Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

velocity problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
hardball_67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardball_67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 6:30pm

Bruce,

I don't yet speak marker.  I'm trying, just not there yet.

So, is the spring I'm describing the one of which you speak?  If not, what chu talk'n 'bout willis?

Thanks.

Edited by hardball_67 - 16 February 2007 at 6:30pm
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by hardball_67 hardball_67 wrote:

So I'll try the A5 with Co2 tomorrow and see if the fps gets any higher.  If not, it's off for the spring.

Dumb question:  You are refering to the spring with the pin in it that pops out when you remove the back of the marker where the strap ring is right?  Am I looking for one with more spring or less? 

Thanks

The spring that drives the hammer (rear bolt).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardball_67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 5:56pm

So I'll try the A5 with Co2 tomorrow and see if the fps gets any higher.  If not, it's off for the spring.

Dumb question:  You are refering to the spring with the pin in it that pops out when you remove the back of the marker where the strap ring is right?  Am I looking for one with more spring or less? 

Thanks

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Capt.Jonesy Capt.Jonesy wrote:

Originally posted by phil_stl phil_stl wrote:

If you are set on getting better internals the only one that makes a real difference I found was the Rufus Dawg wiked bolt... the Rear Titanium hammer reduces kick very slightly and does increase slightly cycle rate but IDK if it was worth the price tag?

Phil gives good advise, as usual. 

Did you just say what I think you did?

jk...

Capt.Jonesy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt.Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by phil_stl phil_stl wrote:

If you are set on getting better internals the only one that makes a real difference I found was the Rufus Dawg wiked bolt... the Rear Titanium hammer reduces kick very slightly and does increase slightly cycle rate but IDK if it was worth the price tag?

Phil gives good advise, as usual.  But, before buying any bolt upgrades, you should take a look at this thread (from A5OG)!  There may be a better option than the Rufus Dawg

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 1:18am

A5/flatline/egrip/drop forward/compressed air.

I recently added the dropforward and switched from co2 to compressed air.  Now I'm not able to get the fps over 250.  It shoots ok just not as good as it did before the change. 

Any idea????

Spring change is likely the fix. An Apex would be easier to field clean while retaining the same flat trajectory.

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2007 at 6:35pm
The stocks mess with the main spring tension. Take them off and the velocity will jump, more than likely.
Mantyluoto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mantyluoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2007 at 6:28pm
not being a big techie when it comes to A5's, or any other Marker out there really , we have a team of 5 A5's, all with response triggers, Flatlines and shoulder stocks but we cant get 2 of them over 225-230 FPS. apart from that they are all stock markers. recommends please.
michaela2z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaela2z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 8:21pm

Oh man - I have plenty of Co2 tanks...  Do you want to buy any?

You are the first person to ever tell me Co2 would work better in any gun.  I never thought to put one back on and check the fps.  I noticed it and callibrated the gun after adding the dropdown and going to C air.   I'll post the results.

Yeah I generally find my 98 is happier on co2 and because its not the most efficient gun (because it wasn't designed for air) I would also sometimes run out of air before paint or been shot out. So i'd say stick with co2 personally. And just for the general knowledge there are some old guns (one of which is definatly a Tippmann but cant remember or find which one it was) that are designed to run on liquid co2 and need liquid in their system. Also read this http://www.docsmachine.com/tech/liquid.html its pretty interesting. Sorry for going off on one but shows that going to air isnt always the way.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardball_67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 7:50pm

Oh man - I have plenty of Co2 tanks...  Do you want to buy any?

You are the first person to ever tell me Co2 would work better in any gun.  I never thought to put one back on and check the fps.  I noticed it and callibrated the gun after adding the dropdown and going to C air.   I'll post the results.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 7:22pm
I had the same problem when I tried a Flatline on my A5. The velocity went from having to adjust down to 280fps to not being able to break 255 fps. I had a set of Maddmann aftermarket springs on hand and found that the strongest one solved the problem.

If you have a CO2 tank available try using that as well. Some people will disagree with me on this, but it has been my experience that stock Tippmanns seem to work better on CO2.

Edited by Mack - 17 February 2007 at 11:20am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardball_67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 6:15pm

I'm not sure how to tell the output or even if it's an LP or HP???  Did not even know a difference.  The tank is new, it says 3000 PSI and 48 CU on the side but not HP, LP or output.

Thanks again for the info.. 

So far I've had good luck with the A5.  I might try a different barrel other then the flatline.  The extra distance is good but I don't get too many breaks on the long shots and if it windy or the barrel gets a break you're fried.  It would be nice if you could remove is easily during game to clean if you needed to.

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 5:24pm
My first assumption is that your tank is LP, or an HP that isn't quite putting out enough pressure.
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 2:58pm

Flatlines actually work best around 280 fps in my experiences.  Plus springs are only like 8$ you can't go wrong.

Plus your setup looks pretty sweet.  Doing a few cyclone feed upgrades wouldn't be a bad Idea.  I have the vortex the lightening rod and the QEV and wider hoses, it's not a bad idea to do any of them. 

I suggest:

1. Wider hoses & QEV at same time

2. Then Vortex

3. Then if you still have cash Lightening Rod

Oh you could also get a palmers stabalizer!!  They are awesome!

Edited by phil_stl - 12 February 2007 at 2:58pm
paintballinbill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballinbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 12:32am

Thanks for the reply Phil.  Looks like you have your 98 decked out.  Do all the internals really make a difference?  What makes the most difference.

Only a year into the game w/ my two kids.  I like my A5 ok but it seems like every time I add something it's something else to go wrong...???

Enjoy the sport though and don't mind spending a few bills to get an edge. 

do you happen to know the output pressure of the tank? Tippmanns do best around 850 PSI(that's the ouput pressure of CO2). most high pressure, compressed air tanks have an output pressure of 800 or so PSI, but i'm just checking to be sure.

edit: i just saw that you have a flatline...you might just want to keep the velocity where it is. flatlines work best with the velocity 250-275 or so, so maybe it's not worth buying springs for just a few extra feet per second.

Edited by paintballinbill - 12 February 2007 at 12:34am
98 Custom
milled;painted;J&J Ceramic;X-Chamber;R/T;Cyclone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardball_67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2007 at 2:22pm

Thanks for the reply Phil.  Looks like you have your 98 decked out.  Do all the internals really make a difference?  What makes the most difference.

Only a year into the game w/ my two kids.  I like my A5 ok but it seems like every time I add something it's something else to go wrong...???

Enjoy the sport though and don't mind spending a few bills to get an edge. 

phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2007 at 12:40pm
You could get rear hammer spring set.  That should fix the problem.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardball_67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2007 at 7:41am

A5/flatline/egrip/drop forward/compressed air.

I recently added the dropforward and switched from co2 to compressed air.  Now I'm not able to get the fps over 250.  It shoots ok just not as good as it did before the change. 

Any idea????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic