Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

straight flatline barrel WORKS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 1:25pm
I don't think it's gonna break the balls,  I've done  meaner stuff to the inside of a barrel then that. 

I just think it'll have to MUCH spin  and it'll send it straight up.
In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
Beavis View Drop Down
Guested - moron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 1:28pm

itz a pish idea get a reel flaty you nobjokys!

Edited by Beavis
please disregard all of my pantaloons.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

wtf did you just say? seriously...

maybe i dont have 100 bucks to spend on a flatline. a 50 cent role of electrical or masking is so much cheaper. if you dont like the idea, too bad.

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Scotchbroth View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Languge 1/27

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchbroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 2:28pm

I think he was saying that the idea is not very good and that you should all purchase tippmann flatline barrel systems you penis jockeys.

i think that it good be good but getting it setup to give the right amount of spin will be difficult.

commie_killer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commie_killer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 8:21pm
the only way I see it working is to design a barrel from scratch with a flat bottom. The reason for the flat bottom is so you can put needle bearings in it...keeping the flat side as narrow as possible is the key....the top rounded section would have a graphite finish to it to create the backspin.  It may or may not work
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 10:52pm
i finally ordered a J&J, so when that comes in, im just gonna experiment with different lengths of tape in my werks.

Mr. Heckler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Heckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 7:32pm
Good luck. I hope you succeed.
The Tippmann Forums.....My Anti-Drug.

-98Custom
-Flatline
-6-Position Collapsible Stock
-32 Degrees Remote Hose
-Crossman Red Dot
XxTippyballeRxX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxTippyballeRxX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2005 at 10:53am

Dude, if you have the money to waste on something thats not going to work, be my guest

P.S. ( Ive already tried it with the same exact things you are using.....lol)

Its not going to work i promise you

Edited by XxTippyballeRxX
Tippmann 98 custom
14 inch cp barrel
12 v revy hopper
Pen spring trigger(lol)
3 stage expansion chamber
double trigger
phsycobalasitcs drop
rocket cock 2
dmikein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmikein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 4:49pm
So you tried this tape thing XX?

I don't see how this could work well. Getting tape inside a barrel to be perfectly straight with no bumps or wrinkles seems impossible. The only way I can think of is to use a thin dowel rod and stretch the tape tight and secure it to the rod at the ends, put it in the barrel and hope it sticks and doesnt wrinkle and then cut the ends of the tape that hangs out off. Good luck, you have more patience than I. This doesnt sound as bad as the guy who suggested putting jb weld at the end of the barrel so the paintball would "ramp up".
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Scotchbroth Scotchbroth wrote:

I think he was saying that the idea is not very good and that you should all purchase tippmann flatline barrel systems you penis jockeys.

i think that it good be good but getting it setup to give the right amount of spin will be difficult.

lol thats funny. and by the way, it wont work.
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
skarshnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skarshnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 12:08pm
go for it maybe these guys did it wrong. 
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 4:32pm

In theory its not a bad idea at all.

I know nothing about physics at all, so I couldnt begin to give yoan estimate as to how it'll end up.

Again, in theiry its kinda neat, practice......who knows? Good luck.

?

sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

wtf did you just say? seriously...

maybe i dont have 100 bucks to spend on a flatline. a 50 cent role of electrical or masking is so much cheaper. if you dont like the idea, too bad.

its not that i dont like the idea, its the fact that even if the tape doesnt break it, the tape would SERIOUSLY slow down the ball and this isnt very likly but its possible for the ball to get stuck in the barrel, and like i said before u couldnt squeegy the barrel, the tape would come out, like i said its not that i dont like the idea, i just dont see how it could work

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 5:10pm

huh?

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 7:45pm

i am god. quite simply. i got my j&j in today, and immediately tested this idea out. here are the results.

Materials:
-14 in. Tippmann Werks barrel.
-Packaging tape, the kind with the reinforcing threads woven in, to be specific. about 4 in.X 1/2 in. used various sizes, this one had the most consistant results.
-Triad paintballs. size not sure. (cheapo paintballs)

Procedure:
-apply tape to inside top of barrel, in the front (buisness end). make sure its smooth.
-that's it. simple and CHEAP.

Results:
-SUCCESS!!! there were flaws though. paint actually survived for the most part, but if the edges popped up on the tape, it would catch the ball and pop it. rare though. another downside was sometimes it would shoot any which way, but in part a blame the paint. overall, i did notice a distance increase over the j&j that i compared it to (also 14 in.) I R00L!!!

Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

i did notice a distance increase over the j&j that i compared it to (also 14 in.) I R00L!!!

I need a measured distance before I go taping up my barrel.

Im assuming maybe 10 feet.
aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 12:17am
Are you shooting the correct fps?

In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
skarshnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skarshnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 1:48pm
Results...
Currently first in the chase to find the last happy cloud...
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 3:35pm
Please post some more 'scientific' results- ranges, groupings, etc. It's easier to see the effectiveness if we've got two sets of figures to compare.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Mr. Heckler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Heckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 4:00pm

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Please post some more 'scientific' results- ranges, groupings, etc. It's easier to see the effectiveness if we've got two sets of figures to compare.

Indeed. Get all the stuff he said. BTW Congrats.

The Tippmann Forums.....My Anti-Drug.

-98Custom
-Flatline
-6-Position Collapsible Stock
-32 Degrees Remote Hose
-Crossman Red Dot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic