buying a speedball gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 1:07am
Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

Originally posted by killerhalo killerhalo wrote:

no there not i have shot one wih the viertue brd it rips why would you say something like that

Talking about my Omen comment?  They are evil's low end gun.

Omen, then Pimp, then Minion.

I did a quick search, about 8 places online, the only place ive seen them still up for sale have them at a rediculous price.  And they listed the Pimp only $25 less than the Minion.  So much for that site...

They arent that great of guns.  People arent going to buy them over an ion.  At one point yes, i was thinking about getting one when they were on sale, but now, i can do better research and say there are better guns out there.

Sure anything with a virtue is going to shoot better.  But instead of using eyes, they use arms(or atleast the ones im thinking of).  People now want the guns with the laser eyes that you can see, not a gun that puts the hopper an inch to the right.

omens are cocker wannabes.  they break down alot, and they are dead technology.  honestly, if you're going for an omen, just get an e1'd cocker.  more upgradeable and reliable.
X
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2007 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by an94 an94 wrote:

dont go with an Angel or any other really high end gun. you are use to woodball guns. high end guns NEED work done to them all the time, or they WILL break down. those 5 guns I just named are good starter speedball guns. and like I said dont get an Angel just yet. they are really great guns "if" you know what your doing... heck if you want you can always get a e-cocker really cheap too. good luck

Do you even know what the heck you're talking about? Most high end markers are virtually maintenance free. Aside from pulling the bolt and lubing the moving parts every 10,000 rounds and throwing in a fresh battery about every 6,000 or so (for most markers) it's easy. The only problems you ever have from a high-end marker are the ones you, as the user, create by f-ing around with the dwell and pulse settings without knowing what you're doing. That said, an e-cocker presents far more maintenance issues, as do electro sear-trippers of all types, than the average high-end electropneumatic marker.

QFT. If anything goes wrong that can't be fixed by lubing or a quick wipe down (i.e blow reg or seleniod) its usually users fault.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2007 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by an94 an94 wrote:

dont go with an Angel or any other really high end gun. you are use to woodball guns. high end guns NEED work done to them all the time, or they WILL break down. those 5 guns I just named are good starter speedball guns. and like I said dont get an Angel just yet. they are really great guns "if" you know what your doing... heck if you want you can always get a e-cocker really cheap too. good luck

Do you even know what the heck you're talking about? Most high end markers are virtually maintenance free. Aside from pulling the bolt and lubing the moving parts every 10,000 rounds and throwing in a fresh battery about every 6,000 or so (for most markers) it's easy. The only problems you ever have from a high-end marker are the ones you, as the user, create by f-ing around with the dwell and pulse settings without knowing what you're doing. That said, an e-cocker presents far more maintenance issues, as do electro sear-trippers of all types, than the average high-end electropneumatic marker.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
an94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2007 at 1:05am
buy a cheap ion, PM5-6, Timmy, shocker, Etek . dont go with an Angel or any other really high end gun. you are use to woodball guns. high end guns NEED work done to them all the time, or they WILL break down. those 5 guns I just named are good starter speedball guns. and like I said dont get an Angel just yet. they are really great guns "if" you know what your doing... heck if you want you can always get a e-cocker really cheap too. good luck
1 paintball gun package=$150
1 case of paint=$50
air & entry fee=$15
lighting up newbies all day long= Priceless
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2007 at 6:39pm
Not sure why your not into the Rail but i just bought one and it seems to be amazing.I originaly thought they were plastic pieces of crap bough i saw one for a really nice price so i picked it up and im impressed.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2007 at 5:26pm

Originally posted by killerhalo killerhalo wrote:

no there not i have shot one wih the viertue brd it rips why would you say something like that

Talking about my Omen comment?  They are evil's low end gun.

Omen, then Pimp, then Minion.

I did a quick search, about 8 places online, the only place ive seen them still up for sale have them at a rediculous price.  And they listed the Pimp only $25 less than the Minion.  So much for that site...

They arent that great of guns.  People arent going to buy them over an ion.  At one point yes, i was thinking about getting one when they were on sale, but now, i can do better research and say there are better guns out there.

Sure anything with a virtue is going to shoot better.  But instead of using eyes, they use arms(or atleast the ones im thinking of).  People now want the guns with the laser eyes that you can see, not a gun that puts the hopper an inch to the right.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Commander_Cool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander_Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 6:06pm
Buy a PM6, since the PM7's came down they are all marked down to 550 dollars.
2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom
killerhalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 4:37pm
no there not i have shot one wih the viertue brd it rips why would you say something like that i have shot a defients also great gun around 700 or less
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 3:42pm

dont go for the omen if your looking at minions.  They are evils low end gun.

How much are you looking to spend?  I like Defiant2s, but with the introduction of the Big 3, they are going to be dropping in price.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 2:51pm
no angles they are good but i dont want one i have offers on pbnation for omens dm4 and minions
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

Look into a DMLCD.

Fixed!
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 7:10am
Look into a used Shocker or Angel. If you want to spend a little less than those, look into a used Ion or DMLCD.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 11:30pm
Used is the way to go my friend. Markers are starting to be like computers, there's no sense in buying this year's model when it'll be half-as-cheap within 6 months to a year.
Langside View Drop Down

One strike, language in link 2/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Langside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 10:47pm
Why not an Ion? You could try and get a used Shocker/DM5 or something like that. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 9:13pm
no never herd of it i was thinking along the lines of evil minion
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 9:10pm
DP Fusion is $350. Is that too high?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 8:37pm
i have been playing woodsball for around a year now never touched speedball i am wanting to get into it have a comp air tank just need a hopper alredy got one in mind dxs puls or a v35halo any tipss on a good but not to expencive speed ball guns i am not buying a spider or ion or the pmr any help is welcom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic