Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dangit!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dangit!
    Posted: 31 December 2006 at 1:54am

I need a gun to get me into speedball. I've got my Raimaker, but that's more of a novelty honestly...

I've got a pump, a woodsball marker, and even some custom jobs, but no speedball. I've got a lot of choices now though, so I kinda want your opinions.

Basically, it's:
- Ion (I'd love one to screw around with)
- B2K/BKO/Promaster (Nice and such, but not too much in the realm of customizing, which I LOVE)
- Matrix/DM4 (decent price now, good deal of ups)
- E-'cocker (most ups/customization potential)

So far, I'm leaning towards the e-'cocker. Any thoughts?

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 3:26am
me personally... I'd go with none of those.  Me personally.... go with the proto matrix Rail.

PMR

Edited by Panda Man - 31 December 2006 at 3:26am
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 5:23am
Meh. If I was to spend $400, I'd get the Mini. I don't really wanna go over $300 though, excluding setup like air and hopper and junk.

FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 6:19am
I have allot of experience in speed ball and tourneys and basically, i would stay away from cocker's and icd, the best guns i have seen at ALL of the tourneys i have gone to (and through personal use) have always been Dye, Ego, Shockers, or Timmy's, theres a few more but that is basically the list i go through when looking for a new gun.
<1 meg sig = bad>
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 9:39am
I would go with a Dye Matrix LCD or a DM4. Or, if you could find an AKA gun like a Viking or Excalibur, that would be pretty awesome.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Simma Down!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simma Down!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 9:58am
Id just go with the ion. Tons of upgrades available for em. I havent been in the speedball scene for a while so im not up to date on all the new toys but out of what you have listed Ive shot them all and liked the ion the most. Smallest profile and a really tight fun gun.
Connmann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Simma Down!! Simma Down!! wrote:

Id just go with the ion. Tons of upgrades available for em. I havent been in the speedball scene for a while so im not up to date on all the new toys but out of what you have listed Ive shot them all and liked the ion the most. Smallest profile and a really tight fun gun.

I guess another advantage is that you can buy ion replacement parts at lots of places and if you feel really confident in taking apart an ion (ask to take apart a friends ion first and get an idea on how they work) and then buy some expensive ups (lucky mac noid+board, bodykit if you feel like it, grips, new gripframe, regulator, bolt, etc) this way you can build an ion from the ground up like lots of cockers. the only reason why i reccomend this is because my friend put a hybrid trigger on his ion and now he says he voided the warranty from the distributor and the manufacturer. Not to mention it is cool when you can says its been custom built by a pro.
table of what really makes your marker work
*Gnomes= autocockers
*Fairies= Angels
*Pixies= Timmys
*leprachauns= tippys
*goblins= spyders
*elves= mags    
*lawyers= smartparts
Ya I'm that smart
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 1:45pm

Okay, how's this: a LNIB pink Ion for $140. It's basically stock minus the pink...

Yeah, I know Smart Parts = , but the way I see it is this marker has already been purchased, so SP won't see an ounce of my $$$, and I still get a decent marker.

Edited by DeTrevni - 31 December 2006 at 1:46pm

FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 2:56pm
SP is fine, dont let imature like "VIKING FOR EVA" fan boys bring you down
<1 meg sig = bad>
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 3:03pm

No, I know it's a great gun, I've always liked SP guns for some reason, but I hate the company. They are money whores...

SOOOO if I buy used, SP doesn't see any of my money, I get a gun I like, and I can stick it to the MAN!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

No, I know it's a great gun, I've always liked SP guns for some reason, but I hate the company. They are money whores...

SOOOO if I buy used, SP doesn't see any of my money, I get a gun I like, and I can stick it to the MAN!

Really? You like bricks that much? You, my friend, should become a stone mason!

The experience and ease of care I've experienced with my 'new' Dye LCD makes me say, go used high-end. The ion was built to be a mid-level marker from start to finish, you can get better construction for the same money if you buy used and smart. BTW, I'm sending out those parts Tuesday for your cocker build.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 9:46pm

E or X mag

that may be a little more your price range haha

ProBaller3000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProBaller3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

me personally... I'd go with none of those.  Me personally.... go with the proto matrix Rail.

PMR

i have to say i have 1 and i love it. there are only 2 ups to make it almost the same as a dm6. trigger, feedneck. it comes with semi, psp, mil. modes. adjustible bps up to 30. check out the review at pbreview.com and make an informed decision. the e cocker is good too
My Setup
07 Proto Martrix Rail
NDZ Slick Trigger
Dye 2 Piece Ultra Light Barrel
NDZ ASA On/Off
NDZ Clamping FeedNeck
Virtue Board
Vlocity Jr. Hopper w/ chip
68/4500 Carbon Fiber Tank
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 1:17am

Tallen, I think SP gave up on bricks 2 years ago! Heh...

Also, those old 'Trixes are pretty nice. I've always liked them. The build is getting depressing. All the people that have promised parts, you'd be the only one to deliver! It's a good thing you're a nice guy.

Also, I think I may just pour my cash into my 98 project for a while.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 9:25am
^If it's going to be freaking awesome, I say go for it. I'm still waiting on an update...
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 3:41pm
I've reached a problem. There are some parts I need to get, and some more grinding/filing/cutting I need to do.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 3:48pm
The grinding/filing/cutting shouldnt be too difficult for you based on the work you've already shown us. Care to elaborate on the parts you need, or would that give away the <???>? It looks/sounds like a badass project and I think you should continue it rather than put it on the back burner.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 8:05pm
I bought a used Ion very early this year.  After disassembling several times for cleaning, etc., I'm not that intimidated (no pun intended) anymore.  It is going to be my winter project now.  I'll up the internals as much as possible but keeping the exterior look as stock as possible.  Going for the 'Wolf-In-Sheep's-Clothing' look.  Heheheh...
Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 12:55am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Meh. If I was to spend $400, I'd get the Mini. I don't really wanna go over $300 though, excluding setup like air and hopper and junk.

get an ion there fantastic guns
Canadians do it on top.
an94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 8:27am
get on the nation, you can find a good upp'd ion for around 200-250

stormy--your avatar is sick dude!!
1 paintball gun package=$150
1 case of paint=$50
air & entry fee=$15
lighting up newbies all day long= Priceless
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic