Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thank you Sen. Kerry.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 2:50pm
Got "rich?" quick, retired at 42, hate it. Still working going to school, whatever. Our $100K plus tri-income (VA dis, mommas city salary, my salary) divided by kid education expenses, the Bank of Dad loans to kids (poor return rate on those, thinkin on raising interst rate and hiring Guidos Collections),taxes, and just living expenses, leaves little for the "oldsoldier retires finally to Alaska" fund, the Harley fund is actually in the negative.
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Rico's Revenge Rico's Revenge wrote:

As far as "my arguement," both my arguement and this whole arguement were long over... I'm sick and tired of these two morons re-hashing their liberal crap over and over again.   They have nothing else to say unless it involves a direct shot at Republican America or those dumb military people.   They have had NO direct contact with real life in their 19 years of existance.  

After 4 years of being here and listening to their BS and 35 years of life, I am entitled to a melt down.   I think I've earned the right to throw down a rant.   You can talk and talk (read: type and type), but sometime the only thing that really helps is a good biatchslap.

O.K., I'm typing this as slow as possible for you.  I'm 40.  I graduated college.  I do pretty good working for the state of Ohio.  I c-a-n a-f-f-o-r-d t-o p-a-y y-o-u t-o r-a-k-e m-y l-e-a-v-e-s.

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 2:52pm

As far as "my arguement," both my arguement and this whole arguement were long over... I'm sick and tired of these two morons re-hashing their liberal crap over and over again.   They have nothing else to say unless it involves a direct shot at Republican America or those dumb military people.   They have had NO direct contact with real life in their 19 years of existance.  

After 4 years of being here and listening to their BS and 35 years of life, I am entitled to a melt down.   I think I've earned the right to throw down a rant.   You can talk and talk (read: type and type), but sometime the only thing that really helps is a good biatchslap.

Hehehe.

You are always good for a laugh Rico.

More name calling. Always a good way to go. Thoughtless labeling, another great tactic.

Oooh looks like we have some age assumption going on in there too, that always helps when talking to the Smitty's. "I am older than you are," reminds me of 2nd grade all over again.

By the way, if you are going to use your amount of time on the forum as a bragging point, let me know when you get to six years (of course by then I will have been here eight).

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

the Harley fund is actually in the negative.

Bleh. You do not want a Harley anyway.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by FlimFlam FlimFlam wrote:

First, you'll be chagrined to know that the report only deals with recent high school graduates, not "housewives or retired folks" taking classes.

Chagrined indeed.  That's what I get for posting before reading.  Nevertheless, I will forge on, despite the risk of inserting my foot further into my mouth.

But I clearly did a poor job of stating my point.  Let me try again.

1.  Recent national statistics showed that the average income of college graduates is basically double that of a non-college HS grad.

2.  I propose, without supporting data, that similar statistics drilled down would show that the average income of college graduates from state schools or equivalent/better private schools is sharply different from the average income of graduates from community colleges and tech schools.  I can certainly state that the employment opportunities differ vastly between those two categories of schools.

3.  When people in general talk of going to college, they generally don't mean CC or tech school - "college" in common nomenclature means 4-year state school or better.

4.  I propose, without supporting data, that 4-year state colleges are not meaningfully accessible to most Americans, simply on the basis of economics.  Lumping CC/tech schools in with the data skews the data.

Maybe that makes more sense.

Rico's Revenge View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 3:21pm

Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

O.K., I'm typing this as slow as possible for you.  I'm 40.  I graduated college.  I do pretty good working for the state of Ohio.  I c-a-n a-f-f-o-r-d t-o p-a-y y-o-u t-o r-a-k-e m-y l-e-a-v-e-s.

My bad on the age thing, please allow me to correct it... "You THINK like a 19 year old with no life experience.  

As for raking your ability to retain my leaf raking services, I'll say this slower...

P- -R- -O- -B- -A- -B- -L- -Y  N- -O- -T

wait, you work for the State of Ohio?  LOL!

D- -E- -F- -I- -N- -I- -T- -E- -L- -Y   N- -O- -T

And TDK there was no bragging or comparison as to my tenure on the forum, apperently your reading retention still needs additional improvement.  I FULLY realize how long you have been here... because I've had to read your dribble since I've been here.   What I said was that based on the time I have spent here... I have earned the right to finally get ticked off and blow some steam off.

"Thats right, I play pump... your girlfriend borrowed my last set of batteries."
"How many times a second are you going to miss me before I shoot you?"
Dave Ellis Rocks!!!
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by pattison pattison wrote:

if he is implying that most military people are dumb, he is right.
there is, of course, a certain percentage that are not dumb, but it is below 50 without question.
political views aside, that is a valid statement.

I'm sure its been said in this thread already, but I'm not going to bother to check.

It was a slam aimed at bush, getting the US stuck in iraq. But as per usual, he screwed it up.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 3:23pm

I've had to read your dribble since I've been here.

Awww poor baby.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

there is, of course, a certain percentage that are not dumb, but it is below 50 without question.

I'm sure its been said in this thread already, but I'm not going to bother to check.

It was a slam aimed at bush, getting the US stuck in iraq. But as per usual, he screwed it up.

Can you honestly see Kerry pulling off a joke anyway? He has as much charisma as a slice of bologna.

Not the good kind either, like the 98 cent chicken stuff.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Can you honestly see Kerry pulling off a joke anyway? He has as much charisma as a slice of bologna. Not the good kind either, like the 98 cent chicken stuff.

I dont see anyone really pulling off that joke 100% cleanly even if they had worded it properly. There were so many other ways to imply that bush is dumb, but that just had potential for failure all over it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 3:28pm

Can you honestly see Kerry pulling off a joke anyway? He has as much charisma as a slice of bologna. Not the good kind either, like the 98 cent chicken stuff.

I dont see anyone really pulling off that joke 100% cleanly even if they had worded it properly. There were so many other ways to imply that bush is dumb, but that just had potential for failure all over it.

I sometimes wonder if he is just a spy implanted from the GOP to screw the Democrats over.

I bet he is a robot. Somewhere, John Ashcroft has a microphone for it.

Edited by Tae Kwon Do - 02 November 2006 at 3:28pm

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 3:30pm

I sometimes wonder if he is just a spy implanted from the GOP to screw the Democrats over.I bet he is a robot. Somewhere, John Ashcroft has a microphone for it.

Well, when Al Gore was made, there was a 2 for 1 deal on robots, and out came Kerry
RicWhic414 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bitter multiple time Ion-ownage victim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 3:34pm
Honestly none of this would be going on if he didnt apologize right after it happened... you can tell when people apologize a couple days later that someone had to tell him to apologize especially right after he said he wouldnt apologize
Tuesday starts the weekend... YAYAYA!!!!
CHUFF CHUFF
FlimFlam View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I hate to do this in public

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlimFlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 3:49pm

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

First, you'll be chagrined to know that the report only deals with recent high school graduates, not "housewives or retired folks" taking classes.

Chagrined indeed.  That's what I get for posting before reading.  Nevertheless, I will forge on, despite the risk of inserting my foot further into my mouth.

But I clearly did a poor job of stating my point.  Let me try again.

1.  Recent national statistics showed that the average income of college graduates is basically double that of a non-college HS grad.

2.  I propose, without supporting data, that similar statistics drilled down would show that the average income of college graduates from state schools or equivalent/better private schools is sharply different from the average income of graduates from community colleges and tech schools.  I can certainly state that the employment opportunities differ vastly between those two categories of schools.

3.  When people in general talk of going to college, they generally don't mean CC or tech school - "college" in common nomenclature means 4-year state school or better.

4.  I propose, without supporting data, that 4-year state colleges are not meaningfully accessible to most Americans, simply on the basis of economics.  Lumping CC/tech schools in with the data skews the data.

Maybe that makes more sense.

I don't think your point was lost, I'm just not agreeing with it ;)

1.  I should hope so

2.  I would agree.  A two year degree is for a different employment segment than a 4 year degree.  Exceptions certainly exist.  A two year medical degree (specifically nursing) will provide better opportunity (at least initially) than most 4 year degrees.

3.  I suppose I can agree to this, though I think it's much less so now, than say, 15 years ago.  Community college and 2 year programs continue to proliferate, so the term "college" is beggining to take on a much more generic meaning.

4.  Here's where we part ways.  Four year schools are still very much accessible to those who have always had access to them.  Scholarships, low interest college loans, and other financing options have only grown in recent years.  Do I think that the rise in college tuition is outpacing mean salary growth?  Yes.  Unattainable, no.  And there's always the GI bill...

Edited by FlimFlam - 02 November 2006 at 3:51pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 3:58pm

4.  Here's where we part ways.  Four year schools are still very much accessible to those who have always had access to them.  Scholarships, low interest college loans, and other financing options have only grown in recent years.  Do I think that the rise in college tuition is outpacing mean salary growth?  Yes.  Unattainable, no.  And there's always the GI bill...

Fair enough.  As I may have indicated, I don't have meaningful data to back up my points here, but my anecdotes differ from yours.  I know all too many people who were in the "middle" - too poor to pay, too rich for aid.  Similarly, my indirect experiences with the GI bill have been mixed at best.  ROTC seems to be working quite well, but I am not convinced that the GI bill helps that much - particularly with the rising cost of tuition.

But that is perhaps for a different discussion.  I was primarily expressing surprise at the high number of enrollees.  I shall now go and actually read the report.

:)

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 4:03pm

I sometimes wonder if he is just a spy implanted from the GOP to screw the Democrats over.I bet he is a robot. Somewhere, John Ashcroft has a microphone for it.

what like manchurian candidate?
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 4:04pm

Originally posted by RicWhic414 RicWhic414 wrote:

Honestly none of this would be going on if he didnt apologize right after it happened... you can tell when people apologize a couple days later that someone had to tell him to apologize especially right after he said he wouldnt apologize

I don't think so.  Either side would have capitalized on this and kept it going until election day. 

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 4:09pm
This will go on till Nov 08, if required, or needed. It is unfortunate that this is the state of American Politics today. Mr. Kerry needs to learn first lesson of public speaking, "ensure brain is on, before putting mouth into gear"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 4:12pm
Better yet, Kerry should remember the First Law of Robotics.
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

This will go on till Nov 08, if required, or needed. It is unfortunate that this is the state of American Politics today. Mr. Kerry needs to learn first lesson of public speaking, "ensure brain is on, before putting mouth into gear"

He should learn how to read. He looked at his script multiple times while reading that. and he still didnt get it right. unless thats what the script actually said.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic