Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 w/ apex...more mods to come

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtbike14455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 7:48pm
very nice 
estcstpnt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estcstpnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 8:21pm
It looks good but I think the grenade launcher looks a bit too long.
Thinking about it...
mamasboi View Drop Down
Strike 1, FIlter dodge, 7/23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 12:30am
very nice i kinda thought the x7's were kinda not going to hit but i guess i was wrong i really want to get one now

nathanours View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanours Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 12:56am

i like the gun alot

does the apex fit on the J&J ceramic barrel?

u make me want one now

sorry if this offends any one but it is funny

Tippman 98c w/ J&J ceramic barrel
polished internals
expansion chamber
Strandimal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strandimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 5:51pm
I dont know much about fitting Apex tips to foreign barrels.  I'm glad you like it.
tonton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2007 at 7:56am
very very very nice.  the only question i have is how much does it weigh?  cuz it look just a little heavy.  but besides that, it perfect.  but i imagine u r goin ti make it perfecter.  ok i have two more questions.  how do u make the grenade launcher shoot?  and how does that air through thing work?
custom pro
e-trigger
----------------------
we are the gwagalagas!!! ya we're nerds, get over it.

owned to the dome!
socom clan: COG
dgonzales21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgonzales21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2007 at 10:02pm

How did you get buttstock to fit?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strandimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 4:49pm

To get the buttstock to fit, I replaced the center pin from the end cap with the pin that originally srewed into the stock from the airsoft rifle.  I had to saw off part of the new pin, then locked in place by forcing a wide washer over the end of both sides of the end cap.  Then I screwed the buttsock in the same way it screwed into that pin when it was in the airsoft rifle.  I followed that up with jb weld.  This stock has a solid feel and fit to it, but since the stock is hollow, it's loud as hell when I fire this thing next to my face.  The plus side of the hollow stock is its a great place to store my squegee.  I'll probably replace it with a commando stock when it becomes available.

Also, I just installed an RT trigger.  I do not recommend the RT for anyone attempting this mod.  The 9oz tank just doesnt have enough beef to it to run the bolt, cyclone, and RT effectively.  The RT is useless after the first couple of bursts.  However, it works just fine when I plug in my 20oz tank.  I cant wait for the egrip to become available.

More about the front sight;  this weekend I realized that installing a front sight would interfere with taking the barrel off to clean it (in the middle of a firefight).  I could mount the front sight to the foregrip, and that would work just fine, but...it would take longer to unscrew the barrel to clean it.

Good luck to anyone trying to mod their X7 with a custom stock, foregrip, etc.  Please share your results if you do.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strandimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 4:57pm

Tonton,

The grenade launcher doesn't shoot or launch anything.  What looks like the grenade launcher's barrel is really just a 9oz tank.  The air runs from the tank, through a female palmer stabelizer found at www.specialopspaintball.com which is mounted by elevated scope rings.  The palmer stabelizer is connected to the stock hose which runs through the top of the magwell, the  magazine itself, then into the gun.

Heavy is not in my vocabulary.  But the weight is quite reasonable.  It just feels right.

tonton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 8:13pm
ok that makes scence.  but how does the air through thing work.

Edited by tonton - 13 March 2007 at 8:13pm
custom pro
e-trigger
----------------------
we are the gwagalagas!!! ya we're nerds, get over it.

owned to the dome!
socom clan: COG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strandimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 12:33am

The "air through thing" you're referring to doesn't exist on this marker.  No air runs through my stock, it comes directly from the 9oz tank in the mock launcher.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic