Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hinged Barrel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hinged Barrel
    Posted: 18 December 2005 at 7:49pm

I was thinkin about this.

OK we all know when we have a barrel break the next balls you shoot go everywhere and that really hurts your accuracy and your waistin balls really.  But ok a hinge about an inch into the barrel and swings down when you press the button that is located at the top or bottom of the barrel and the barrel swings down allowing you to ram a squeegee of your choice in there and then popping the barrel back into placeand your back in action.

This whole action could take as little as 10 seconds if you use a staright squeegee just ram it in take it out pop the barrel and your done clean barrel and all.

You would have to make sure the barrel makes a good fit when you put back in place so it doesn't screw up anything. 

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2005 at 8:18pm
No. Just unscrew the barrel.

A hinge would create irregularities in the barrel that would be bad for accuracy.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2005 at 8:36pm

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

A hinge would create irregularities in the barrel that would be bad for accuracy.
2 piece barrels do that to they just have to be crafted right to make a straight connection.

and in a speedball game you don't have time to uncrew your barrel.

TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2005 at 12:05am
it has potential...would take a lot of work tho
Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2005 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Thats not so easy when you have cocker threads, its 8.5 turns and you have the pnue host pushing the barrel making it worse.
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2005 at 6:41pm
I think Id rather have a hinged feedneck. But thats still cool.
Tiger Stripe View Drop Down

Strike 2,Troll w/Account:: LERHIT1/21/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiger Stripe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2005 at 7:43pm

*first post* cool idea but i think unscrewing the barrel would be much easyer 

lee

<<Sig much too large>>
UV Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UV Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2005 at 2:42pm
A hinge in the barrel would introduce a seam that could negatively impact accuracy. Barrel sleaves and such work because they can be designed concentric. A hinged connection cannot operate off a simple hinge. You'd need a hinge more like a car door (two pins), and the tolerances would need to be too tight to make it work.

However, you could hinge the body (think like the early Line SI semi-autos) since the paintball would not touch the body, and you don't need to worry as much about a seam line. That way, you could leave the barrel in place, and still be able to swap out barrels.
M98C- W/QwkStrpCut

Comp Air & Palmer Fatty Stab

Gas-Thru Stock

Lapco Sight Rail W/ADCO 30MM EDOT

Qloader W/ CMS

Freak SS W/Stif-Tip * Flatline * Armson Stealth
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2005 at 11:11pm
i think it's a great idea.  would be difficult to do, but it would pay off.
X
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2005 at 4:58pm
sheridan jackel has a hinged barrel. they just use a taper to make sure its not off.
saving the world, one warship at a time.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2005 at 2:56am
Originally posted by >><< >><< wrote:

This whole action could take as little as 10 seconds if you use a staright squeegee just ram it in take it out pop the barrel and your done clean barrel and all.

did you ever wonder why a straight shot has the springy part? Press down on the swap end, shove the rubber end down you barrel, release and pull out.
>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2005 at 8:03am
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Originally posted by >><< >><< wrote:

did you ever wonder why a straight shot has the springy part? Press down on the swap end, shove the rubber end down you barrel, release and pull out.

I don't have a straight shot squeegee or seen one so i don't what your talkin about.  Actually i have seen on but i don't remember a springy thing.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2005 at 9:55pm
but anyway, youd be better off if the hinger was actually built into the gun. 
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2005 at 10:10pm
i want a bolt action pb gun but it aint gunna happen... im not really sure what this has to do with it, but o well...
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
Mr. Spiffy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Spiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 2:36pm
Why not make a barrel adaptor that has the hinge? You can screw it into the gun and the barrel into the adaptor. The adaptor has hinges that allow the barrel to swing out from the marker for quick cleaning. No mods needed for the marker or the barrel .
Missing: 2nd star and 960+ posts to my name.
-Another victim of the system.
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 3:09pm
i like it...and you can undo it without any paintballs falling out because the hinge is past the ball latchy thing
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
curby972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curby972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 11:50pm
i think the hinged barrel could work       just have some oring in there some where to keep it connected good to the other piece and so it keeps a good seal.
Da dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2005 at 4:05pm

all u got to do is w8 till its invented and buy it

><> go fish

------------- 

98c

dye sticky grips

16'' j&j barrel

BearClaw View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2005 at 5:36pm
Dang good idea one of the few in this section of the forum LOL.

The Carbines alow the whole fron grip to move forward so use of a wire squegy can be used through the breach similare to the 98c but this takes alot more than a break away might take.

Wish i still had my gramps olds Savage 94 12 gauge single shot gun to see how it worked with the break away.
AGD 68 Automag
Azodin KPII
Sheridan PGP2K
Tippmann Crossover XVR
Tippmann ProCarbine
Tippmann SL68-II
Tippmann TiPX
>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 10:07pm
If i had any idea on how to make this i would cause i think alot of people would buy and it'd help alot. Maybe this will be my first patent??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic