Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thank you Sen. Kerry.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thank you Sen. Kerry.
    Posted: 31 October 2006 at 4:53pm
I am more proud than ever to claim I am from this mans state. Apparently I'm an idiot in his book who cant make it in college. Even though I am in college now.

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq" -Senator John Kerry. My democratic Senator from Massachusetts. What a great man he is.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 4:55pm
You're not in Iraq. Nice try though.

(Disclaimer- I do believe Kerry is a tool.)
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:03pm

Granted that Kerry shouldn't be allowed to open his mouth in public - I think this little gaffe is (unsurprisingly) being blown out of proportion.  I don't think that he meant to imply that everybody in the armed services is stupid/dropout/retarded/whatever.

But hey - it's election season.

FlimFlam View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I hate to do this in public

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlimFlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:17pm

You guys are awefully dismissive of a pretty condescending (in my opinion) quote.  I wonder if it would be different on the other side of the aisle...

At any rate, if you follow his logic, it DOES explain how he ended up in Viet Nam...

.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:17pm
Uh...yeah....wont defend that one. He butchered whatever point he was trying to make. I never did like him that much, he was like the worst Dem candidate possible in '04, but I did like some of his ideas. Still wish he would have won by a bigger margin though.....

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

You're not in Iraq. Nice try though.(Disclaimer- I do believe Kerry is a tool.)

It doesnt matter that I'm not in Iraq. I am preparing for it. We should be hearing a call for volunteers to go in a month or so at my unit. So Yeah. I'll be there. Nice try though.
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:25pm
When do you leave? 

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by FlimFlam FlimFlam wrote:

You guys are awefully dismissive of a pretty condescending (in my opinion) quote.  .

I don't think we are being dismissive - everybody so far has agreed that it was the wrong thing to say.

But I don't think it was condescending.  That's the misinterpretation.  I read his statement as a statement about armed services politics, recruiting strategies, and the Iraq war in general.  Maybe I'm the one reading too much into it.

But the interpretation that the White House is putting on this comment makes no sense coming from someone like Kerry.

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

It doesnt matter that I'm not in Iraq. I am preparing for it. We should be hearing a call for volunteers to go in a month or so at my unit. So Yeah. I'll be there. Nice try though.

Fair enough, and my apologies for being a bit harsh- there's just a lot of wannabes around, and it's very predominant especially among new military members who haven't actually been anywhere or done anything yet and still insist on a sort of overblown legitimacy. I'm always careful not to give the impression that I've served overseas when I as of yet have not, and it irks me a tad when people handle it different. If some of them were to be believed, half the new kids in my regiment will be fast roping from helicopters carrying MP5s this time next year...
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:34pm
yea kerrys not the best candidate, but you have to admit though.....when bush and kerry are side my side, kerrys the lesser of two evils
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by FlimFlam FlimFlam wrote:

You guys are awefully dismissive of a pretty condescending (in my opinion) quote.  .

I don't think we are being dismissive - everybody so far has agreed that it was the wrong thing to say.

But I don't think it was condescending.  That's the misinterpretation.  I read his statement as a statement about armed services politics, recruiting strategies, and the Iraq war in general.  Maybe I'm the one reading too much into it.

But the interpretation that the White House is putting on this comment makes no sense coming from someone like Kerry.

Yeah, thats what I was thinkin, seems like he just really screwed up on some kind of "the poor go to war" allusion.....

Joe: Most definitely. I could beat Blackwell purple for what he did to him here in Ohio.....

Edited by .Ryan - 31 October 2006 at 5:38pm

phillll227 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillll227 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

Still wish he would have won by a bigger margin though.....

????

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:45pm

Fair enough, and my apologies for being a bit harsh- there's just a lot of wannabes around, and it's very predominant especially among new military members who haven't actually been anywhere or done anything yet and still insist on a sort of overblown legitimacy. I'm always careful not to give the impression that I've served overseas when I as of yet have not, and it irks me a tad when people handle it different. If some of them were to be believed, half the new kids in my regiment will be fast roping from helicopters carrying MP5s this time next year...

MP5s? Why on earth would they use an MP5 The rounds are too small. They wont do anything. Hell the 5.56 doesnt do anything when the insurgents are so high on god knows what when they fight us. (thats what I've been told by many Marines.)
What unit are you in that would switch to MP5? Are you FAST or something?

As for when I am going. Its anyone's guess. Rumor has it that in January they may be sending those who havent been to Iraq (me included) to 29 Palms for desert warfare training. As long as its after December 9 I dont care. I really want to go to the Marine Corps. birthday Ball on December 9.
pattison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:45pm
if he is implying that most military people are dumb, he is right.
there is, of course, a certain percentage that are not dumb, but it is below 50 without question.
political views aside, that is a valid statement.
Eat The Brisket
Hippymon View Drop Down
Guested - idiot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hippymon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:45pm

I am more proud than ever to claim I am from this mans state. Apparently I'm an idiot in his book who cant make it in college. Even though I am in college now.

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq" -Senator John Kerry. My democratic Senator from Massachusetts. What a great man he is.

ummm.. i must say, you are truely an ignorant, anti-american, comunist.
w0000t trolling is my specialty.
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by phillll227 phillll227 wrote:

????

Yeah, he got screwed out of Ohio and the presidency....if he would have won by a little more they may not have been able to steal it....

pattison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:51pm
rolling stone news: "only slightly more biased than fox news"
Eat The Brisket
phillll227 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillll227 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 5:53pm

Originally posted by phillll227 phillll227 wrote:

????
Yeah, he got screwed out of Ohio and the presidency....if he would have won by a little more they may not have been able to steal it....

I think if there was a list of unbiased news sources, Rolling Stone would probably be second to last, only ahead of Al-Jazeera.

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by pattison pattison wrote:

if he is implying that most military people are dumb, he is right.
there is, of course, a certain percentage that are not dumb, but it is below 50 without question.
political views aside, that is a valid statement.

Where did you get this information? I know a lot of people in the military. I dont know that many who are dumb. Not many at all. Most are intelligent.

Edited by Kristofer - 31 October 2006 at 6:07pm
Pate View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ladyboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 6:13pm
Most people join the military because its an alternate to working out of High School(full time), an experience, To defend there country(there still out there), to get put through college, or because they are unsure what what they want to do in life.

It feels good to be a gangster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic