.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 7:47am

I haven't. Because I'm not a nitwit.

Yeah,its not that hard to read the timestamp...
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 11:20am
By the way, the longest sniper kill was by a Canadian, and it was definately not done with a Barrett.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 12:00pm

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

By the way, the longest sniper kill was by a Canadian, and it was definately not done with a Barrett.

Master Cpl. Arron Perry of the Canadian Armed Forces in Afghanistan during combat in 2003. Using a .50-caliber MacMillan TAC-50 rifle, Perry shot and killed an Afghan soldier from a distance of 2,430 metres (7,972 ft) (Aprox 1.5 miles).

The record was set during Operation Anaconda when a Canadian three-man sniper team from the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, (PPCLI), set the new record with a shot on a Taliban fighter.

The bullet was in the air for four seconds and dropped 146 feet. About 250 meters longer than Carlos Hathcock's famous shot.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 12:43pm

I can't fathom someone being able to make a shot like that on the first shot.

Horsepower View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Warning: Fail is closer than it seems!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsepower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 2:00pm
Not bad if thats whats you're into.

Come Get Some !
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx wrote:

You definitely did every thing you could do to be disliked around here.

At least he did it well.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2007 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by kurieitaa kurieitaa wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Master Cpl. Arron Perry of the Canadian Armed Forces in Afghanistan during combat in 2003. Using a .50-caliber MacMillan TAC-50 rifle, Perry shot and killed an Afghan soldier from a distance of 2,430 metres (7,972 ft) (Aprox 1.5 miles).

The record was set during Operation Anaconda when a Canadian three-man sniper team from the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, (PPCLI), set the new record with a shot on a Taliban fighter.

The bullet was in the air for four seconds and dropped 146 feet. About 250 meters longer than Carlos Hathcock's famous shot.

Interesting.

Anyway, even though this thread died twice already, I give the kid credit for owning a sniper milsim and admitting there aren't snipers.

And hey, just to tease Canada, it was done with an American weapon

Edited by SSOK - 22 November 2007 at 4:14pm
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 7:26pm
Because we all like Necro posts in this thread, Carlos Hathcock did it over a pre determined distance, with an M2 Heavy Machinegun with a scope, not a shoulder weapon...

KBK

PaulJ69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 8:13pm
LET IT DIE

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 5:30pm

Its already at the top anyway, so...

I remember posting in this thread lol. I wouldn't be suprised if I will be the last to post in here anyway(lock).

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 6:35pm
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 8:32pm
Sweet GIF.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic