Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flatline.. inaccurate as heck?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RevoXT View Drop Down
Strike 3 and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 8:05pm
lol Tippmann Freak, Does that no make sense to you? The cyclone needs a good amount of air to function correctly.. low pressure air is less air used and lower pressure.... I have heard MANY problems with LPK's when used with the Cyclone. Pneumatic Hoppers and LPK's just sound like a very bad idea, I actually questioned the guy at PB Atlanta today who was working on some guns about installing a LPK on my gun and he said it's a BAD idea for A-5's since Tippmann's internal are BUILT for High-Pressure and the Cyclone can easily have problems of being starved with an LPK, most people who I talk to on the field agree that Tippmann's run best on HPA or C02, not LPA

Edited by RevoXT - 21 August 2006 at 9:14pm
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
tippmannfreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Post, 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by RevoXT RevoXT wrote:

With Tippmann's I shouldn't require HPA to get remotely good accuracy. Anti-Siphon c02 is GAS just like HPA, I'm going to add a Palmer Stabalizer in two weeks, Why would I ever get a LPK? That's just bad for the A-5 the friggin' Cyclone Feeder NEEDS PRESSURE to operate

i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're twelve...
Tippmann 98 Custom
Psycho Ballistics X-Chamber
P.B. Drop Forward
Polished internals
Lapco Bigshot 12"
Macro Line
Rufus Dog Double Trigger
Dye Stickies
Polished Receiver Halves
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 8:35am
lol...u cant argue with idiots cuz they dont know theyre wrong

Edited by DsXz - 20 August 2006 at 8:35am
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 1:41pm
With Tippmann's I shouldn't require HPA to get remotely good accuracy. Anti-Siphon c02 is GAS just like HPA, I'm going to add a Palmer Stabalizer in two weeks, Why would I ever get a LPK? That's just bad for the A-5 the friggin' Cyclone Feeder NEEDS PRESSURE to operate
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 12:26pm
If you were to get HPA, a Palmers reg, a LPK and marbalizzers you would have decent accuracy with the flatline
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 12:19am
I am useing anti-siphoned C02 and I am going to be adding a X-Chamber soon but I don't think it's needed since my tank is anti-siphoned w\ smart parts valve. I guess I'll buy a palmer stabalizer soon enough.
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 11:06pm

Originally posted by tippmannfreak tippmannfreak wrote:

depends what you play. i play mainly speedball so i have absolutely no use for it. even when i play woods i can't see too many opportunites for one. the thought of being able to shoot farther than anybody is the biggest part of the flatline, once you do rock somebody from the far end of the field, they'll wake up and realize they're not safe and you won't have anymore sucker shots to capitalize on. just my opinion.

Long distance is not the primary reason for the Flatline. The flat trajectory, the ability to shoot under a low hanging limb or between limbs, is the real advantage. Not having to compensate for the arcing trajectory of  a standard barrel offers more advantage than distance. The ability to actually hit the point of aim, the ability to actually use sights rather than watch the arching trajectory for a couple of shots to compensate and get on target.

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 11:00pm

Originally posted by RevoXT RevoXT wrote:

I finally tested out my Flatline's "TRUE" shot groupings.. to my suprise, it is horrific, shots are NEVER together and they are always about a foot to 8 inch's apart... is this the sacrifice of accuracy for range?

Tight groups are accomplished with consistent shot to shot velocity which is accomplished by consistente shot to shot pressure. You are using CO2 which, at best, is prone to pressure spikes and shoot down from chilling.

At the minimum you have to run a good CO2 regulator. Best is to switch to HPA and a secondary regulator.

You didn't give the distance at which you got your poor results. With my Flatline, (shooting inside, so no wind drift) cleaned and using HPA with a Palmer LP reg and and a LPK I get 9 shots out of 10 all on an 8 inch paper plate at 60 measured yards. (Nelson Hemorrhage paint) I have seen nothing that shoots better...the Flatline just requires a bit more care.

tippmannfreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Post, 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 7:44pm
depends what you play. i play mainly speedball so i have absolutely no use for it. even when i play woods i can't see too many opportunites for one. the thought of being able to shoot farther than anybody is the biggest part of the flatline, once you do rock somebody from the far end of the field, they'll wake up and realize they're not safe and you won't have anymore sucker shots to capitalize on. just my opinion.
Tippmann 98 Custom
Psycho Ballistics X-Chamber
P.B. Drop Forward
Polished internals
Lapco Bigshot 12"
Macro Line
Rufus Dog Double Trigger
Dye Stickies
Polished Receiver Halves
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 6:53pm
Maybe because you didn't have good paint, a regulator or HPA, your grouping was that bad. Ya, the flatline is not going to be great accuracy, the barrel never actually tightens onto the ball like straight barrels. But, in reality, you can hit targets that can't hit you from a distance as long as they don't have flatlines.
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 6:12pm
I finally tested out my Flatline's "TRUE" shot groupings.. to my suprise, it is horrific, shots are NEVER together and they are always about a foot to 8 inch's apart... is this the sacrifice of accuracy for range?
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line