Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

R/T Trigger uses more Air?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5hitmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R/T Trigger uses more Air?
    Posted: 08 August 2005 at 9:45am

I was wondering if the R/T Trigger on the A5 uses up air quicker then a stock or e-trigger?  (Talking HPA for air)

I have heard players at the field I go to say since they went with the E-trigger they get more shots per tank.   I have been considering going to an E-trigger or just to a stock (I am not into shooting fast, just shooting to hit).

Also since I purchased my A5 with the R/T already installed is there a way to make it a stock trigger?

Edited by A5hitmann
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 9:53am
The r/t cannot use more air than usual to fire the gun. Simply not possible from the way it's designed. You can, however, lose air efficiency by shooting *faster*.

And unless you got it used your A-5 should (I think) come with the stock parts to revert it or at least the shutoff plug to disable the r/t. You do have a manual, right? They're available on the web site if you need a copy - it's an adobe pdf.

I doubt the E-trigger will show any improvement over the r/t in air efficiency.

If you're not into shooting fast, why did you get a response trigger? That's what it's for, after all.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
A5hitmann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5hitmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 9:57am

I got back into p-ball last year and when I purchased the A5 I decided to go with the R/T on it because...<shurgs> I dunno.  At the time it seemed like a good idea is all.

As for the trigger using more air...your answer was what I was figuring since it works off the expelled gas from the shot.  I wanted to make sure though.

Thanks

not steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote not steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 10:01am
it might use a little bit more tho. but the r/t doesnt work to good. i mean u cant hold the responsive firing for like even 2 seconds before u loose ur "sweetspot" on the trigger.  i had an a5 as my first gun with r/t but i never used it. it runs to great a risk of chopping balls
PROTO MATRIX
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 10:06am
Originally posted by not steve not steve wrote:

it might use a little bit more tho. but the r/t doesnt work to good. i mean u cant hold the responsive firing for like even 2 seconds before u loose ur "sweetspot" on the trigger. i had an a5 as my first gun with r/t but i never used it. it runs to great a risk of chopping balls

Uh? It's physically not possible for the r/t to use more air, not even a little bit.

As for me, I can rip strings off the r/t for as long as I want (and with a qloader and the LP hose mod it absolutely rips). Maybe you just need to learn to fire it?

And as for it chopping balls.. it's an A-5. If you're chopping balls with a standard response trigger on an A-5 then you have serious problems with your gun. That's not normal.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 10:11am

I also can empty my hopper using the RT continuously at obscene rates of fire.

As to efficiency - generally speaking, Senn is correct.

BUT - since the RT uses excess gas, it requires that there BE excess gas, and at a decent pressure too.  This means that you cannot use RVAs and regulators to their full capabilities with an RT.  If you tune your gun so closely using efficiency upgrades that there is no excess gas, then the RT cannot function.  So having an RT does limit the maximum theoretical efficiency of your gun.

On a stock Tippmann, however, the RT does not decrease efficiency at all.

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 1:32pm
I have heard that the gun uses more air than it really needs to just to create the excess gas. When you get a stock 98c, it is going to use more air than it needs to so when you get a r/t, there will be no change, the only difference is that the excess air is being used for something.
MKB98C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MKB98C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 1:45am
i dont think so cuz it just uses excess but yeah u can lose efficiency btw lol ur name looks like A **edited**man lol
happiness is a warm gun
Spec Ops Paintball member 31942
if your looking for a job you can get one there too, you can design guns and stuff
S\/\/4T-L()G4N View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Anybody in the town wanna bounce around?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S\/\/4T-L()G4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 9:31am
Originally posted by MKB98C MKB98C wrote:

i dont think so cuz it just uses excess but yeah u can lose efficiency btw lol ur name looks like A **edited**man lol

What?

And yes, you can shoot off entire hoppers in a sting with the R/T. I've been pinned down for entire games with one.
woodzballer08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodzballer08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 8:15pm
The R/T trigger uses the extra air from the blowback action of the bolt, there is no need for an etrigger if you want full auto then just use the bounce from your shots to find the "sweet spot" meaning you no longer have to move your finger after a shot or so. the egrip requires a 9 vt battery.
Getting bunkered is like having sex in prision; it will happen weather you like it or not.
woodzballer08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodzballer08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 8:16pm

it might use a little bit more tho. but the r/t doesnt work to good. i mean u cant hold the responsive firing for like even 2 seconds before u loose ur "sweetspot" on the trigger.  i had an a5 as my first gun with r/t but i never used it. it runs to great a risk of chopping balls

i have a rt and a modified mid feed to accpt a halo. i never chop any paintballs. every now and then one breaks in the barrel due to velocity problems.

Getting bunkered is like having sex in prision; it will happen weather you like it or not.
IONKID View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IONKID Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 11:33pm
My r/t rips almost 20 bps at best, and i've help ppl down with it for long periods of time, I love it!!!  It's the best up for the 98's or A-5's!!!
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 3:36pm

How can it chop balls when the function of the Cyclone feed is matched to the bolt movement?

rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 8:09pm
You don't know what your are talking about if you think the r/t doesn't work well. I can hold my sweetspot on my 98c until my gun freezes up. It is easily my favorite upgrade on my gun.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic