*real pics*Gauss (electromagnetic) pb gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by WGP guy2 WGP guy2 wrote:

Originally posted by FROG MAN FROG MAN wrote:

reading this topic is scary, some ppl have no idea how electricity works.

you cant get electricuted by 20 amps, thats mearly the current flowing through a certain junction, you infact could have any where from 1V-1000V across your hand and where you are grounded to, that infact would have produced a current flowing through you, not even close to a fraction of 20 amps

as for 10k volt circuits shocking you, thats a total load, 600V will cause your muscles to freeze, and higher will cause seriuse damage to your body. (this changes for differnt ppls skin resistance)

theres a bunch more, but im just going to stop.

Yea but you have to remember when explaning things that you aren't on an electric/electronic forum, and you need to keep it simple.  What did you want me to saw, the electromotive force was 10,000 volts?

And yes, it is 10,000 volts.  It is 40 250v, .1 micro farad capacitors.  When I shocked myself it was on the tip of my finger.  I had problems with the wires on the switches moving and completing the circuit, so I didn't know it was charged (thought it was dead) until I got shocked.

EDIT:  I'm not saying 10,000 volts ran threw me finger.  If I can find my multimeter I will tell calculate the resistance of the coil, and be able to tell you how many amps and volts I got.

electromotive force isnt measured in volts either

and ya i was thinking, about the 10KV being to dangerous, its not really, i mean comp air tanks have 3K pressure, bassicly a bomb, as long as the danger is contained

and for that other post that said "since the batterys cant supply enough current, you wont get hurt"

well you gotta remember, its the capacitors supply the current, not the batterys, and even tho those capictors discharge very fast, the peak current, can be very high.

Edited by FROG MAN - 13 March 2007 at 2:19pm
<1 meg sig = bad>
Thatoneguy123 View Drop Down
...Who?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatoneguy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 1:53pm
Put some of them fuel cells or w/e they are in hybrid cars in that thing. :O
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 9:48am
well you obviously didnt get more than 6 milli-amps since you seem to be alive, well and generally alive. since 7 milli-amps at the heart is fatal. voltage doesnt do anything to you, amperage does.

this is because voltage is the electronic version of pressure, voltage forces the amperage through the wires. amperage is what flows.

if you truely have 10,000 volts of electricity charing off 2 9v then your amperage is almost nothing, so your in no danger in my books.

EDIT: also, remeber than childhood game where you drag your socks across the carpet and shock your sibling, well that little bit of static electricity is approximatly 40,000 volts, but is amerpage is too low to measure with even the most precise instruments.

Edited by Black_Shadow - 13 March 2007 at 9:51am
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 6:38am

you cant get electricuted by 20 amps, thats mearly the current flowing through a certain junction, you infact could have any where from 1V-1000V across your hand and where you are grounded to, that infact would have produced a current flowing through you, not even close to a fraction of 20 amps

as for 10k volt circuits shocking you, thats a total load, 600V will cause your muscles to freeze, and higher will cause seriuse damage to your body. (this changes for differnt ppls skin resistance)

Yea but you have to remember when explaning things that you aren't on an electric/electronic forum, and you need to keep it simple.  What did you want me to saw, the electromotive force was 10,000 volts?

And yes, it is 10,000 volts.  It is 40 250v, .1 micro farad capacitors.  When I shocked myself it was on the tip of my finger.  I had problems with the wires on the switches moving and completing the circuit, so I didn't know it was charged (thought it was dead) until I got shocked.

EDIT:  I'm not saying 10,000 volts ran threw me finger.  If I can find my multimeter I will tell calculate the resistance of the coil, and be able to tell you how many amps and volts I got.

Edited by WGP guy2 - 13 March 2007 at 6:45am
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 5:12am

Edited by FROG MAN - 13 March 2007 at 6:06am
<1 meg sig = bad>
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 5:05am
Originally posted by TippmannBro TippmannBro wrote:

10,000 volts flowing through it

where the hell did you go to school?

Actually, with 40 capacitors, 10,000 volts is a very legit number for the voltage going through that system. It just takes a while for those capacitors to charge with only 18 volts as the power supply.

Cool design. That would be a freaking awesome physics/engineering project. I bet you could get a scholarship from some big paintball gun manufacturer for that (if they don't steal the idea and patent it from you first).

do you even know what voltage is? voltage dosn't flow, the statement dosnt even make sense....

Edited by FROG MAN - 13 March 2007 at 5:28am
<1 meg sig = bad>
Strandimal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strandimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 2:31am
Innovative work.  I'm looking forward to seeing the results.
TippmannBro View Drop Down
Enos for Prez.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 12:59am

Actually, with 40 capacitors, 10,000 volts is a very legit number for the voltage going through that system. It just takes a while for those capacitors to charge with only 18 volts as the power supply.

Cool design. That would be a freaking awesome physics/engineering project. I bet you could get a scholarship from some big paintball gun manufacturer for that (if they don't steal the idea and patent it from you first).
WAR EAGLE!!!

FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 12:08am

Edited by FROG MAN - 13 March 2007 at 12:09am
<1 meg sig = bad>
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 12:07am
kool idea, it dosent have to be safe.....just slap some warning lables and it will pass safty lol
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

I want to see it working.

So is the bolt basically in the barrel?

Yes thats correct.  I will try to get a video of it working tommorow afternoon.

Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

OMG protein stain on the sheet. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Ahem, its from spilling gatorade....

EDIT:  oh, the white stuff, no clue what that is I hadn't noticed it before looking at the pic.

Edited by WGP guy2 - 12 March 2007 at 10:52pm
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 10:37pm
OMG protein stain on the sheet. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 10:35pm
I'd think you'd get pretty nasty recoil with a reciprocating mass being used to bring the ball up to speed rather than a propellant.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 10:30pm

I want to see it working.

So is the bolt basically in the barrel?

Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 10:28pm
How fast have you gotten a ball to go?

How did the Evolt work?

EDIT: Nevermind, the evolt compressed air, then forced it down the barrel. I suppose this would be the first gauss paintball gun.

Edited by Monk - 12 March 2007 at 10:35pm
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 10:16pm
So here is a pic I took of my actual device:

Edited by WGP guy2 - 12 March 2007 at 10:17pm
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 7:28pm

Do you know how long it will take for the bolt to reach maximum velosity?  I'd imagine that your initial velocity will be low enough not to break the balls, since you do have them loading directly in front of the bolt.  A soft face would help and work nicely, however.  Also, if you put a groove about 3/4 up the main bolt part - the part where the foward shaft end connects to - you could position the front bolt stop further up requiring a shorter shaft where the rear stopper connects to - less reciprocating(sp.) mass and less power needed.  For clarification - the front stop would be gliding into the front bolt area on its way back, but the grove it fits into would end with about 1/4 of the material left before the ball pushing surface.

DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 7:13pm

black = hot, white = neutral in my case, sry, the only time you put power to white is when running a switch leg from the light to the switch when the feed is in the light or 3 way/4way or something similar, and in that case the wire must be recolored

wire a house and tell the inspector you used black as the neutral

Edited by DsXz - 12 March 2007 at 7:28pm
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 7:08pm
DsXz, I hope you realize that usually the negative (cathode) has the black wire.  And then I hope you also realize that electrons flow from the negative to the positive.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 7:06pm
100 milliamps across the heart will kill you, I should say.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic