Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 flatline help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98killa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 flatline help
    Posted: 08 March 2006 at 5:11pm

I知 sorry if this has been asked before, but I have recently purchased a flatline and I can稚 for the life of me get it to work. There is more paint I知 my barrel than on my target. The paint I知 shooting goes all over the place and my marker is set to 270 fps. I have also tried going through the paint taking out any defective balls and also the balls seem to be the right caliber, they roll trough the barrel fairly easily. I知 99.99% sure that I have it in far enough. Could it be a defective barrel?

not2messwith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote not2messwith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 5:15pm
What kind of paint are you using? What is the air temp?
98killa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98killa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 5:19pm
i am using premium and spectrum paint at -0 degrees celcious
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 9:45pm
Make sure the barrel is straight.  With the 98 you can tilt the barrel a little bit and that will cause the paint to curve one way.  Also make sure the paint doesnt have any dimples or softspots on it.  And make sure the inside of the barrel is clean.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 9:46pm
Are you using CO2? In lower temps CO2 will do stuff like that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic