Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann isnt good enough?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Strike 1 - Filterdodging/Language 7/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 9:09pm
tippmann all the way - if you want speed you could get 25bps. out of your gun

tippya5extreme
glazener24 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glazener24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 9:54pm

Originally posted by tippya5extreme tippya5extreme wrote:

tippmann all the way - if you want speed you could get 25bps. out of your gun

There are more things that make a gun good than just speed.

super_gman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_gman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 10:24pm
Don't listen to the store owner. I have an A-5 with an E-Grip, and I have taken people who shoot Protos, Timmies, and ICD guns. As far as I'm concerned, my gun is just as "high-end" as theirs are.
Zerglet.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by thornygravy thornygravy wrote:

^^^ Amen

o yea, and it is about stealth in speedball too, by sneaking up on people.. the element of surprize..

If you believe that, then you arent playing speedball right. Its chess, and you shouldnt be able to sneak up on someone in an open field. There is no element of surprise in speedball, unless you dont get seen making a move, in which case you just chose the best time and way to make it.

Originally posted by super_gman super_gman wrote:

Don't listen to the store owner. I have an A-5 with an E-Grip, and I have taken people who shoot Protos, Timmies, and ICD guns. As far as I'm concerned, my gun is just as "high-end" as theirs are.

Christ man, so you are better than those people, or you got lucky. Good for you. Their (and your) skill level has nothing to do with what you shoot, and when people say "well I have shott so many people with blah and all I have is blah blah", I take it as they really are concerned about ther markers as being inferior to the people's they have shot.

Then how come it does stand a chance??? ive gotten people that had DM6s. and ive gotten marines from west point, its all bout aiming and stealth, not how many luck shoots u can spray..

I love this generalization. Its as good as me saying "well I like speedball, its not all sit back and snipe like a war verteran wannabe"

Edited by Gatyr - 12 June 2006 at 10:56pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_gman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 11:10pm

Gatyr, I am by no means concerned about my gun being inferior to theirs. If anything, I feel completely the opposite. The objective of my post was to say that, if anything, my gun is just as high-performing as my opponents'. There is no reason for people, such as that store owner, to bash guns that don't carry a price tag of $1200.

Zerglet.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 11:23pm

And there is no reason for people to feel anything towards their gun based on who they shoot.

Your shooting them says nothing about either of the guns used in the process.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 11:24pm

Thorn, basically they're right. If you want to be really competative most tippmanns don't cut it. If you have enough skill you can usually hold you own, but when comparing the guns themselves the high end ones have it all over tippmanns.

"Sneaking up on people" isn't really a priority in a speedball game. If you're going to consistantly do well in speedball you need to be able to control lanes, high ROF helps this. If they can't so much as poke their finger out from behind a bunker without getting shot you may have a chance to bunker them. Controlling the field and communication are key in speedball.

Snake is also right, west point is an Army school which trains Army officers. Not Marines. If you're going to brag about shooting out some military guy get the branch of service right. Also, everyone occasionally gets shot out in speedball, so that's no big deal. Their training is much different from speedball, so it's expected. Besides, if he's not infantry he's probably not too well trained anyways.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 12:34am
ollie lang with a talon will still beat a 10 year old with an angel.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 5:48am

tippmann's arn't the most durable paintball markers in the market today.  PGPs are.  and Phantoms....  (i'd know, i own both)

but anyway, i would choose an electro tippy 98 with a centerfeed over a dm anyday....  98s are more compact from the business angle.... most dms feel like i'm lucking around a plank of wood with a handle attatched.  and imho, i wouldn't waste my money on any dye matrix or a shocker...  shockers break down way too much... and dms are just so overrated it's not even funny.  the captain on my team shoots a proto, and i admit it's nice, but i just don't think they are "teh omg! uberpwnzorz"

Edited by Styro Folme - 13 June 2006 at 5:48am
X
thornygravy View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Language 5/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thornygravy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 3:01pm

well if thats the way u see it. I think that if u know the field and how to play right, u could probably do good with a stock rental 98c, better then a bunch of noobs that have egos or dm6s and just sit and blast off balls.

-Tippy 98c
-Polished Interns.
-RD Double Trig.
-5'' Drop
-j+j ceram 14''
-12v revy x-board
-SmartParts Grips
-Pen Spring Mod
-Milled Rear Sight
-Filled Front Grip
-Blue Paint job
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glazener24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 9:42pm

better then a bunch of noobs that have egos or dm6s and just sit and blast off balls.

I'd be willing to bet that there are more noobs with Tippys than there are with DM6's, Egos, etc.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_gman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by glazener24 glazener24 wrote:

better then a bunch of noobs that have egos or dm6s and just sit and blast off balls.

I'd be willing to bet that there are more noobs with Tippys than there are with DM6's, Egos, etc.

I'm not too sure about that. There are quite a few spoiled rich kids around here who have their parents get whatever they want for them.

Zerglet.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 10:49pm
I will bet you any amount of money that overall theere are more players with less than 6 months experiance with tippmanns than there are with high-end markers.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 4:24pm

o yea, and it is about stealth in speedball too, by sneaking up on people.. the element of surprize..

your speedball games must be REALLY bad, cause when i play, you cant usually move "secretly", without someone knowing, unless the whole other team is filling there hopper and not looking, which never happens if you play against tournament grade players like me.

and knucklez i live in North Royalton, i dont reallly know where Warren is, but ive heard of it

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Strike 2 - Language 5/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thornygravy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 4:30pm

Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

tournament grade players like me

HA! quit fooling yourself

-Tippy 98c
-Polished Interns.
-RD Double Trig.
-5'' Drop
-j+j ceram 14''
-12v revy x-board
-SmartParts Grips
-Pen Spring Mod
-Milled Rear Sight
-Filled Front Grip
-Blue Paint job
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glazener24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 4:39pm

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

I will bet you any amount of money that overall theere are more players with less than 6 months experiance with tippmanns than there are with high-end markers.

Seriously.

Strike 2 - Language 5/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thornygravy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by glazener24 glazener24 wrote:

Seriously.

lol

-Tippy 98c
-Polished Interns.
-RD Double Trig.
-5'' Drop
-j+j ceram 14''
-12v revy x-board
-SmartParts Grips
-Pen Spring Mod
-Milled Rear Sight
-Filled Front Grip
-Blue Paint job
pimptastik View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Forum Wearer of Stupid Clothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimptastik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 12:50pm
when it comes to speed ball its all about rolling ur guns. the tippy wont keep up with a DM any time ever. a tippy is a nice starter gun good reliable can take a nice beating. but once u start playing air ball ur tippmann will be to long to do u good u need something tight and small and alot faster.

<no ginormous sigs please>
warhead View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 2:05am

ive seen a stock class team rip apart a high end gun speed ball team on sup air... its the player not the gun

CCI - VSC Phantom - Tiger Stripe Anno

CCI - Duckslide Dropout Phantom
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 2:27am
Originally posted by pimptastik pimptastik wrote:

when it comes to speed ball its all about rolling ur guns. the tippy wont keep up with a DM any time ever. a tippy is a nice starter gun good reliable can take a nice beating. but once u start playing air ball ur tippmann will be to long to do u good u need something tight and small and alot faster.

speedball isn't all about rolling your markers...  you have to know where, and when to shoot...  it also helps if you know where to move, know how to snapshoot, and perhaps if you can run, that would be helpful too.  And a 98 can keep up with a DM...  it takes alot of modding, but it can...  Also, an e-98 is more compact and lighter than my 01 intimidator (but the timmy is also the heaviest, bulkiest marker i've owned)...  I know, where you are coming from on the second part...  Airball is alot easier with a shocker than a tippmann.... especially if you play mid or front...  but really, 98s arn't meant to be a tourny marker...  and it would be easier and possible less money if you just bought a used PM on PBnation than upgrade a tippy.  I'm tired of people saying tippys arn't good markers though...  tippmann shares the responsibility of helping tournement paintball grow....
X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic