Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

straight flatline barrel WORKS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
FrozenA-5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrozenA-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 7:26pm
why do you want a straight flatline anyways? I see nothing wrong with the "Old" one.  And with your idea your going to slow the ball right down to a "lob" speed posibly. And you will defintly have many ball breaks unless you use thick shell paintballs.

Edited by FrozenA-5
Teh_Ninja View Drop Down

1 strike, 10/26, language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teh_Ninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 10:43pm
it costs 30 dollers.

and it has a teflon coating sot he bottem would be smoother while the top would be not as smooth.

its not gona work eitherway, im just saying if you wanted to try use a j&j because there cheap and the teflon thing..
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 4:38pm
i dont really want to spend 50ish bucks on a J&J only to risk jacking it up. when i get a new barrel, im gonna test the idea out on my crappy werks.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Teh_Ninja View Drop Down

1 strike, 10/26, language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teh_Ninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 4:13am
If you really wana make it get an J&J ceramic and sand down the top half. the bottem is teflon already..
aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 2:20pm
Well it was only a standard 8 inch barrel for a 98c,  I never used it so  I thought I might experiment a little.
In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 2:37am
i will NEVER rifle a barrel. paintballs are not perfectly symetrical. even if they were, they have that liquid fill that is always going to be moving. if the paintball were to spin in flight, it would become off-balanced and fly off course. if it worked for you, nifty, but i would NEVER do it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 10:05pm
About that straight flatline...
I would put the tape in the BACK.  If you put it in the front it's gonna put some crazy back spin on that ball and send it straight up.
if you have it towards the back (not in the way of the bolt)
then you'll get the backspin you need  and keep it from floating up,  see what I'm saying? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 2:56pm
Take a metal file and rifle the inside of your stock barrel.
I did it to mine and now it's more accurate then a flatline.
WAYYY more.
You shoot it up into the air and you see some crazy spinning on that ball.
I did it to my 98c stock barrel and it's FARRR better then my 14" PMI  and my Flatline system. 

Before I rifled it all the way I just made the top of the barrel really rough with the file and it made the ball jump up about a foot.  It made it shoot an extra 50 feet though. 
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 6:58pm
if it works, someone let me know. i thought it was pretty cool.

sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 10:22am
HOORAY FOR THE TAPE IDEA!
SgtPoisonMiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SgtPoisonMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2005 at 10:59pm

wow... I am soooo trying that tape idea on my stock a5 barrel...

run tests and stuff...

I will try:
Masking
Duct
Electrical <-this or masking will probably work
and Scotch

I have a general idea it would really work if done correctly...

------------------
Sgt. Poison Miller
------------------
Current Owner of:
A5 w/Remote, 68/45 Crossfire, Flatline, Ricochet R5, Tapco T6 Stock
Vforce Shield Standard (Green)
------------------
skarshnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skarshnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2005 at 12:12pm

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by PB 24/7 PB 24/7 wrote:

I see what you're trying to say, but I don't think it would work very well.
if you tune it right, and it adds any more range over a regular barrel, it would be worth it. it would also be way cheaper than a flatline. unless your a smart parts marketer, than it would cost about 200$!

PB 24/7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PB 24/7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 8:48pm
I see what you're trying to say, but I don't think it would work very well.
A-5
Response Trigger
14" All-American barrel
Expansion Chamber
Drop Forward
paintboy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 7:04pm
i think its a great idea
98c
2 20oz tanks
14'' smat parts AA
4+1 pack
tippmann mask that came w/ gun
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 8:33am
Amonia solution should take off just about any tape.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2005 at 11:32pm

well, you can use a dowel to smooth the kinks out of the tape, and if any goo gets stuck in the barrel, nail polish remover and rubbing alcohol will get that right out.

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2005 at 10:31pm
You know, with thick-shell paint, masking tape could actually be a feasible ghetto solution. I might actually have a use for my stock barrel yet. If you try it, let me know how it goes.

For experimentation, try using different tapes with different levels of friction. I think electrical tape would work better- it's more frictious, and will probably grip the ball a lot better.

the trouble, as I see it, would be properly putting the tape inide the barrel- and then removing it if it doesn't work.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2005 at 8:37pm

i think with teh proper tweaking, it could work. im out of gas, so ill get it filled and test it with that masking tape.

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2005 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Take a barrel, put masking tape on the top, inside the barrel.

Thats an easy way to test if it works.
ZOMG! TH47'5 H0W 7Ho53 GUYZ WH3R3 K1ll1NG M3!!!!!!  lol, but that's actually a pretty good idea.....now u got me wanting to experiment....
X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic