Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

straight flatline barrel WORKS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skarshnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2005 at 12:12pm

SgtPoisonMiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SgtPoisonMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2005 at 10:59pm

wow... I am soooo trying that tape idea on my stock a5 barrel...

run tests and stuff...

I will try:
Masking
Duct
Electrical <-this or masking will probably work
and Scotch

I have a general idea it would really work if done correctly...

------------------
Sgt. Poison Miller
------------------
Current Owner of:
A5 w/Remote, 68/45 Crossfire, Flatline, Ricochet R5, Tapco T6 Stock
Vforce Shield Standard (Green)
------------------
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 10:22am
HOORAY FOR THE TAPE IDEA!
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 6:58pm
if it works, someone let me know. i thought it was pretty cool.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 2:56pm
Take a metal file and rifle the inside of your stock barrel.
I did it to mine and now it's more accurate then a flatline.
WAYYY more.
You shoot it up into the air and you see some crazy spinning on that ball.
I did it to my 98c stock barrel and it's FARRR better then my 14" PMI  and my Flatline system. 

Before I rifled it all the way I just made the top of the barrel really rough with the file and it made the ball jump up about a foot.  It made it shoot an extra 50 feet though. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 10:05pm
About that straight flatline...
I would put the tape in the BACK.  If you put it in the front it's gonna put some crazy back spin on that ball and send it straight up.
if you have it towards the back (not in the way of the bolt)
then you'll get the backspin you need  and keep it from floating up,  see what I'm saying? 
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 2:37am
i will NEVER rifle a barrel. paintballs are not perfectly symetrical. even if they were, they have that liquid fill that is always going to be moving. if the paintball were to spin in flight, it would become off-balanced and fly off course. if it worked for you, nifty, but i would NEVER do it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 2:20pm
Well it was only a standard 8 inch barrel for a 98c,  I never used it so  I thought I might experiment a little.
In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
Teh_Ninja View Drop Down

1 strike, 10/26, language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teh_Ninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 4:13am
If you really wana make it get an J&J ceramic and sand down the top half. the bottem is teflon already..
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 4:38pm
i dont really want to spend 50ish bucks on a J&J only to risk jacking it up. when i get a new barrel, im gonna test the idea out on my crappy werks.

Teh_Ninja View Drop Down

1 strike, 10/26, language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teh_Ninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 10:43pm
it costs 30 dollers.

and it has a teflon coating sot he bottem would be smoother while the top would be not as smooth.

its not gona work eitherway, im just saying if you wanted to try use a j&j because there cheap and the teflon thing..
FrozenA-5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrozenA-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 7:26pm
why do you want a straight flatline anyways? I see nothing wrong with the "Old" one.  And with your idea your going to slow the ball right down to a "lob" speed posibly. And you will defintly have many ball breaks unless you use thick shell paintballs.

Edited by FrozenA-5
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 7:42pm

straight flatline=cheaper and easier to make.

it also is easier to clean, can be self cleaning and can be made at home for FREE!

also, the velocity would be the same, not slown down. paintball velocity is always gonna be about 280fps for me.

ill work around ball breaks somehow...

FrozenA-5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrozenA-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 1:27am
But with the top of the ball clreating fraction it is gonna break balls and slow it down. But thats my opinion. If you want to make it, knock yourself out. with thin shell paintballs they will defintly break at the level of friction at like 280FPS. Have fun though
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 8:12pm
would you use thin shelled paint in a regular flatline? use marballizers or some strong stuff. small caliber too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 12:52pm
Xball bronze and silver work REALLY well in my flatline.   Silver doesn't like to break long distance though.
In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
Scotchbroth View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Languge 1/27

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchbroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 8:03am
In theory this should work but a lot of fine tuning would be required to make it any good. It is very unlikely you will get it right first time so you would have to buy more than one barrel making it more expensive than buying a flatline.

Edited by Scotchbroth
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 4:12pm
So, has anyone tried it yet?

I was also thinking about (along with the rough top), putting a straight line of porting on the top as well.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 5:15pm
still havent got a barrel i wasnt afraid of messing up. im getting a ceramic, so when i do, ill test it on my crappy werks. till then, the werks is all i got...

Edited by DeTrevni

sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 11:27pm

Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Take a barrel, put masking tape on the top, inside the barrel.

Thats an easy way to test if it works.

the problem is it might break paintballs and even it that doesnt break em when paintballs do break for whatever reason or u just needed to clean ur barrel the squeegy would pull the tape out

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic