Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1st gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplatOnU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st gun
    Posted: 01 April 2006 at 4:21am
I want to buy a paintball gun. What gun do you think is the best for beginners?
BrandonF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrandonF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 5:46am
For a beginner, more than likely some type of Tippmann. By default, A5's are the best (and most upgradeable), but the 98 series is cheaper and pretty upgradeable as well (with the exception of the regular Model 98, just about the only thing upgradeable about that is the barrel).
SplatOnU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplatOnU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 5:48am
Is the A5 durable and reliable as the 98custom?
SplatOnU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplatOnU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 5:52am
ionpride View Drop Down
Strike 1 - F-Bomb 2/28

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ionpride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 8:30am
98 custom def go get it now !!!
im the closet thing that u will come to war !!!

SMART PARTS ION
3000/47 PURE ENRGY AIR
DYE 03 STICKIES
TEARDROP BARREL
HALO B HOPPER
BrandonF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrandonF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 8:30am
Yeah, seems like a pretty good deal to me. I think I bought my A5 from famousguy, too. And A5's are more reliable than 98's. If you're going to be playing speedball more than woods, then you might want to get an Ion (~$300), or preferably a Nerve (~$475).
SplatOnU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplatOnU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 9:14am

Originally posted by BrandonF BrandonF wrote:

Yeah, seems like a pretty good deal to me. I think I bought my A5 from famousguy, too. And A5's are more reliable than 98's. If you're going to be playing speedball more than woods, then you might want to get an Ion (~$300), or preferably a Nerve (~$475).

I think I will be playing a little speedball but alot of woods (I live right next to woods). So yup, I'm going with the A5 unless someone changes my mine some how.

SplatOnU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplatOnU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 9:17am

On his sales page it says :You can add a Flatline Barrel or an Egrip to this purchase with no additional shipping charges..Which one would should I pick and why?

The_GOAT View Drop Down
What happened to my post count?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_GOAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 1:15pm

e-grip will give you more speed, more woodsball players use RT instead of this

the flatline gives you more distance, which is very popular among woods players

so, more distance, or speed

SP Vision Imp w/ ALL NDZ internals, CP flame drop w/ on/off, Freak-AA tip, lowrise feedneck, NDZ Pro-Mag trigger, tapeworm, NDZ lpr cap, NDZ ti. bolt pin, maybe thats it?
EggII
88/4500 Crossfire
SplatOnU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplatOnU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 5:33pm
I think I would prefer more speed. If I was to buy a 98custom would it be okay for speedball and woods or go with the A5 for both?
BrandonF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrandonF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 7:10pm
A5 is better for both, but it weighs a little bit more. If you have upper body strength better than a kitten, it shouldn't bother you.
SplatOnU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplatOnU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2006 at 7:47pm

A5 is better for both, but it weighs a little bit more. If you have upper body strength better than a kitten, it shouldn't bother you.

Well I can do a few chin ups  so I think I will be fine.

Fiestyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiestyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 1:40am
get an apex  barrel.
SplatOnU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplatOnU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 1:54am
How much do they run for?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 3:06am

I would disagree. The A-5 is a larger and more clumsy marker than the 98c, therefore it is not as well not suited for speedball. I would suggest the A-5 if you plan on playing mostly woods, but if you play 50/50 woods and speed or more speed I would lean towards the 98c.
Fiestyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiestyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 3:15am
Originally posted by SplatOnU SplatOnU wrote:

How much do they run for?

you can find them on ebay for $80-100. but my local army store was selling it for $140(yikes!). i got mine for $90.
GThomas View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Who are you again?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 4:05am
I would definetely take the 98 over the A5. The 98 is more upgradable then the A5, and little bit more reliable.  I have used an A5 and I still own a 98, and I was not impressed by the A-5 at all. The A5 is also pretty over priced in my opinion.

Edited by GThomas - 02 April 2006 at 4:05am
Gabster08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabster08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 10:35am
yea same, i would definitely take a 98. and i would get an r/t as well. if it rains u can still go pbing if u have the r/t. but if u have the egrip u have to worry about it getting wet. the a-5 isnt that great, it costs more for stupid reasons+i am not a big fan of cyclones. the 98c is a better buy imo. and i bought a trigger from famousguy.
Setup:
Super Blue Nexus Ego
Ul barrel
45/45 pmi
vlocity
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 6:16pm
My A-5 R/T, Apex, and 20oz was from famousguy.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
SplatOnU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplatOnU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2006 at 8:41pm
So if I buy the 98c it will be good for woods/speedball. This will be better for me because they are much cheaper :). Will I need to put a upgrade on it for it to be good for both or will it be redy to go right out the box?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic