Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 Full Auto/ Quick video!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 5:22pm

both are right.

Mr. dad el poster of topic is correct that the motorcycle helmet is perfectly safe and protected his son from harm.

Mack & justic are correct that even though something CAN be used for something does mean it SHOULD be used.

in conclusion, im still using my paintball mask not a motorcycle helmet, but (Fi)k-9cop is perfectly correct in that his son was perfectly safe and he took procausion to ensure the safety of his child.

and by the way, Nice gun/video

(FI)K-9COP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (FI)K-9COP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by (FI)K-9COP (FI)K-9COP wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

well yeah of course you were right

just compare the thickness of the lens' alone, motorcycle lenses can't be removed right? this would most likely make them stronger.

motorcycle ones are made of better material (still plastic though right?)

LOL, well tell that to Mack and Justice, LOL, when I made the video, it came out great, the visor stayed together, but when I took it apart last time to clean it, I forgot to tighten the freaking screws to the helmet, so it vibrated off when I was taping, but the visor had no cracks or breaks. The video prooved my point, that my son's head was in no way in danger. That's what I was going for, "Visor with stay together". Soooooo Mack and Justice, nice try, WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, Mack and Justice where in a way Right, only that you should wear all the necessary equipment when playing paintball. I wanted to make sure my son's throat was protected when we where making the first video, so I put a motorcycle helmet on him which covered his entire head and neck. So congratulations to Mack and Justice for reading the owners manual on safety, and leave the protection of children to the parents that have them.

The fact that your experiment worked doesn't make it the way things should be done or demonstrated. It also doesn't make you any less unsafe or or any more deserving of reproductive capabilities or offspring. You have to be lucky/right every time you choose to flaunt common sense and established saftey procedures (in anything) in order to avoid injury, you only have to be wrong once for bad things to happen. Hopefully, when your luck runs out there will be no innocent bystanders within collateral damage range.

Oh, good thing it wasn't on your son's head when the visor vibrated off during taping or, conversely (OOO BIG WORD), good thing the screws were tight when it was on your son's head. I think you just made my point with your statements there sonny so my work here is done.

You Crack me up Mack, We all get the big picture that your promoting. People are going to do what they want regardless what they see on TV, or the internet. If your so nieve to believe that my video of my son getting shot in the head with a paintball is going to make some people go out and try the same thing, then your an idiot. People do stupid things every day without any type of influence. Obiviously everyone shouldnt watch the NEWS, because all they have on the news are stories of people getting shot/stabbed,raped,kidnapped,DUI car accident,drugs.Those stories might influence someone!!! If people are stupid enough to shoot (Paintball)each other without any protection, then that's there problem.There going to do it regardless what you and I say. The helmet that I provided my son was safe. The experiment was to show the visor would hold up against FROZEN and NON-FROZEN paintballs (that you said WOULDNT).The KEY WORD here is VISOR!!!! The experiment shows that I shot point blank 10 FROZEN balls at point blank at the visor, these where shot in FULL AUTO MODE, which I wanted to show that the visor (man, that word just keeps coming up) would be able to withstand the constant pressure of the frozen paintballs. I never did that to my son, so it's different circumstances. I single shot balls at my kid's helmet, if the ball hit the helmet visor and the visor started to vibrated off, I WOULD NOTICE IT AFTER THE SHOT, and I WOULDNT SHOOT ANYMORE!!! So once again Mack, your still a Jerry's kid! You seem like the type of person that would try to outlaw violent video games and music because it's unsafe for the public. Are you?

Thanks Snick, your gun is pretty nice looking to, did you change any internals?

Edited by (FI)K-9COP - 19 November 2006 at 1:09pm
Who's your Daddy!!!
Snick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 2:31pm

Thanks Snick, your gun is pretty nice looking to, did you change any internals?

Thanks for the compliment.

I havent bought any aftermarker stuff like a new front-bolt or new powertube or anything if thats what you mean. But I have done plenty of homedone stuff like polishing the internals and alot of trigger mods to reduce side-to-side wabble, reduce trigger pull and add internal trigger stops and such to the point my mech trigger is quasi-walkable.

Edited by Snick - 19 November 2006 at 2:35pm
Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2006 at 12:59am

Originally posted by pattison pattison wrote:

next thing you know there will be vids posted of some idiot wearing shop glasses.

When I first started playing paintball, the turnament rules for IPPA competition required that eye protection must be warn.  Shop goggles were on the approved list, and most players wore them.

As for Mack and Justice, you both may be guilty of FUI (Foruming Under the Influence).  Put your crackpipe's down and walk away.  The only thing you've managed to do this time around is prove your general lack of intellectual ability, and absolute failure of logical application.  By any chance, did you both attend public school?

K9-

Keep up the good work. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (FI)K-9COP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2006 at 10:19am

Thank you very much Stormcharger . Never thought about that.

And Snick, it sounds like you have all the answers for the trigger, how do you reduce the trigger pull? How many pounds do you have your gun set at? On my service gun (Work) its about a 3 lb trigger pull, can you regulate that on a paintball gun? Sorry, I'm kinda new with interal paintball gun stuff. I can take it apart, put it back together, and thats about it. LOL

Who's your Daddy!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (FI)K-9COP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2006 at 10:21am
Oh and I promise to have that video up tonight. Just been busy with work...
Who's your Daddy!!!
Snick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2006 at 7:06pm

And Snick...how do you reduce the trigger pull.......

I'll talk to you through some private messages to not clog up the forum with off-topic stuff.

Edited by Snick - 20 November 2006 at 7:06pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (FI)K-9COP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 9:24am
OK..... GGGGRRRRR, the web site that I use to upload the videos to (Photobucket), is currently being stupid (will not load). I have to edit some of the video, so it should be up today sometime.
Who's your Daddy!!!
3442 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 10:51pm

Nice video, your son's face is amazing in that helmet lol

Hell, common folks, when i was a kid i kept hidding in the dryer and my dad and uncle decided to close the door on my and turn the dryer on! Damn, i even turned out quite normal also! Just stop the complaining or accusing him of being a bad father or what else: their is a lot worse out their after all... And i hightly doubt that paintball can damage the helmet... it sure as hell can't be as bad as brass eagle masks! (check out the review on pbreview..)  but i would agree on getting the kid a mask, it would be a lot more confier and safer for his neck when he runs around, throw in the proto rail with a 45/45 also!   

Anyhow, nice vid

Frank

Frank
Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 4:35am

You're welcome. 

Maybe it's me, being more than old enough to vote, but I seem to remember a time when common sense was all you needed to be safe.  Now you need special consumer alert packaging to tell you that a set of lawn darts may cause injury if used improperly.  The agony here is having to explain that a motorcycle helmet is more durable than any paintball mask. 

Edited by Stormcharger - 22 November 2006 at 4:36am
Ghostcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 5:19pm
Last time I checked we all run around a field shooting at one another.  How many people come  home with welts on a regular basis? I think a lot of people would look at all of us and say we are stupid regardless of  personal safety protection being worn. As a fellow motorcycle  rider, those lenses are super tough. As in, you can take a rock to the face riding at 80mph and it will totally save your front teeth and eyeballs. So lets do the math. I'll just use a regular 1/4-3/8" sized rock weighing roughly 1/4oz. Rock traveling at 80 mph towards you thanks to the big semi in front of you + your  speed of travel of 80 mph = total speed of 160 mph hitting your face shield.  That equates  to about 235 fps,  not real fast in the paintball world. But a rock doesn't break spreading its kinetic energy like a paintball. The lense takes the full impact. It's designed to do that. After all, the same size rock hitting your car windshield will crack it, while only  slightly marring the  helmet lense.  So at this time your are probably wondering what my long-winded obtuse point is? The kid is  friggin' safe in that helmet, not  to mention the bullet-proof vest he is wearing. Before you post, do the math and research, literally. These stupid posts show the real ignorance of the general public. People smarter than you designed the equipment you use. They had to so as not to have multiple lawsuits thrown against them. I just had to add my 2 cents worth. K9 is obviously smart enough to raise his own kids without anybodies help or opinions. Flame away!!! 
98 CUSTOM PRO
-Cyclone Feed
-A5 Ricochet hopper
-Lapco Bigshot 12" barrell
-Tippmann X-chamber
-Polished internals

SL-68 II (stock)
SHERIDAN PGP (stock)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (FI)K-9COP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 9:14am
Thanks to all that have posted. From now on, my son will only wear his paintball mask when messing around. Thank you Ghostcat for giving your 2 cents worth, I couldnt say it any better than you did.
Who's your Daddy!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (FI)K-9COP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 2:39pm

Video of my son playing, should I get the same gun that I have for him??? Any suggestions?

Who's your Daddy!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic