Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

straight flatline barrel WORKS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 8:02pm

oh, you guys . i feel loved!

except for this guy:

Originally posted by Syrus.S.A Syrus.S.A wrote:

Hello, all i want to add to your conversation on the "worst idea of the year" is that has anyone ever wondered way you pay so much for a Flatline? Maybe cause it took a genius years of research and money to come up with a great product. He must have not thought of STICKY TAPE and i $ 2 dollar barrel!!! But hey whatever rocks your boat! Next we can try using a balloon as a HPA tank, it just might work, what do ya think guys!!

hello, all i want to add is "biggest n00b of the year." Has anyone wondered why your mom hasnt killed you yet? Maybe you need to really try to stop making people hate you. you must not have thought. at all. but hey, whatever rocks your boat! Next, we can try to pee on an electric fence! it just might work, what do ya think guys!!

god that was fun!

Edited by DeTrevni
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 11:27pm
not to burst your bubble but or anything.....But this has been done before lmao about three years ago I think it was posted on m98c.com (I think that was the name it had that pimpen cartoon girl with the m98c in her hand) and on another one they make an attachment out of radiator hosing to your barrel that is curved and also gives you the flatline effect if done right.
95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
Syrus.S.A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syrus.S.A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 2:16am
Hello again, it's not the idea that matters, it is how feesable the idea is. Asking an opponent to hold on while i change "tapes" is not on! But i sincerely apologise DeTrevni and next time i promise to be more constructive guys. Your "idea" is okay and i hope you come right with it, personally i'll stick with my flatline.
shadow ace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow ace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 5:04pm
im gonna try that with my stock 98c barrel
98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
98c
r/t
flatline
superfly bolt
mini drop
revvy w/xboard
rear cocking
trigger mods

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 5:32pm

dang. its been done before? oh well, i dont think its been done here and as long it helps some people, than im happy.

Syrus: apology accepted. just please: dont be a jerk. you make people want to be jerks back. not cool. oh, i shot about a hopper full before my air ran out and the tape stuck fine. just get good tape.

aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 7:45pm
mr.syrus guy,  I don't think the person  who thought up that flatline went through years of design and hard work.
He probably worked on it for about a month.
In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
JustLooking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustLooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 6:04pm
Heyy i did this the day after i got my flatline for my 98c last year and i still have the dye excel barrel i tried this on haha. Ok what u do is put 3 inches of TEFLON TAPE at the beginning of any barrel MAKE SURE AFTER U SCREW IN UR BARREL THE TAPE IS STILL ON TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Put some kind of glur(rubber cement or super glue...   if you feel lucky) on the back of the tape. BECAUSE the ball has another 10-13 inches of barrel to go it will stable and shoot in a 1.8 foot RADIUS gathering at 75 feet(roughly) and will have a flatter trajectory and shoot 40-80 feet further then a regular barrel. Also since TEFLON TAPE is soft(or i think thats the reason...) I didnt brake any balls. Have a nice experiment MY BARREL WAS 16 INCHES LONG!

Edited by JustLooking
04 Kapp Autococker
Planet eclipse E-Blade with Eyes
Sto Ram
Palmers Lpr
Delrin Bolt
Freak
Clamping feedneck
QEV's
CP Drop
Samuri Trigger
AKA Regulator
68/4500 WGP Adjustable Output Tank

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 4:52pm
well see! i got someone to get at least one successfull test run. everyone else get out there and test this out! post vids and pics preferably.

dovehunter9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dovehunter9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 9:44pm
How hard wuld it be to make a barrel like this in a metal shop, just wondering because that is a way to keep from putting on tape three times a day. I'm going to try out the tape thing w/ my stock barrel and see what happens. I'd rather take five minutes to put on some tape than pay $100 bucks. Why would you squeegie it so much anyway, the idea is to use a crappy barrel you don't care about anyway, just put the tape on once, and if a ball busts, squeegie it out and keep shooting without tape the rest of the day.
20% of people understand percents and 94% don't, so keep them out of sigs
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 10:27pm

ummm i sqeegie that much cuz.....

i dunno i just like to squeegy i guess

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by sneaky_sniper sneaky_sniper wrote:

ummm i sqeegie that much cuz.....

i dunno i just like to squeegy i guess

You should probably talk to someone about that.
raystmr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raystmr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 3:22am
Looks like it might work but to have the whole top part of the barrel covered with latex or rubber might cause way too much backspin. Too much backspin will make too much lift. I think from the physics of it you have a good plan. Good luck I can't remember right now but I'll post when I remember where I found the article on the physics and test data of how much backspin (speed of backspin) effects flight. If you get it to work it would be nice to try out.
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

i've thought about this idea before....  it would be interesting to see....

quite so.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

well see! i got someone to get at least one successfull test run. everyone else get out there and test this out! post vids and pics preferably.
why dont you get out there and test it out and post pics and vids.
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
ninety8freak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I have two kinds of wet in my pants

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninety8freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by kuhndog599 kuhndog599 wrote:

He said he lives in a condensed area and is waiting to go to his relatives house to shoot and test it out. 
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by ninety8freak ninety8freak wrote:

He said he lives in a condensed area and is waiting to go to his relatives house to shoot and test it out. 
still shouldnt take that long. unless hes five years old.
polished internals
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 11:52am

Originally posted by ninety8freak ninety8freak wrote:

still shouldnt take that long. unless hes five years old.
i could take pics, but i the only video camera i have is literally from the mid 80's. also, i got air in hopes of going to my relatives house this thanksgiving, but that backfired. they are coming over here. so im sadly still waiting. i would have gone last weekend, but i went on a Scout mountain bike campout. if it aint one thing its another. i promise ill get the specs when i can. oh, btw, im 16...

Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 2:03pm
then you should buy a new camera.
polished internals
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
UV Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UV Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 2:51pm
I'm waiting for anyone to post a vid of this working.  I got one issue with why I think it wouldn't work:
  The diameters of paintball barrels vary within 1/100th of an inch.  My Rufus Dawg sizer covers paint between .684 and .694, and I've never found a paint outside that range.  Further, even my old barrels (made when Big Bore was a popular marketing term for compatbility with swollen paintballs common in california) don't fall outside this range.  That being said, you need to use a tape (adhesive backed) that has a thickness measured in thousandths of an inch.  Teflon tape (I can't find my roll) may be thin enough but, then you gotta use an adhesive which would add to the overall thickness.  Let's not even get into the string/fiber-reinforced tapes.
  With all that being said, you're more likely to overcompress the ball and cause a break that way. I mean just try shooting .692-.694 paint in a .684 barrel and see what happens.
M98C- W/QwkStrpCut

Comp Air & Palmer Fatty Stab

Gas-Thru Stock

Lapco Sight Rail W/ADCO 30MM EDOT

Qloader W/ CMS

Freak SS W/Stif-Tip * Flatline * Armson Stealth
shadow ace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow ace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 8:23pm
wow ill get video up soon
98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
98c
r/t
flatline
superfly bolt
mini drop
revvy w/xboard
rear cocking
trigger mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic