Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Full Auto-No Egrip no nothing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 7:40pm

Seems to me you're both ignoring the somewhat inconvenient fact of the video at the start of the thread thaty proves it works.

Full auto is no more dangerous than a 15 year old who knows how to walk a trigger. It's all about responsible use. I've seen complete idiots with semi autos, as well. As long as people just use short bursts, there's nothing wrong with automatic fire- it's no different from a semi shooting a rope of paint at insane ROF.

The 5 minute dremel mod I was referring to was the select fire, not the full auto portion of it- getting the ROF down would require new springs and a heavier bolt. Modding it so you could put a fire select switch in would only take a small hole through the receiver and a couple small metal parts that would be easy to make or improvise.

It's easy enough to be dangerous with paintball anyway.Considering the availability of electric full auto mods, a mechanical one wouldn't be any worse- and in fact would be more expensive, requiring a Qloader rather than just an egrip, which is available stock or in expensively for a lot of markers. When you get down to it, people are gonna be stupid regardless of what you put in their hands. Trying to limit what's available to reasonable players because of a handful of idiots is unreasonable.

"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
jrod1321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrod1321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 10:00pm
i cant see the video..I have to agree on bri on this one, if some idot hits me in the "cajones" 10 times when hes shooting full auto illegally i'll beat his @ss, some punk shooting 23 bps shoots me in the crotch on purpose 10 times i'd be just as pissed
Evil PIMP
Smart Parts ION
2-98 customs
Ariakon Sim4
Ariakon Overlord
Mech DragunFly
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 10:37pm

at least walking the trigger takes some skill.  with full-auto, you just hold the trigger down.  it's like sitting down when you pee....  at least with a semi, you're doing something.

X
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 10:13am
Enjoy your smoothie.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by c411m3b0b c411m3b0b wrote:

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Blender mod.
ya its just a retarted idea

I love it when people spell retarded wrong, it just drops them right in that catagory too.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

at least walking the trigger takes some skill.  with full-auto, you just hold the trigger down.  it's like sitting down when you pee....  at least with a semi, you're doing something.

Developing that one fast twitch ability isn't nearly as impressive as having a proper sense of tactics, and being able to hit a target easily with one or two aimed shots. Full auto gives the high rate of fire ability to thsoe who don't generally need to worry about it. I don't advocate spray 'n' pray at all. There are just limited times where a high rate of fire is desireable even to someone who's generally an accurate shot and doesn't otherwise invest in equipment that allows a high rate of fire. Lots of MilSimmers own Q-loaders anyway, so in some cases it's the best solution for them in terms of combining rate of fire and select fire abilities with the desireability of a purely mechanical setup.

"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

devil-fire View Drop Down
Strike 2 - filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devil-fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 7:13pm
Hey!, I did that and it does like 18-27 bps! im not sure how much but is extremly fast...  i did it a way different way.
98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 9:21am
The uncapped rate of fire while actually feeding balls seems a bit lower than what we al expected- I'd estimate it as not realy being any higher than 30bps, and maybe less. The Qloader fed it reliably, it would seem.

If anyone's got plausible ideas for slowing down the uncapped rate of fire, feel free to post 'em.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

Developing that one fast twitch ability isn't nearly as impressive as having a proper sense of tactics, and being able to hit a target easily with one or two aimed shots. Full auto gives the high rate of fire ability to thsoe who don't generally need to worry about it. I don't advocate spray 'n' pray at all. There are just limited times where a high rate of fire is desireable even to someone who's generally an accurate shot and doesn't otherwise invest in equipment that allows a high rate of fire. Lots of MilSimmers own Q-loaders anyway, so in some cases it's the best solution for them in terms of combining rate of fire and select fire abilities with the desireability of a purely mechanical setup.

if you want a mechanical setup, keep it mech.  with a full-auto mech, your just asking for trouble. 
X
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 12:00am
Why should that stop anyone? Technical problems are there to be overcome. 

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 7:12pm

If anyone's got plausible ideas for slowing down the uncapped rate of fire, feel free to post 'em.

Look up the patent for the Factory F/A.
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 7:54pm

OOOOR u could just aim the shot... and only have to fire like 2 or 3 times...

Edited by sneaky_sniper
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
jrod1321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrod1321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by sneaky_sniper sneaky_sniper wrote:

OOOOR u could just aim the shot... and only have to fire like 2 or 3 times...

thats been said.... as for this whole idea, i dont think its practical for any kind of feild use but would still be fun to show someone what 25-30 bps looks like...and as for slowing the bps down you would need a heavier bolt and a weaker spring(has been said already)
Evil PIMP
Smart Parts ION
2-98 customs
Ariakon Sim4
Ariakon Overlord
Mech DragunFly
gamebreaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gamebreaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2005 at 10:04am

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Look up the patent for the Factory F/A.

i went to the u.s. patent office website and they said it wasn't found. what exactly is a Factory F/A???

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2005 at 11:29pm
It was one of the very first Tippmann markers as I recall... Fired full auto from 15 round clips.

Snkeay, if you'd read the thread to this point you'd see that I advocated careful aimed shots, but that I have experience that validates the usefulness of full auto in select situations.

jigglydude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My title got <krl>’ed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigglydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2005 at 11:30am
Nope, you're thinking of the smg. The F/A had a feed system similair to the A-5, except you had to wind it up.

SMG

F/A

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2005 at 1:49pm
My bad. Thanks for the info.

Klaus View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Filterdodge - 7/21

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2005 at 11:46pm

Thats way to much work to mod it...I can do the same thing with a toothpick and a minute of my time; some of you may remeber this...

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 12:29am
LOL, that's how this thread started, Klaus. The 'toothpick' mod. Someone pulled it off witha  Q-laoder. I just want to slow down the rate of fire somehow.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 3:25am

It was one of the very first Tippmann markers as I recall... Fired full auto from 15 round clips.

Snkeay, if you'd read the thread to this point you'd see that I advocated careful aimed shots, but that I have experience that validates the usefulness of full auto in select situations.
having stock-play experiance, there is absolutly no need for full-auto other than just a novelty (or a cheater, but if that's the case, don't even play). 
X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic