Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thank you Sen. Kerry.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by phillll227 phillll227 wrote:

Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

Still wish he would have won by a bigger margin though.....

????
Yeah, he got screwed out of Ohio and the presidency....if he would have won by a little more they may not have been able to steal it....

I think if there was a list of unbiased news sources, Rolling Stone would probably be second to last, only ahead of Al-Jazeera.

Oh for christ's sake....just read it. It's all backed up and sited.....

battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

Originally posted by pattison pattison wrote:

if he is implying that most military people are dumb, he is right.
there is, of course, a certain percentage that are not dumb, but it is below 50 without question.
political views aside, that is a valid statement.

Where did you get this information? I know a lot of people in the military. I dont know that many who are dumb. Not many at all. Most are intelligent.

yea alot of people who are in it are in it for the college scholorships
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 6:35pm
I agree with what he said.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

What who said?

Edited Addition:

Originally posted by pattison pattison wrote:

if he is implying that most military people are dumb, he is right.
there is, of course, a certain percentage that are not dumb, but it is below 50 without question.
political views aside, that is a valid statement.

Where do you get your information? The rate of high school graduates or equivalent among enlisted members in the DoD is 99.1%, the civilian rate is 89%. Note that this does not include the officer corp, which all posess college degrees. The percentage of college educations is higher in the civilian world (56.2 compared to 10.4), but this number becomes less significant when the age groupings of the military and civilian groups are compared. Over 40% of enlisted members are between the ages of 17-24 (prime college attendance age) while less than 10% of the civilian labor force is in this age group. 

Edited by Mack - 31 October 2006 at 7:24pm
phillll227 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillll227 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:13pm

????
Yeah, he got screwed out of Ohio and the presidency....if he would have won by a little more they may not have been able to steal it....

I think if there was a list of unbiased news sources, Rolling Stone would probably be second to last, only ahead of Al-Jazeera.

No, that argument is not valid. Just because something is cited does not make it fact. I think that you are blind to the bias in that article because you want it to be true. The Rolling Stone article might as well be an editorial.

One search in Google will find a hundred rebuttals.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

What who said?

Senator Kerry

Edited by Tae Kwon Do - 31 October 2006 at 7:16pm

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:16pm

What who said?
Senator Kerry.

So you think. If people do bad in school, they have no choice but to go to Iraq because they arent smart enough for anything else?
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:16pm

What who said?

Pfft. You must not konw very much if you can't realize what he means.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:18pm

What who said?
Senator Kerry.

So you think. If people do bad in school, they have no choice but to go to Iraq because they arent smart enough for anything else?

I think the military is a popular option by people who do not have many other choices, yes.

Edited by Tae Kwon Do - 31 October 2006 at 7:18pm

.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:18pm

????

No, that argument is not valid. Just because something is cited does not make it fact. I think that you are blind to the bias in that article because you want it to be true. The Rolling Stone article might as well be an editorial.

If you want to talk argument validity, your committing the "ad hominem" big time right now. Just because it's from a source that is labeled "liberal" doesn't mean the article is any less factual. Did ya read it yet?

Oh and a quick search on Google will find thousands of rebuttals on anything you want....means nothing.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

What who said?

Pfft. You must not konw very much if you can't realize what he means.

I wasn't sure if he was referring to Sen. Kerry's statement or one of the other off topic arguments occurring afterwards. Oh, by the way, it's spelled "know", not "konw".
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:28pm

What who said?
Senator Kerry.

I think the military is a popular option by people who do not have many other choices, yes.

Thats not the question. Thats not what Kerry said. He said: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq". Thats not about options. Thats about being intelligent and doing well in school. Answer that question. Do you believe he is saying you are lacking intelligence if you serve in the military?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:30pm

Answer that question. Do you believe he is saying you are lacking intelligence if you serve in the military?

No.

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:31pm

Answer that question. Do you believe he is saying you are lacking intelligence if you serve in the military?
No.

Thank you for the answer.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:34pm
Glad we cleared that up. 

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 7:40pm
Have no idea why he would put foot in mouth like this 1 week before elections. Just activated the military vote, not a good thing for dems.

It does go with a recent series of statements from the left. I do remmember the only the poor and uneducated join the military statements of a few months ago.

The spin mysters are on it, it will go away here soon, as Kerry tap dances over someone elses political career.
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 8:03pm

Kerry screwed up.  Hope it doesn't cost my team too much.  I'm guessing there are very few people this late in the game who can be swayed one way or the other.  People's minds are made up.  Besides, if your patriotismo gets all in a bind over what Kerry said, you should still be stinging over President Bush jokingly looking under desks and rugs for W.M.D.'s during the national press correspondents dinner. 

phillll227 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillll227 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 8:36pm

????

If you want to talk argument validity, your committing the "ad hominem" big time right now. Just because it's from a source that is labeled "liberal" doesn't mean the article is any less factual. Did ya read it yet?Oh and a quick search on Google will find thousands of rebuttals on anything you want....means nothing.

Do you honestly believe that if President Bush "stole" the election the national media would let it slip by for one second? DO you have any idea how big the cover up would be? This is almost as ridiculous as the people that believe that President Bush is directly responsible for 9/11.

Rolling Stone is not a source that I trust to be fair and balanced when it comes to a Republican President. Period.

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 8:42pm
I guess there arent any officers in Iraq, just chock full of sergeants? K, gotcha.
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

I guess there arent any officers in Iraq, just chock full of sergeants? K, gotcha.

NCO's are pretty smart too dont forget. I had a Staff Sergeant that had a Masters. He didnt want to be an officer. He liked being a Grunt. I had a Sergeant who was in the process of getting his masters.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic