Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Full Auto-No Egrip no nothing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbldeodorant989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Full Auto-No Egrip no nothing
    Posted: 28 October 2005 at 3:31pm
i found this and have seen my friends and other videos in action. im going to go do this mod to mine right now. enjoy.... http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?act=ST&f= 20&t=10542&
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 4:12pm
This has been psoted in excess of eight hundred times. It was stupid every time it got posted, including the time I myself posted it as a newb. All you get is a godawful mess as soon as you try to feed paint into it- a ridiculously fast blender. Anyone who actualyl tries this mod deserves the emss they're going to have to clean up.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 4:12pm
Blender mod.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 4:24pm
Dear god. Someone actually got it to work with a Qloader. Video:

http://myweb.cableone.net/mixednuts/mower.wmv

20~ prewinds, and not a full pod, but apparently it was reliable for the first 60 shots or so.

This is revolutionary- there's actually something to back up the full auto mod with some expectation of it being possible, now. Imagine a lightened main spring, coupled witha  lightened spring in the valve- it could probably work...
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

Mr. Heckler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Heckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 4:36pm
I honestly do not see any need for fire rates this high. Its pointless.
The Tippmann Forums.....My Anti-Drug.

-98Custom
-Flatline
-6-Position Collapsible Stock
-32 Degrees Remote Hose
-Crossman Red Dot
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 4:41pm
Of course not. However, this video proves it's possible. If you can get a heavier bolt and lighter springs, it should be possible to slwo the cyclic rate down to something more manageable.

If an actually manageable rate of fire can be achieved, I know an easy way to make it into a mechanical select fire (semi auto/full auto) using this mod. The fact that they simply got this to work is a huge step. A select fire 98 would be insane. I'm convinced that with the right parts it would be doable.

Mr. Heckler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Heckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 7:18pm

Along the lines of a select fire 98.....  I would love it if they came out with a select fire R/T or E-Grip like on the Heckler & Koch assault rifles. That would be Hella Kool.

The Tippmann Forums.....My Anti-Drug.

-98Custom
-Flatline
-6-Position Collapsible Stock
-32 Degrees Remote Hose
-Crossman Red Dot
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 7:26pm
I've been begging for a safe-semi-burst-auto electronic trigger with realistic firing switch for my SIM-5. So far no joy. :(

I could do semi and auto on a 98C using the sear mod if the ROF could be slowed without compromising performance...

Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 8:38pm
Yeah, check the velocity on those balls. I assure you that they are all not the same/close.

Plus shootdown.

Full auto is retarded.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 9:23pm
Why is full auto any worse than 23BPS semiautomatic?

The simple fact is that this is a proof of concept. A prototype for something that can be explored more closely and more methodically. Now that it's been established that it's possile with current equipment, that equipment can be adjusted and altered to achieve more desirable results. Rather than slamming a plausible idea simply because you don't like it, how about you think of more constructive input, or back out and let those of us who are interested in it discuss it?

Now that it's been achieved, consistency can be worked on. As I siad, lighter springs, heavier bolt, and valve adjsutments could bring the ROF down to something more manageable, and eprhaps within the realm of normal loaders. A well regulated air source would mitigate most of the effects of pressure variation. Don't tell me that a tricked out response trigger that gets 20+ bps ROF is inherently any better an idea that this.

This is a starting point for interested people to work from. It's kind of egg on all of our faces to have even seen taht video- I've been one of the people loudly decrying that this simply wasn't possible. Since we were all wrong about that one thing, maybe there's other things that we were wrong to make absolute comments about.

Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 10:29pm
You cant get full auto into the "realm" of regular hoppers by adjusting the springs and bolts.

There has to be a pause, or a longer distance the bolt has to travel.

Im saying that there is no point to full auto, the guys that can hit 23bps, practice to get that.

Full auto is for the pansies that cant hack it on the field(If the field even allows full auto).
dbldeodorant989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbldeodorant989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 11:16pm
this exactly why i thought this should be brought up. sure it is way to fast, but it can be modified. i garuntee you that someone will eventually figure out how to make it work. and for those who think full auto is **edited**, what about for woodsball? this can become an affordable way for upping your ROF.
vonfeldt7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonfeldt7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 11:45pm

Originally posted by dbldeodorant989 dbldeodorant989 wrote:

this exactly why i thought this should be brought up. sure it is way to fast, but it can be modified. i garuntee you that someone will eventually figure out how to make it work. and for those who think full auto is **edited**, what about for woodsball? this can become an affordable way for upping your ROF.

true, everyone knows that (most) woodsballers...well....are cheap (such as myself) so this would be an affordable way for upping your ROF...but since woodsballers are so cheap, then y would they want to waste so much paint? (1000 paintballs for example is a lot more to a woodsballer than a speedballer....usually)

novice paintball help(If you own a tippy and your new to paintball, this site may help)
Jesus is my friend
DO NOT say"sniper"here!
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2005 at 4:33pm
Heck, I'd like to see this worked out just because it is so technically challenging.  Even if it wasn't allowed on any field their would still be the satisfaction of having achieved something that others said couldn't be done.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 9:56am

'full auto is for pansies who can't hack it on the field' -Wow. Stunning. Waht a staggeringly inane comment. I could turn your logic aorund and say 23bps is for pansies who are afraid that they can't shoot accurately. Honestly, I've come to expect better of you than this tripe, monk. Rather than relishing a technical challenge you instead insist on asinine comments like this. Mechanical full auto would simply help to bring low end mechanical markers into line with others in terms of ROF- nothing wrong with that. Full auto wouldn't be something I'd personally use much- but when I go around a corner in a building, be it with a paintball marker or my service rifle, I like having a high rate of fire available in case I run into a bad situation- like taht guy with the 21bps angel turning towards me to light me up.

To argue that full auto is useless is jsut dumb. There's no difference, in my mind, between full auto and ridiculously fast semiauto like we see in tournament play. The fact that they're capable of lightening a trigger that much and twitching their fingers that fast shouldn't mean they ought to have an implicit advantage against people who don't have $1200 dollar markers, or who can't practice obsessively. More than that, the option of making a mod like that to a mechanical marker is jsut interesting to anyone who likes fiddling with their gear.I'd take a custom modded 14bps automatic over a stock 23bps semi anyday, even if just for the satisfaction of knowing I made it and made it work.

Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 12:26pm
So are you saying your afraid you cant shoot accuratly?

I also noticed you mentioned nothing about my comments on pause and bolt travel.

Im now going to say that the time it takes to mod it mech, you cound have looked up circut boards and soldered yourself one for under $20 (plus solenoid from Jameco).

I still find full auto unsafe. Lets see one of those 23bps guys react and hold onto the trigger, Oh look at that, one shot.

Some full auto guys gets the poo scared out of him and hold the trig, Oh snap, 7 shots in half a second straight to the other guys cajones.

If that wasnt painful enough, the full auto guys is going to get the crap beat out of him by the other guys posse.

Im not saying it wouldnt be interesting to see it happen, Im saying its not a good thing.

Edited by Monk
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 12:50pm

hehe....cajones.......

X
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 5:09pm
Generally I can shoot quite accurately, but ask anyone who's done training for urban oeprations whether they're absolutely confident that their first shot will always be ontarget, and we'll all tell you 'no'. Rounding a corner, there's nothing like a quick full auto burst to dissuade anyone there from shooting you. I certainly don't advocate people running around on full auto all the time- as I said, I'd use it quite rarely myself, but a very high rate of fire occasionally has its uses.

Your concern about someone getting scared and lighting a guy up by accident is valid; that being siad, I've been 'bonus balled' six or seven times by plenty of guys using semi auto either due to the same scare reaction, or for whatever reason they may have for overshooting. And also, keep in mind, that this would have to be a mod, so would generally be performed by someone who's got some experience and investment in paintball (A Q-loader don't come cheap), and who has generally acquired the right reactions and the common sense to stop shooting when hit. I've seen walk-ons get scared and go on semi-auto shooting rampages while simultaneously looking like they're filling their pants. I didn't stop to check whether they actually did.

Sure, an electrical mod could be done, but where possible I prefer to rely on mechanical solutions, since you don't need to rely on a source of electricity. I could also get a response trigger, I realize, but select fire really appeals to me.

Your concerns about pause and bolt travel are moot; the video proves that this can work with the right setup. Granted, giving the ball more time to seat would be good, but it's shown to not be necessary. This mod is now proven- it works. Tactically, I already consider use of full auto to be occasionally justified- or do you propose than anyone who has an angel or a cocker should be limited to firing at the maximum rate f fire on a mechanical semi auto? Seems an unfair handicap if you do not, and yet are against faster mechanical systems like this. My only concern now is making the rate of fire somewhat slower. That would require a careful balance between bolt weight, spring strength, and valve strength. Also keep in mind that a clower cycle would actually allow MORE time for balls to feed properly.

I just think this is neat to actually pull off. If I could get a Q-loader and then do the encessary mods to my Tippmann to make it select fire, I'd do it in a heartbeat. All of about five minutes of dremelling, plus some kind of toggle to use as the fire selector.

Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 5:49pm

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

I could also get a response trigger, I realize, but select fire really appeals to me.

Ok, go with that. Put a valve on the rt fittings. Theres your select fire.

I dont beleive you can get the right kind of timing you would need by just adjusting the valve and bolt spring.

But hey, Ive gotten it to work with my q-loader too. I put my thumb up to the cocking slot so it doesnt click all the way back. Plus shoot down will kick your butt if the chopping doesnt.

Works for the first 3 shots and blends like a mother. This mod is useless and full auto is useless. People just need to learn how to shoot.

If I heard someone going full auto on the field, I would say screw this and walk off. Its unsafe.

Plus your saying that noobs that get scared wont be able to use this mod? But if you make it cheap and ready to be done with the average joe, then of course the little nublets will use it.

I garuntee that this will be no 5 min dremel job.

I will reeterate, Full Auto is uneeded and unsafe.

Im just going to stop posting in this thread becuase there is nothing anyone can say that will convince me people wont abuse the full auto and that full auto is safe.

EDIT: I forgot to mention 20 prewinds is going way beyond the recomended. So the guy is going to break his q-loader anyhow.

Edited by Monk
c411m3b0b View Drop Down
Guested - troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c411m3b0b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Blender mod.
ya its just a retarted idea
i hate people
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic