Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Full Auto-No Egrip no nothing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 11:41pm

Originally posted by paintballdave paintballdave wrote:

i have not read all replys

That's why you look stupid now, because it's been done with both a Q-Loader, and apparently a Halo as well. There's video proof of the Q-Loader. If you arne't sufficiently interested to read the topic, don't waste our time with ill-informed input.

"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by paintballdave paintballdave wrote:

i have not read all replys

That's why you look stupid now, because it's been done with both a Q-Loader, and apparently a Halo as well. There's video proof of the Q-Loader. If you arne't sufficiently interested to read the topic, don't waste our time with ill-informed input.

Not only do I agree with brihard, but I also award paintballdave one of these .
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 10:56pm
We share similar opinions, AND he's a Monty Python fan.  I think I like this guy. 
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

^^^dude, there is no way people where seriuous about most of those things being cheating. 

Yes, they were serious.  I know because I was around for every one of the above mentioned innovations including when people with "rapid-firing" pump markers first started taking on those of us unfortunate enough to still be armed with Splatmasters.

I'm sorry, i thought you meant recently.  you failed to say when these things where considered cheating.

It's okay, that's what I get for being old and not admitting to it.

lol, it's cool, i'm glad that got cleared up.

And yes, full-auto is cheating and semi with the same rof isn't. 

That's not up to you to determine, that is decided by whoever is in charge of the field, or in the case of "outlaw" games, it is determined by the property owner, or through the consensus of the players.  Additionally, I know from experience that a player can just as easily get overshot by a semi-automatic electric "racegun" as they can by a full-auto of any type.  It usually has to do with the amount of paint that the person firing already had in the air when the first hit was called.  In cases where someone keeps firing after eliminating the opponent in question, that's just wrong, no matter what type of marker is being used to do it.  In those rare cases where a "surprise" occurs and someone fires in panic I have noticed that the speedball types with electric semis are just as prone to firing multiple shots as the folks with full-autos.  The only difference I've noticed here is that the full-autos tend to wander off target sooner during fright-firing.

you are right, it isn't my decision.  but look, the fields don't allow it, what about that?  

Actually, both of the fields I've played at up here (one outlaw, one a lot more organized) do allow it; however, the organized one strictly enforces overshooting rules.  Anyone who puts more than three breaks on someone else gets to walk off of the field with them.

i agree with the 3 break rule.  i'm glad that's inforced.  i'm still not certain of the full-auto rule, but i guess the 3br evens it out.

full-auto is more dangerous and it also takes alot of fun out of the game on all sides. 

• How is it more dangerous, is this your opinion or can you back it up with actual facts?  A long rope of paint is still a long rope of paint no matter what kind of marker it came from.
  • I find it interesting that you think full auto takes the fun out of the game.  Could that be because you don't like facing full auto fire.  Try changing your perspective for a minute; the newb renters with stock 98s probably don't think going up against Ions or E-Spyders is all that much fun either.  If you really want it to be fair, everyone should use the exact same marker.

Think about this.  A guy bunkers another guy.  guy #2 panics and accedently holds down the trigger.  guy #1 gets overshot, gets mad, and now he wants to get even.  He punches guy #2.  This triggers a fistfight, an arrest, and more bad points for our sport.  I have seen fights in the deadbox before. NOT PRETTY.

So what you're saying here is full-auto is dangerous because some people are to immature to control their temper.  In cases like that I believe the immature person should be barred from the field, not the marker. (This is another rule that our field enforces pretty strictly.) 

yes, there are some very immature people out there.  i agree with field barring.  my general rule is if it happened once, it will happen again.  i just hate getting bad points for such a great sport. 

This takes the fun out of the game for everyone.  I don't think anyone would actually "like" to face a full-auto.  in fact, that would just be weird to enjoy that kind of thing.  does this make me a coward to not want to go up against full-autos? no.  will i go up against full-autos? sure, as long as i am not insanely overshot.  about the newbs going against higher-end guns, most good fields will seperate the teams according to experiance and firepower.  This gives the newbs more confidence.  It would be boring if everyone had the same marker.  The second biggest aspect of the game is upgrading your equipment as you seem fit.  But the biggest aspect is playing by the rules and staying safe. 

This is probably personal perspective here, but I'm sure a lot of people will agree with it.  I don't mind going against full-autos because I enjoy the challenge.  Of course, on various occasions, I have also chosen to face people armed with mech-semi's, raceguns, and full-autos with only a Stingray, a Tigershark pump, or a PT Extreme just for fun. 

I like a challenge.  i am a stock player, and i load my balls 10 at a time.  I have no speed/woods prefrance. I just really don't like to be overshot.  Point blank isn't fun on the recieving end, especially more than 3 balls at a time in the forehead .  I'm not afraid of getting hit, it's just i prefer not to.  I'm actually quite aggressive.  well, i forget where i'm going with this.

why do u think the NPPL, and every other non-idiot-ran field doesn't alow full-auto?

• While it is true that many places (and tournaments) don't allow full auto, I feel compelled to point out that the "professional" level of paintball seems to have a lot of trouble keeping people from using "cheat modes" hidden in the internal electronics of their markers which kind of invalidates your comparison.
  • I consider anyone who uses such a mode (full auto, ramping, whatever) when it is not allowed, to be a cheater; however, if any of the above is allowed at a game site, then it is not cheating and anyone who doesn't feel they can handle that type of play should trade their marker for a pacifier and go play a nice safe game of checkers.

Ramping is cheating.  The NPPL only uses semi-auto because full-auto is dangerous.  i do realize other tournements allow ramp, but these are capped at 15 bps. how are you going to keep a consistant cap on a mech full-auto? 

The rate of fire isn't the issue in rec games, overshooting is.  If someone overshoots (generally defined as more than three breaks on an opponent) they're leaving the field no matter what marker they have.  If they do it a second time, then they're done for the day (with no refunds).

I completely agree with that.  I wish more fields where more like that.

Edited Note:  As an example of my assertion in a previous post that almost every advancement in paintball technology has been considered unfair at one time or another consider the following quotes from pages 33-34 of Bill Barnes book Paintball! Strategies & Tactics which was first published in 1993:

• A rather controversial item on the paintball scene is the attachment, via a hose, of a tank of CO2 to your weapon.  Although I have a few reservations about this particular modification . . . it allows a player to fire without worrying about changing CO2 or running low during a firefight.
  • Weapons with constant air are quite common, though many fields ban the use of "CA".  I prefer a more spartan approach and . . . rely on the use of stock weapons without constant air.  Playing without it develops more skill and finesse in your game.  And if you're interested in serious competition, it's not a good idea to become used to playing with constant air, because it's not allowed in many tournaments.

Note, I added the boldface for emphasis.  Do any of those items sound familiar?

I repsect you, i respect this idea, and i respect your opinion.  if you have anymore questions/conserns please go ahead and ask and i will do my best to answer them.

P.S.  Hey, look at all the pretty colors!

yes, very pretty colors!  i'm glad we're on the same page, it's just where i live, there would be next to no-way of having this work.  fields around here can't afford the insurance of having a "full-auto" field.
X
Dawrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 4:05pm

You do know that a Q-loader is only supposed to go to 16 pre-winds...

After I WAS my A-5, I will have a nice 30 bps in front of me...

My Shocker shoots faster than that on a regular basis...

Smart Parts Shocker SFT Vision
PE 48/3k
All-Am. 14" Barrel
Q-loader kit
Eggy2 Z-boarded
NDZ V3 He Bolt
34 bps

A-5, E-gripped
WAS board to come
16" Werks
JC F/X Stock
Q-loader
30 bps
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 5:53pm

I know my friend did something like this with his pro-carbine(GOD I love that gun, I used it in my first paintball game)  he claims that he got two nails, bent them and put them on his trigger or something, and that pushed on the sear or something  he claims it shot about 30 bps (Bad explanation, I know sorry about that)

Speaking of custom mods, I silenced my sear spring(The noise is annoing as hell when you have an RT) and put a ghetto silencer that worked great, I had to take it off to clean my barrell

redneck engineering kicks ass..........

onlyatippman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onlyatippman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 8:11pm
I got my gun to work with full auto using a HALO hopper. Shoots like crazy!!! I made a flip style selector switch so I can have full auto to keep someone in their place and to discourage them from shooting at me and then with a flick of my finger I'm back on semi for more accurate shooting.
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 9:38pm
and why did u bring this back up?
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
njwright View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njwright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 9:46pm
i think most people who hate full auto on a feild where its allowed are just scared of it. i play against lots of guys who've got full auto, and they duck when i fire from my a5 semi just like everybody else. let'em spray paint, just dont get hit
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 12:00am
Originally posted by sneaky_sniper sneaky_sniper wrote:

and why did u bring this back up?

Who knows. Maybe becuase it's a legitimate contribution to the thread? As in, he actually made it work?

Tell me, how did you accomplish the fire select lever?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by njwright njwright wrote:

i think most people who hate full auto on a feild where its allowed are just scared of it. i play against lots of guys who've got full auto, and they duck when i fire from my a5 semi just like everybody else. let'em spray paint, just dont get hit
not at all scared of it.  i've played against full-auto and ramping several times.  Doesn't bother me.  Whenever i get outguned with my cocker, i pull out my stock class.
X
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 7:07pm

iv actually gotten styro to go against me and my friend with only his PGP, i had an RT A-5 and my friend had a 98custom

"CHAPS?"-styro (lol good times...)

onlyatippman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onlyatippman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 7:08pm

All I will say is that I drilled a hole by the sear and stuck a piece I designed for that purpose by the sear. Just think of the safety switch by the sear.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by sneaky_sniper sneaky_sniper wrote:

iv actually gotten styro to go against me and my friend with only his PGP, i had an RT A-5 and my friend had a 98custom

"CHAPS?"-styro (lol good times...)

lol.  you just made me ache all over.
X
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 8:07pm
I assume that when you flip the sleector it applies pressure form the back of the sear to lock it in full auto?

W-R-A-I-T-H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W-R-A-I-T-H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2005 at 7:55pm

Ok, sure it shoots really really fast, but is there a hopper that could feed that fast    could the Cyclone even feed that fast???

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2005 at 10:10pm
Several people have gotten it to work with Qloaders or Halos.

Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

I would not make the same criticism, because it is semi, which mean that guy needs to be able to shoot that fast.

If someone is going to practice enough to get that fast, then I say let 'em.

If someone lights you up shooting that fast then they are just being an idiot.

If someone is using full auto, then the chances of bonus balling is more.

What Im getting at is, one is controled and one is not, Full auto being the latter. Again I go back to the player being scared and holding down the trigger, albiet one instance, but its a good one.

do you actually think that people who can shoot 24 bps care if they "accidentaly" bonus ball you?! HELL NO THEY DONT! I've been bonus balled so many times by people spraying me and 2 or 3 other people trying to hold a position. They don't think or plan, they just make use of the speedball guns they can somehow afford and hurt people. Okay, maybe not hurt people, but when you get bonus balled by an idiot it hurts you on the INSIDE.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 8:05pm
An idea for the toggle switch next on the sear: maybe you could have less of a switch and more of a slider, that would place a spring into the bracket by grinding the edges of the bracket off? I don't know, its just an idea. Don't start getting all mad at me.

Another idea; isn't the A5 really easy to strip? if you can find a way to replace the blender (cyclone feed system) then you could do this with an A5 and just put the spring back in when you want semi. It would work if you had a small squad to cover you while you made the changes.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 9:37pm
ooooooooorrrrr... you could just buy an RT or E-trigger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic