Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Co2 Vs Air

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote - robbo - Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Co2 Vs Air
    Posted: 11 September 2006 at 7:09am
hey people ......one question....what you think works best for the A5......co2 or Air?
RevoXT View Drop Down
Strike 3 and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 3:37pm
A-5 is orignally MADE to use C02...I use C02 on my gun but it's anti-siphoned so I never freeze up... I don't really see the cost-effectiveness of AIR on a Tippmann if you have Anti-Siphon C02.... I get very few velocity spikes under fully-auto. However, if you are going C02 and can't get your tank Anti-Siphoned get a X-Core... Positives and negatives are going to be below.. however the negatives can easily be avoided w\ C02...
HPA = Never freezes, consistant. Weakness = Expensive, Recharge rate can be a problem...
C02 = Cheap, Effective, Easier To Find. Weakness = Freezes w\o mods, inconsistant w\o mods.

Edited by RevoXT - 11 September 2006 at 3:40pm
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 6:24pm
Hey RevoXT do you hav picture of your drop and xcore I was thinking of getting a drop but I dont know if it would work as far as hoses. I was thinking macro but I am kinda scared of it with co2 
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 6:40pm
Macro will work fine with CO2.
tecumseh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I Wanna Title!! Waah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tecumseh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 7:05pm
macro was horrible when i used it with co2
what?
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 7:24pm
Yeah, HPA is expensive to fill depending on where you are. I went with HPA because it is more consistent and there is no shootdown like I got with C02. My setup can use either, but I find that HPA works better when you're throwing a lot of paint.

I was being charged $5 to fill my HPA tanks which I didn't like. I decided to invest in a scuba tank and fillstation. $200 now, but I'll make that up in a year. It only costs me $4 to fill an 80cfm scuba tank. And I can fill my tanks off of that several times over. If my friends have HPA, I'll charge them $3 to fill their tanks as much as I can during the day. If I only fill 2 people's tanks for the day, I make my money back on the scuba tank fill.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 8:11pm
As Ive said many times before, HPA is a screw. Half the stuff you hear about how "horrible" co2 is is nothing more than hype. They just want your $200 for an air tank that you dont really need.

On my A5 I personally shot +-4fps over a chrono with just a crappy mid 90s Tippmann x-chamber and a 20 ounce bottle. I also emptied the entire hopper as fast as I could fire, the entire gun was covered in ice, and it didnt miss a single shot.
RicWhic414 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bitter multiple time Ion-ownage victim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 8:19pm
well another reason for hpa is ajustability, more consistant shots, lighter tanks, and no freeze ups and tanks arent 200 you can fined them for 120-150 easy...
Tuesday starts the weekend... YAYAYA!!!!
CHUFF CHUFF
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 8:33pm
HPA on a Tippmann makes about as much sense as putting  Aviation fuel in your Lawn mower , It'll work , but your lawn cant tell the difference .
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 8:59pm
HPA is cheaper to fill at my field.  I switched to HPA years ago and I don't think I'll ever use CO2 again.

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Tippmann A-5 E-Grip & LPK
Tippmann 98C Flatline & LPK
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 9:58pm
HPA is cheaper at your field.. are you in the twilight zone? C02 Fills at field are like 5$ Here HPA Is like 9$... I have no problems with C02.. I haven't added my X-Core yet so it'll be even better when I do, Anti-Siphon does fine I can do fully auto and NEVER freeze up, the only good thing about HPA is you could get a 72CI\4800 and get about 1,600 shots.. :-P, and QcXF pm me and I'll give you a look of it with Macroline right when I hook it up which will probly be on Friday since that's when everything comes in...The drop I am useing is the Shocktech A-5 DropForward w\ On\Off ASA, the on\off is kinda pointless since my tank has a on\off valve lol but it balances the marker VERY well... and tecumseh the only reason I can think of that your Macroline didn't work well is that you most likely didn't have anti-siphon and were rapid firing.. causeing the line to freeze and then crack... and RicWhic414, What are you talking about "Lighter" A GOOD tank which would be 68\4500 runs you about 160-200+ I'm talking Crossfire\Pure Energy... 3000 PSI is just a waste.. Why spend 160-200 when you can spend 20$, add a smart parts on\off valve 20$ and then anti-siphon it for 10$? If you really want to adjust you can get a C02 Regulator... you don't need HPA at all.

Edited by RevoXT - 11 September 2006 at 10:01pm
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by RicWhic414 RicWhic414 wrote:

well another reason for hpa is ajustability, more consistant shots, lighter tanks, and no freeze ups and tanks arent 200 you can fined them for 120-150 easy...

Lighter? Dont make me laugh.

And the rest of what you said was addressed in my post.

And still, $120-$150 for a tank is dumb, when a $20 co2 bottle will work just as well and give you more shots per tank

RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:10pm
I already said everything that you said above Enos.. I forgot the part that C02 is lighter though :-\ HPA can weigh a ton.. I remember I saw a 112ci tank.. woah lol

Edited by RevoXT - 11 September 2006 at 11:11pm
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
- robbo - View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote - robbo - Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 2:13am

hmmm a lot of you are talking about cost......air and co2 in uk are FREE fills on site....and about £1.50 fill in shops.

also SOME air tanks can be lighter,,,,the carbon wrap ones..i have 1.5L bottle (puts out 800-900psi to the gun, an the A5 is reccomended 850, so think the reg i have on it is perfect for my gun)

also at HROF i dont feel to comfortable about my gun freezing lol specially with some of the boards doing 20bps+...when the O rings freeze with the co2, they become brittle over time, main reason i use air is it is classed as 'clean' source to.

just wanted to know all your opinions.

thanks

RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 3:05am
.....as I was saying you're gun SHOULD NOT freeze if you do the cheap mods that I listed above.. mine never has, I can get up to 15bps right now and by friday I will be up to 22bps with my R\T, I'll report back then. If you REALLY want HPA.. fine, but it's not required.
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:15am
I spent less than $160 total for both of my 114ci fiber-wrapped tanks.  If you're spending tons of money on HPA tanks, you don't know where to shop.  I'm using HPA on my A-5 because both of my 20oz C02 bottles stopped working.  One won't fill and the other one won't keep a fill.  Besides, I need HPA for my backup marker (Ion) if the A-5 should ever break down on me.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:18am

Quote 3000 PSI is just a waste..

It isn't if there is nobody that can fill higher than 3000psi.  I purchased my HPA tanks around the local infrastructure.  It would be a waste to purchase a 4500psi tank if all I can get are 3000psi fills.

RicWhic414 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bitter multiple time Ion-ownage victim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:35am
have you guys ever felt a carbo fiber tank... not the steel nitro tanks... sorry but a5's weigh enough as it is i dont need to have a co2 tank on the back of my gun to make it heavier... question if nitro is so much heavier why would speedball guys use it when everythin they do to the markers is to make it lighter, more consistant, and accurate... you guys have fun with your c02 spikes and go ahead and anti siphon your tank it doesnt matter... you will still get spikes no matter what... Nitrogen is the way to go... revoxt do you have a chrono that does bps if not... not really sure if you can tell just by ear how many bps you are doin

*edit* almost forgot with you shoot that fast with co2 you will have alot of shoot down...

Edited by RicWhic414 - 12 September 2006 at 9:39am
Tuesday starts the weekend... YAYAYA!!!!
CHUFF CHUFF
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 4:50pm
You must be weak... lol, either way anti-siphon with an X-Core will basically eliminate ALL liquid. Anti-Siphon does a pretty good job but under rapid fire little bits of liquid gets in... X-Core takes care of it... And no, me and my buddy use a "home-made" chrono. and we also compare fire rates to eachother guns, hince his spyder does 15bps, we put them side by side and see how well they keep up. Field is about an hour away.. I only go there when I am ready to play. If you even call Tippmann they say C02 is THE way to go it just has problems BUT you can SOLVE them and have a perfect c02 tank for only 60$. Question on speedball? They fire extremly fast. They normally have Ions\Shockers\Electras and other high-end electros which can NOT have ANY liquid hit the selonoid, that a good enough answer for you? Shootdown can be solved, my gun proves it. I'll also make a video once I install all of this new stuff into my gun...

Edited by RevoXT - 12 September 2006 at 4:51pm
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
- robbo - View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote - robbo - Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 5:12pm
so why do all torney playes use air and not co2?....jst seems like a hell of a lot of effort to go through putting all this gear on for the co2.......i spend £100 on my air tank.....it works lol just like tht......also its not just the liquid u gotta worry about....its still cold...which weakens the o rings yet again and makes the brittle over time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic