Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
255 [90.11%]
5 [1.77%]
5 [1.77%]
6 [2.12%]
12 [4.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrilledCheese33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wich is the faster gun
    Posted: 27 January 2007 at 10:58am
me and my friends were arguing wich is fastest
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 12:22pm
Bob Long. Timmys are poppet and amazingly fast, but Angels are right up there too.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 12:48pm
Are we talking potential speed? or straight out of the box?

That said, what model are we talking about? I can easily say that a modern day shocker can outrun a bob-long defiant any day.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Are we talking potential speed? or straight out of the box?

That said, what model are we talking about? I can easily say that a modern day shocker can outrun a bob-long defiant any day.

No way. Shockers have the worst triggers on the planet and are spools. Spools will always be slower than poppets, the recharge is not as fast.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 1:46pm
Angels are definately near the top if not there.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 2:08pm
Any one of those can outrun the other with enough modification.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 2:59pm
Stock old-school (02 and under) Defiant Max BPS=13 Max after market = 20.

Current Day Shocker stock BPS= Unlimited (theoretically) Out of box, greater than 15. Add in a virtue board, and you're easily getting over 20bps.

You're talking recharge rates that are litterally in the nano-second range. Sure a spool valve may be slower on re-charge rates, but the rate is so insignificant in the scheme of pulling the trigger, that it doesn't even come into play.

Shocker triggers, btw, aren't the worst on the planet. They don't even compare to the crap that used to come stock on cockers, anything made by BE (stock Rainmaker included) and a ton of other markers. Ever fired a VM-68? How about a pro-lite or a stock '98? Even in the electro realm, they run about average for stock.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 5:45pm

Marq6/7/Rapper/whatever, Viking, certain 'Mags with very high input pressure, Ion (yes, truth) , Cyborgs, Ego7 from the looks of things. 

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 27 January 2007 at 5:46pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 5:45pm
Tallen, I had no clue we were talking about the first Gen Defiants. When you say Defiant and compare it to a modern shocker I was thinking the Defiant2. The technology gap would ofcourse make the Defiant slower.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 5:49pm

Dont mags have one of the fastest cycling internals?

That RT supermag with the scuba tank, only thing it hasnt outshot was the Qloader, atleast im pretty sure

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

Tallen, I had no clue we were talking about the first Gen Defiants. When you say Defiant and compare it to a modern shocker I was thinking the Defiant2. The technology gap would ofcourse make the Defiant slower.

You mean... they actually sold enough to make new ones?!?!?!

I know I know. I was using that as an example for the poll maker as to how he needs to bring in an age range etc.
Fiction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 5:44pm
An angel by far, plus an ion jams alot, at least mine does
http://imgs.pbnation.com/ads/vforce01_b.gif
Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 2:03am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Any one of those can outrun the other with enough modification.

i'd say that is true with all them except the a-5, a-5 is a sear tripping nightmare, which is the slowest firing mechanisim there is.(in electros) out of the guns listed any can out run any other one, dpeneds o nthe person shooting it, the firing mode, and the mods the gun itself has. straight out of the box though, its probably angel.
Canadians do it on top.
Nutteralex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutteralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 11:54am
They all go the same it's all the loader.

Please for the love of god don't get a flatline.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 7:17pm

Originally posted by Nutteralex Nutteralex wrote:

They all go the same it's all the loader.

Not really.

Langside View Drop Down

One strike, language in link 2/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Langside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 7:56pm

Shockers can go quite fast... but all depends on what board you have as the stock one isn't going to be as fast as a virtue with cheat cheat mods!

I would go for the shocker though.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Langside Langside wrote:

Shockers can go quite fast... but all depends on what board you have as the stock one isn't going to be as fast as a virtue with cheat cheat mods!

What limits the shocker is its trigger. The board does suck, but Virtue sucks too. They are a shady company aswell.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 1:36am
it saddens me autocockers are no longer included in these arguements...
X
Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

it saddens me autocockers are no longer included in these arguements...

didnt brass eagle buy wgp? if thats so, then that is why.
Canadians do it on top.
Langside View Drop Down

One strike, language in link 2/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Langside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 5:29am
Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

Originally posted by Langside Langside wrote:

Shockers can go quite fast... but all depends on what board you have as the stock one isn't going to be as fast as a virtue with cheat cheat mods!

What limits the shocker is its trigger. The board does suck, but Virtue sucks too. They are a shady company aswell.

True true.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic