Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

upgrading imagine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerwhale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 1:53am
the imagine isnt the worlds greates gun im not saying it sucs but you could sell it for $100 and save $100 and buy an ion

but whatever it is your choice

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 2:06am
But you can't even compare the Ion to the Spyder. One's an electropneumatic, the other's a sear-tripper. Plus, Spyders can run on CO2 and a cheap electric hopper (unless you get like the T-board and stuff). That by itself is gonna cost an extra $150 or so for the Ion. Spyders and Tippies = ultimate beginner and tinkerer gun.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 3:34am
Originally posted by killerwhale killerwhale wrote:

the imagine isnt the worlds greates gun im not saying it sucs but you could sell it for $100 and save $100 and buy an ion

but whatever it is your choice
uh....what?
X
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 3:36am

Yeah, I forgot to mention, resale on Spyders suck, no one'll give them a chance.

You could maybe get $50 out of a stock imagine. If it's in good condition.

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 3:37am
"The Imagine is not the worlds greatest gun, but it doesn't suck. You could sell it for 100 and then save up another hundred and buy an Ion with the 200 you have. But obviously I'm forgetting the need for an HPA tank and hopper, and a good pair will cost me another 300 or so."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 3:39am
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

"The Imagine is not the worlds greatest gun, but it doesn't suck. You could sell it for 100 and then save up another hundred and buy an Ion with the 200 you have. But obviously I'm forgetting the need for an HPA tank and hopper, and a good pair will cost me another 300 or so."
oh...
X
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 3:44am
Another plus: that $300 will buy near all of what was on my little list.

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 3:45am
Neat how that works!
Hadarac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hadarac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 10:35am
But then if the spyders really uped after the 300 you need a new hopper
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 10:22pm
im gonna get a new feedneck I only run compressed air through my guns(they deserve the best) and I have a empire hopper
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

im gonna get a new feedneck I only run compressed air through my guns(they deserve the best) and I have a empire hopper
good start.  be sure to post pics if you go through with it..
X
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 12:26am

*Sigh*

I miss tweaking my Spyder. I owe my folks like $179, so I'm out of it for a while...

Last I checked, when I painted my grip frame, I lost the sear return spring, so I'm gonna have to contact Kingman. Maybe I can get a new one for free.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 2:17am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

*Sigh*

I miss tweaking my Spyder. I owe my folks like $179, so I'm out of it for a while...

Last I checked, when I painted my grip frame, I lost the sear return spring, so I'm gonna have to contact Kingman. Maybe I can get a new one for free.

that sucks...  maybe a tippmann spring would work... contact them if you still have a warrenty...
X
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 2:38am

It's an '03 Imagine that has been stripped, sanded, milled, and modded. If they still count that under warranty, than Kingman has the uberest customer service of them all...

I e-mailed them to see if they could just send me a spring, seeing as to it's just a spring. If not, I also asked what I would have to go through to get one.

Edited by DeTrevni - 21 July 2006 at 2:38am

Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 3:02am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Hey, a cheap mech Spyder like a Victor is only $40...

That would be perfect.

i got mes a kingman targa how bout that?
Canadians do it on top.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 4:30am
Wow. That's pretty old school. I don't even know how many ups you can get for that! Good condition?

Edited by DeTrevni - 21 July 2006 at 4:31am

a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2006 at 10:56pm
i might be able to get to my proshop tommorow and hopefully my dad can let me get more stuff for customizing

Edited by a5Tpp789 - 22 July 2006 at 10:57pm
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2006 at 12:55pm
i saw a spimmy imp cocker, it was like a timmy body with cocker pneus, and imp gas line hardware, with spider imp and timmy internals, it shot like 25 bps, but fixing would be a **edited**

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2006 at 7:02pm
I just bought a feedneck off of ebay
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2006 at 10:16pm
Good luck with your Spyder. Hope the project works out!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic