Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sniper mask

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

look. for the love of christ, cant we just  ignore the word "sniper" in the title.

Um?? No. Not when there are those out there giving incorrect or just plain bad tactical advice.

i dont think any tactical advice was given. so we should just ignore it and get back to our sad, miserable lives.

Edited by DeTrevni
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 12:09am
^ i love how the colored text is coming back into play.
peachey View Drop Down
Guested for many reasons

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 4:22pm
lighten up the place
MY SETUP
finaaly i have the smart parts ion

smart parts ion
Halo b with rip drive
49ci 3000psi
dye sticky grips
areios View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote areios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 4:47pm
http://opsmedia.net/videos/demos.htm

Look at the 18"  interceptor barrel demon. 150ft kill shot. There are no paintball snipers? 150ft sounds alot like a paintball sniper shot to me.
SR_Crewchief View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SR_Crewchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by areios areios wrote:

http://opsmedia.net/videos/demos.htm

Look at the 18"  interceptor barrel demon. 150ft kill shot. There
are no paintball snipers? 150ft sounds alot like a paintball sniper
shot to me.

Then you need to learn more about ballistics and tactics.

That is nothing more than a vendors promo video and a bad one at that.

At 50ft the demonstrated shot group is over a foot wide.

At 150ft the demonstrated shot group is greater that the flat, hard surfaced silhouette. Worse, not all shots hit. As demonstrated not effective.

Something else to consider, at that range the paintballs velocity is reduced enough to make hits on a soft target (read person wearing loose fitting clothing) will have a low probability of breaking.

As a demonstration of range and accuracy it is not impressive. I can and have produced the same results with both a 68-Carbine/Airtipps car-stock/CA-SB 14"(polished bore) as well as with a Pro-Carbine with Lapco Autospirit from both seated and prone unsupported. I'm a good shot but not a sniper.

Note the the demo was done from effectively a bench supported position. Also note that it was done in open terrain with little to no wind.

I do see a market for the barrel though. Full size Milsim guns. (ie M16, HK91, etc replicas) The longer barrel has a place here, just don't expect superior range and accuracy when the ammunition and muzzle velocities are roughly equal.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 12:48am
Got a 6 year old 18in Tippmann SL-SB w/teflon liner on my SL68IIMod, can duplicate the results of a 12in CEP at 50feet (23Meters)easily, and can reach out 150feet with appropiate howitzer balistic arc and a 20+in CEP.

Use a cut down 10rd tube holding 5 rounds, siphon tank w/specialized liquid expansion system (if I have to explain dynamics of gas expansion as related to paintball misform in barrel hense balistic flight problems, again you need to forget sniping) and an offset STANO sight. And the marker is next to useless in the game as it is played, get a higher hit ratio with my WG65A1.

Smooth bore balistics, 300fps velocity, soft liquid filled projectile, physics does not change.

Edited by oldsoldier
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2005 at 12:11am
noone cares anymore.  this thread is just long and stupid.  i'm tired of seeing it on the first page.  let it effing DIE!!!!!
X
aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2005 at 12:56pm
Wow... 

This whole long thing like...  sucks
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SR_Crewchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2005 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

noone cares anymore.  this thread is just long and stupid.  i'm tired of seeing it on the first page.  let it effing <FONT size=7>DIE!!!!!

So you felt a need to make this post...why? It was 3 days dead before you revived it to the top of the page.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 1:09am
Ok  well what I think about sniping is that,  well,  I have nothing against it.  If I had the money for one of those huuuuge ultra accurate barrels,  sure,  maybe I'd do that  BUT,
When you try and snipe in paintball,  you have to rely on the target to not move.  It'll take a good long time for the paintball to go that long a distance,  in which time your target will most likely have changed position.  So,  a snipe shot from 150ft,  even with a flatline,  is pretty freakin lucky.

I'd rather have an accurate barrel so I can easily hit a guys face at 50 feet.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 2:16am
Originally posted by aGUYnamedLARRY aGUYnamedLARRY wrote:

Ok  well what I think about sniping is that,  well,  I have nothing against it.  If I had the money for one of those huuuuge ultra accurate barrels,  sure,  maybe I'd do that  BUT,
When you try and snipe in paintball,  you have to rely on the target to not move.  It'll take a good long time for the paintball to go that long a distance,  in which time your target will most likely have changed position.  So,  a snipe shot from 150ft,  even with a flatline,  is pretty freakin lucky.

I'd rather have an accurate barrel so I can easily hit a guys face at 50 feet.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!11

Your funny

Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 2:27am
since its been bumped again, before me, i can add this: wow. What if we replace the word "snipe" with the more politically correct "longball?" thats a good word, it just means you use the already-been-mentioned howitzer ballistics to plant a ball in the general vacinity of some fool's head about 150-200ft away. if not less. probably less.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 7:26pm
What'd I say that was so funny...?
In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

since its been bumped again, before me, i can add this: wow. What if we replace the word "snipe" with the more politically correct "longball?" thats a good word, it just means you use the already-been-mentioned howitzer ballistics to plant a ball in the general vacinity of some fool's head about 150-200ft away. if not less. probably less.

Ha . . ha . . .ha . . .

Seriously, I love you guys!

Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 10:08pm

You're pretty naive, mah man.

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by SR_Crewchief SR_Crewchief wrote:

noone cares anymore.  this thread is just long and stupid.  i'm tired of seeing it on the first page.  let it effing <FONT size=7>DIE!!!!!

So you felt a need to make this post...why? It was 3 days dead before you revived it to the top of the page.
it had just went to the top of the page when i posted.  and now it's back again.....  *sigh*
X
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SR_Crewchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 11:23pm

Originally posted by SR_Crewchief SR_Crewchief wrote:

it had just went to the top of the page when i posted.  and now it's back again.....  *sigh*

It may be a self inflicted wound...but you really should stop picking at it.   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 12:28am
dude now I'm lost and confused
In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 12:34am
Just like children, they believed in Santa Clause till they saw mom or dad puttin the presents under the tree, and understood then why everyone made fun of them for believing.

The sniper debate is the same, the children will continue to believe, till they see it is not true, then they will see why we make fun of them.

LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS............OH MY

Edited by oldsoldier
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 10:05am
why did I even take the time to come back to this thread? it hasn't
changed a bit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic