Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thank you Sen. Kerry.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 3:24pm

Originally posted by RicWhic414 RicWhic414 wrote:

he said he was making a joke at the pres. i dont know if any of you have heard what he said but it doesnt really sound like a joke at the pres. to me... I think he should re-run for pres.

Kerry is a tool and is now trying to cover himself any way he can.  I don't believe any of his "apologies" or explanations any more than I believe the GOP spin on the issue.

Edited by Clark Kent - 01 November 2006 at 3:26pm
RicWhic414 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bitter multiple time Ion-ownage victim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 3:25pm
he said he wasn't going to apologies, because it was a "joke" at the pres
Tuesday starts the weekend... YAYAYA!!!!
CHUFF CHUFF
FlimFlam View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I hate to do this in public

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlimFlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Right. The other debate using misrepresented and misinterpreted statements suck as well. "But others do it" = Not a good excuse.

You know good and well what he intended, but would rather not admidt to it.

Not "others", YOU.  Just playing by the rules you play by.

And no, I DON'T know what he intended.  I think he said what he intended.  I think if we were not in an election cycle, no apology would have been issued.  Kerry just screwed up by opening his mouth during the biggest Democratic quiet periord so far this year.  I GUARANTEE the apology was not his idea...

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 3:39pm
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/01/kerry.remarks/index.h tml

He said: "You know, education -- if you make the most of it, you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well.

"If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

A Kerry aide said the senator was supposed to say, "I can't overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq."

Edited by RicWhic414 - 01 November 2006 at 3:41pm
CHUFF CHUFF
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 3:48pm

That's what Kerry said on Imus too - he forgot to say "us".

Not sure I buy it. 

But I still don't see how any version of this statement can be twisted into an attack on the military.  That just makes no sense.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 3:49pm
I don't see how either of them are funny, I guess Im not educated 
CHUFF CHUFF
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 3:50pm

Agreed - not particularly funny either way.

But this is John Kerry we are talking about, after all.

Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 4:46pm

Wow, smell the testosterone.  All of this patriotchismo just makes me want to re-enlist so I can wear crappy armor, drive a humvee into places where M1 Abrams are getting blown onto their tops and know while I'm caught in a civil war between about a hundred different tribal factions, some lunkhead at home is mad at the Dixie Chicks while sporting a yellow magnet ribbon on his car and getting all bent out of shape over something like this. 

And as for those of you vets who want to hate on TKD for his opinion and want to get all morally superior about how you with your military service cloaked in its heavenly backlighting somehow gives him the right to speak crack me up. 

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 4:56pm
all seriousness now. i was playing devils advocate before. What he said was wrong and inappropriate. If he hadnt said worse before I'd be more offended. I know it is inevitable for me to go to Iraq. So to me. Its him calling me dumb. As a Senator who represents my state. It makes us look even worse. Especially when the President said "That senator from Massachusetts".
Then you need to think. Who said the comment. Senator John Kerry. Couldnt expect anything else from him. no sense in being offended. So I've decided. No reason to take offense when he says it. He is a fool to begin with. But he should apologize and say whatever he had ment to say if he had ment to say something else.
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by RicWhic414 RicWhic414 wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/01/kerry.remarks/index.h tml

He said: "You know, education -- if you make the most of it, you
study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart,
you can do well.

"If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."A Kerry aide said the senator was supposed to say, "I can't overstress
the importance of a great education. Do you know where you end up if
you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy?
You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq."

I heard he was supposed to say something else as well. But as he says what he said if you watch the video. He looks at his script. So as possible as it is he mispoke. I doubt it. He was reading his script. Not doing it from memory.
thebuickguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebuickguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 4:59pm
dang straight badsmitty has it correct people need to realize that when we liberated iraq we caused a civil war between kurds sunnis and **edited**tes then people get mad at anyone who tells the truth about the war and how its going look we can stay the course or we can win this war I'm a democrat and i want us to win this more then anyone else but we will not win it the way we are going right now where we are nuetral to all sides we must pick a side to be on and destroy our enemies and to those who say they all are terrorists, number 1 IRAQ had the lowest amount of terrorist in their country compared to most of the middle east cause a. saddam and the bath party knew if they were to get a foothold that the country would become the quagmire that it is today so i say we pick either the sunnis or the kurds and back them in these civil war for iraq if we do not the country will surely turn into a safe haven for iran and terrorism. 

Edited by thebuickguy - 01 November 2006 at 5:04pm
Tippmann A-5 SAW stock E grip
J&J Ceramic APEX tip
Spyder AMG J&J Ceramic
Tippmann 68 Carbine J&J Ceramic APEX tip
Tippmann Prolite
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 5:09pm

Edited by Rambino - 01 November 2006 at 5:16pm

Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 5:23pm
www2.nau.edu
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

OK Cleark Kent, we get it that you know so much about politics.

just do us a favor and just go munch.

Dear God. Please tell me that was some kind of joke.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 5:35pm
I actually find both of those pics rather funny....the first in a wrong-headed way and the second in a sort of sad/tragic way....

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 5:38pm
YOU CAN'T SPELL AMERICA WITHOUT 'MERICA.

Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 5:53pm

Well, Kerry will not be getting my vote Tuesday after this outrage.

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

Well, Kerry will not be getting my vote Tuesday after this outrage.

He isnt up for reelection.
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 6:13pm
And he's also not from Ohio....that was the joke...

Rico's Revenge View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Originally posted by FlimFlam FlimFlam wrote:

That's an either or quote there.  Please show me where the third option is in there...

I will let you show me where the words 'either' and 'or' were used in the quote first.

You know good and well what he intended, but would rather not admidt (admit) to it.

You're kidding right? 

One more time for TDK...

Originally posted by John Kerry John Kerry wrote:

You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq.

"And if you don't" is the multiple word synonym for either/or in the form of an ultimatum.   Good god dude... use your head for more than a hat rack.   You know he got you on that so just concede the point.

And regardless of what he "intended" or was "supposed to say," it was still a condesceding, elitist shot at a section of America that the Democratic Party is supposed to cater to.  

I personally took this as exactly what most people took it as... an idiot opening his mouth at the wrong time.   It just further confirmed my vote being the right one previously... luckily I will probably never have to worry about "not-voting" for him again in my life.

As for TKD and BadSmitty... do you people EVER play paintball?   Because I would love the opportunity to overshoo... uh, play with you guys sometime.

"Thats right, I play pump... your girlfriend borrowed my last set of batteries."
"How many times a second are you going to miss me before I shoot you?"
Dave Ellis Rocks!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic