FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

buying a speedball gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 8:28pm
Wow. I'm sorry. I spaced. I actually thought the second page was a completely different thread and thought that Tallen was the thread starter. Sorry for the confusion I caused some, I was a little confused myself.
killerhalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 8:05pm
^^^^^ read all post befor you post i said i am gettin an invert mini
TippmannsRkool9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannsRkool9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 8:04pm
Get the JT Protium or Quadra off action village, its only like $120 for the Protium and it is a good starter speedball marker.
Tippmanns are cool like Dye's are expensive, and JT Protiums are great markers too!
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 6:18pm
Wow, this degraded into a flame war...

Jersey, I'm not the one looking for the marker, Killer Halo is. I just got into the discussion about the mini. I'm not a fan of them, regs are big-time important to me when it comes to the function of a high-end marker. But thanks none the less for trying to help!

$400 98custom, seriously my friend, I'd reconsider your sig (the value on many of those items has dropped anyway) and the stance you take. Who cares if someone doesn't agree with your suggestion. Unless you are making an obvious false statement, none of us that have been here for some time will slam you. We may suggest that you yourself look into certain types of markers more than you have now, but there's no need to start a pointless flame war. That said, "buy a '98" is the most often seen line on this forum, in many cases, it is a good choice. But when it comes to speedball and the tournament end of paintball, a '98 simply won't hold up to the competition without some serious work and a lot of cash. For what it takes to find a working e-bolt, board, LPK, regulator, barrel, hopper, rail or drop, etc. You can get the full package in a DM/PM E-Tek, Angel, etc. To whit, I'm currently in the process of re-fitting an e-bolt to a matrix board just to get it up and running. The "broken" e-bolt ran my friend $70 alone. So, do some research. I picked up my DMLCD with Freeflow "Anderson" board, Reloader II, Evil 2pc, CP reg, Phat Drop, and CP snatch grip for $187 shipped. Can't get a '98 with ANYTHING decent on it for that...

EDIT_____________

BTW, Commander Cool, the current exchange rate is somewhere around $1.99/GBP, so double the price.

Edited by tallen702 - 14 February 2007 at 6:19pm
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 5:31pm
well maybe if you read the frist post that i wrote i dont want ions they suck every one i have used has died and had to be sent to sp to get fixed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Commander_Cool Commander_Cool wrote:

Originally posted by killerhalo killerhalo wrote:

i dont know the exchange rate or the converson for scotland to the u.s.

...they are part of the United Kingdom.....part of Great Britian for centuries persay....they use the British pound....so its the conversion rate of the BRITISH pound to the US dollar... moron.

If you aren't going to take the time to write things coherently so people can help you, or bother look up the exchange rate, but have the time to post, you are lazy as well as an embicile, as a result noone should help you.

your an ass get ver your self
$400 98custom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $400 98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 1:41pm
yup.  but i am prolly sounding conservative, but id much rather go with a cheap tippmann then buy a super 'cocker.  but thats just me.  in the end, its up to the dude that started this thread what gun he buys
<giant sig = bad>
BACK TO THE USSR
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 12:51pm
first of all, 500 pounds is roughly 800+ dollars US, so thats not that cheap... you can get a good ion or autococker for roughly 300 to 400 bucks you just need to know where to look
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $400 98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 10:20am
owned
<giant sig = bad>
BACK TO THE USSR
Commander_Cool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander_Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 10:17am

Originally posted by killerhalo killerhalo wrote:

...they are part of the United Kingdom.....part of Great Britian for centuries persay....they use the British pound....so its the conversion rate of the BRITISH pound to the US dollar... moron.

If you aren't going to take the time to write things coherently so people can help you, or bother look up the exchange rate, but have the time to post, you are lazy as well as an embicile, as a result noone should help you.

2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 6:22am
Langside View Drop Down

One strike, language in link 2/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Langside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 3:10am
Ego 05 I used one the other day and they are nice. I saw one go for £500 new with a reloader and 1.1 bottle. So they are quite cheap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 10:16pm
i am srry for you
i dont realy care all that much online but writing reports and other stuff i do use proper grahmer and stuff like that so yea ill probly get bnned for flameing or somethin like that but hey i dont care its the internet not my life
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 10:12pm
Periods and commas. God's gift to writing and to those that read it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 10:10pm
also i dont like angles they are annoying with there air systems some times i am gettin an invert mini the black one and a halo v35 or what ever it is and a black freak barrle   
and when a bored comes out for it i will have that to

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 10:07pm
why must people tell me what is the best stater gun i hve used just about all stater guns from 04 and up the ion sucks pms and dms are good i am looking for a high end to keep up with those that i play with and i have an idea of what i want as i said early i have one 98 and dont want anther one my next tippy will be the a5e if any thing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 9:31pm
Why I haven't seen an ICD suggestion post in a long time (except for Promaster). I almost forgot they even existed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $400 98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 9:30pm
maybe a proto matrix would suit him
<giant sig = bad>
BACK TO THE USSR
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 9:29pm
May I be so [evil?] kind as to suggest a Freestyle? Yes, they can be hard to tech. However, they're light, fast, accurate, and you can find heavily upgrade ones from $200 up to $650.

My suggestion would be a used FS-7, you could probably get one on PbN for about $400-$450, with some upgrades. They're super smooth, and ICD gives awesome tech support.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 9:26pm
Because I felt like recommending something relatively new in the market, just like the Mini is. I'm sure he knows all about the greatness of Timmys.

But I'm tired of trying to think through Tallens online persona...so Tallen tell us what you think with all these replies.

Edited by jerseypaint - 13 February 2007 at 9:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic