Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 Custom Not ReCocking*new Problem!*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisb319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 Custom Not ReCocking*new Problem!*
    Posted: 28 June 2006 at 3:44am
After I installed my new valve my gun is uncocking after every single shot. There is no leaks whatso ever so I'm clueless. Could it be that my C02 is low?(my tank was near empty) yes I lubed my front and rear o-rings. The ball detent/latch is correctly placed.

Edited by Chrisb319 - 01 July 2006 at 1:19am
Mehs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 5:34am
You're missing screws, 2 of them.  Where?  Well, when you're looking down your site, the two screws on the right side, right about where your valve is located, call Tippmann or go visit your local hardware store.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 10:58am

Originally posted by Chrisb319 Chrisb319 wrote:

After I installed my new valve my gun is uncocking after every single shot. There is no leaks whatso ever so I'm clueless. Could it be that my C02 is low?(my tank was near empty) yes I lubed my front and rear o-rings. The ball detent/latch is correctly placed.

If the screws Mehs mentioned aren't missing then yes, it is 99% likely that your COis low.

Chrisb319 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisb319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Originally posted by Chrisb319 Chrisb319 wrote:

If the screws Mehs mentioned aren't missing then yes, it is 99% likely that your COis low.

The two screws are there :)
S\/\/4T-L()G4N View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Anybody in the town wanna bounce around?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S\/\/4T-L()G4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 12:31pm
Did you remove them when you took it apart? If so, they need to be re-removed, re-locktited, and re-replaced.

If not, get a fill ;)

Edited by S\/\/4T-L()G4N - 28 June 2006 at 12:32pm
FA22RaptorF22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FA22RaptorF22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:30pm
Wow...if his tank was near empty...it should not recock.  Hey!  Does it make like a full auto burping noice and then stop uncocked?  If so...fill your tank.

Hey bruce...how do you make the subscript 2 in this forum?

Edited by FA22RaptorF22 - 28 June 2006 at 1:31pm
Please sign up at http://www.tippmannowners.com/ and leave the referrer as me (FA22RaptorF22)and you will be my hero.
Chrisb319 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisb319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by FA22RaptorF22 FA22RaptorF22 wrote:

Wow...if his tank was near empty...it should not recock.  Hey!  Does it make like a full auto burping noice and then stop uncocked?  If so...fill your tank.

Hey bruce...how do you make the subscript 2 in this forum?

Yeah is makes a burping noise just after it uncocks.

Do I have to put locktite on the valve screws? I hate dealing with locktite could I just leave them screwed in without locktite?

Edited by Chrisb319 - 28 June 2006 at 5:39pm
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 5:41pm
dont loctite anything. your tank is empty. it wont recock if there isnt enough air to recock it! get it filled then report back.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FA22RaptorF22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 10:39pm
No. Just like DeTreveni said, you dont thread lock anything.  If you want at best, clean it all out, fill your tank, and screw hand tight.
Please sign up at http://www.tippmannowners.com/ and leave the referrer as me (FA22RaptorF22)and you will be my hero.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S\/\/4T-L()G4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

dont loctite anything. your tank is empty. it wont recock if there isnt enough air to recock it! get it filled then report back.

No. Just like DeTreveni said, you dont thread lock anything. If you want at best, clean it all out, fill your tank, and screw hand tight.

Alright, this is a classic. Two people in a row that don't have a clue of what they are talking about.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FA22RaptorF22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 10:56pm
Edit:  Ok...after looking now...that im tired....the two things i put locktite on are a thin layer on the velocity screw...to keep it from being loose and the vavle screws...b/c i remember them coming loose....

I hate when im tired

Edited by FA22RaptorF22 - 28 June 2006 at 11:40pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S\/\/4T-L()G4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:43pm

Edit: Ok...after looking now...that im tired....the two things i put locktite on are a thin layer on the velocity screw...to keep it from being loose and the vavle screws...b/c i remember them coming loose....I hate when im tired

Because they are from the factory

If that isn't a good enough reason, the power tube could move if they fall out, and when the hammer hits the powertube it will break.

It that isn't good enough, air leaks out of them when you shoot, if this happens blowback pressure will decrease. You gun will shoot one shot fine, the second will be weak and the gun will not cycle. Repeat.

Good enough?

EDIT: Amazing timing. You edited between the time my page loaded and I read it, to the time I clicked quote.

Edited by S\/\/4T-L()G4N - 28 June 2006 at 11:44pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FA22RaptorF22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by <span =bold>S\/\/4T-L()G4N S\/\/4T-L()G4N wrote:

EDIT: Amazing timing. You edited between the time my page loaded and I read it, to the time I clicked quote.

Hah awsome
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:05am

Originally posted by S\/\/4T-L()G4N S\/\/4T-L()G4N wrote:

No. Just like DeTreveni said, you dont thread lock anything. If you want at best, clean it all out, fill your tank, and screw hand tight.

Alright, this is a classic. Two people in a row that don't have a clue of what they are talking about.

right. im starting to get the feeling you dont like me much.

too bad.

here's what i heard: his gun wont recock, his tank was near empty, it made the "burrrrp" noise, there were no leaks, the valve set screws are there, and i have yet to hear him say anything about him refilling. those are the ingredients to an empty tank.

so tell me, by saying he was out of air, how was I "clueless?" if it was the loctite comment, you once again read too deep into what i said. my 98s valve screws arent loctited and my gun shoots fine. if loctiting makes it shoot better, super. i just said he was out of air.

please, stop crying over the smallest crap.

Edited by DeTrevni - 29 June 2006 at 12:12am

Chrisb319 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisb319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:13am
Refilled my tank, gun works fine.

So I SHOULD put locktitie on my velocity screws? How much and where would I apply it? I kinda hate messing with locktite there incase I have to remove the valve again it's gonna be a paint getting the powertube out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FA22RaptorF22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:13am
 DETREVNI --Well, he is firm on the locktiting of the valve screws...therefore that is what he is chastising us about...then again he is right and i edited another post because i realized that i do indeed do that.

And ok: Edit: put a drop or so locktite on the velocity screw and rub it around with your fingers.  Then put it in and move it in and out a bit.  Set it it a bit past flush with the gun and leave it for now.  Locktite the valve screws...with the gun assembled, unscrew them, apply locktite and screw em in...your done!

Edited by FA22RaptorF22 - 29 June 2006 at 12:15am
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:19am

right, so i WASNT talking about the loctite, i was talking about the air. now he filled it, it works fine, and you can put some loctite or thread sealant on the valve screws to seal it up.

happy logan?

back on subject, i prefer teflon tape over loctite, for the most part, because if you need to remove the screws after a while, it becomes easier. but since they are valve screws, and you shouldnt need to take them out for a while, loctite might be the best choice.

Edited by DeTrevni - 29 June 2006 at 12:21am

Chrisb319 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisb319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:19am

DETREVNI --Well, he is firm on the locktiting of the valve screws...therefore that is what he is chastising us about...then again he is right and i edited another post because i realized that i do indeed do that.

And ok: Edit: put a drop or so locktite on the velocity screw and rub it around with your fingers.  Then put it in and move it in and out a bit.  Set it it a bit past flush with the gun and leave it for now.  Locktite the valve screws...with the gun assembled, unscrew them, apply locktite and screw em in...your done!

Won't the locktite ruin the threading on the valve body?
Chrisb319 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisb319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:22am

right, so i WASNT talking about the loctite, i was talking about the air. now he filled it, it works fine, and you can put some loctite or thread sealant on the valve screws to seal it up.

happy logan?

back on subject, i prefer teflon tape over loctite, for the most part, because if you need to remove the screws after a while, it becomes easier. but since they are valve screws, and you shouldnt need to take them out for a while, loctite might be the best choice.

I'd rather just use teflon tape if I can only because I had a hard time taking those screws out the first time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FA22RaptorF22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 5:57pm
Chrisb319 -- No, use blue locktite, it comes off easier.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic