Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7’s vs A-5’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7’s vs A-5’s
    Posted: 19 May 2007 at 1:11am
 Well, I have a 98 custom right now and I plan to get either an A-5 or an X7. I've heard different stories about both. Things like "X7's are just for looks" and "A-5's waste Co2" So I want the opinion on the official Tippmann forums. Which is better the X7 or A-5?

Edited by kook - 19 May 2007 at 1:12am
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 1:24am
x7 has a better cyclone and has a low profile hopper.
Commander_Cool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander_Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 4:03am

A-5 is the better buy, most of the cost in the X-7 is cosmetics.

Stock the X-7 is lighter, and has a slightly faster cyclone, but with the money left over from buying the A-5, which is basically the same marker, you could upgrade the cyclone to feed faster than the X-7's, buy some other upgrades, in the end making the A-5 outperfom the X-7 when the same amount of $$$ is invested.

Of course I would suggest looking at other manufacturers other than Tippmann.

2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 11:40am
whats wrong with you? Cant you read? these are the T-I-P-P-M-A-N-N forums.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 5:07pm

Originally posted by Kingtiger Kingtiger wrote:

Are you kidding?

I was going to help you, but I don't think you deserve it.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
kook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Are you kidding?

I was going to help you, but I don't think you deserve it.

err.....I didn't write that. That other guy did
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 2:25pm
its true i said that so dont blame him blame me. o and dont help me if u think i dont deserve it but w/e its not his fault.
paintballer40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 6:53pm
i agree with kingtiger i like tippmann but it would not hurt to look into other companies, if this is ONLY A TIPPMANN fourm than why do other people talk about other guns, who cares get over it
p_p_b_h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p_p_b_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 7:32pm

lol tippman will obviously expect ppl to use other guns, because some people admire other qualities and forget that tippmanns are always top quality, tough, fun and so much more. ( ya im kising tippmans butt....)  the X7 is lighter yet larger. this is going to feel like weilding a sledge hammer that weighs 1pound. lol the a5 in my opinion is better, i think it would be more balanced, as well as a smaller target. if you want the slim hopper, jsut get the 50 ball loader that comes with the a5.  the a5 will also be mroe respected in my opinion, ive seen this kid with a new x7 run from my a5, flat out run from me. same performance, smaller size, and an x7 will give you the rep. that your about milsim/money/intimidation.  the a5 is cheaper and just as baddass if not more, can be decked out as a mislim gun and its intimidating when someone can use it right.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 12:40am

Sorry bout that kook,

A bit of help: The internals the the a5 and x7 are pretty much the same, they are both pretty bad on gas efficiency. The X7 is mainly designed for looks, but the a5 and x7 shoot pretty much the same right out of box except that the X7 is lighter.

It's all up to you and how much you want to spend. The x7 is perfect if you want an ak/g36/m16..., but the a5 is good if you want to either broaden your millsim choices or just not go millsim at all. (if you decide to go millsim with the a5, it would probably cost you more) They are both fantastic markers.

Anything else?

Paintballer40, you are talking about the wrong person

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
paintballer40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 4:41pm
o sorry thought he said it
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 8:25am
i dont know why i posted that except for i was bored out of my skull an sometimes im a little impulsive. srry carl.
Merkurius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merkurius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 5:59pm
Very interesting topic.

I'm exactly in the same situation. I have my old Tippmann Model 98 since like 1999 and it's time for me for some changes. I have few questions...

1. Does a barrel that originally fitted on 98 will also on both a5 and x7 ? I guess not.

2. What about putting the vertical bottle on a5? I mean, does it lower the quantity of CO2 in the gun at a point that it diminushes the fire rate?

3. The cyclone. How is it? A friend of mine had an old Tippmann Factory F/A many years ago, and it totally sucked. Now, how is the new one?

4. Price?! A big difference between them? I'm not so rich so it's an important detail for me...

Thank you very much. I always had Tippmann guns (before my 98, I had a Pro-Lite) and for nothing I would get to another company.

Edited by Merkurius - 27 May 2007 at 6:13pm
www.kanibalz.com
KillerBD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerBD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 8:21pm

I kinda agree with you here. These are Tippmann forums, but it seems like their are more tippmann haters here than tippmann supporters....

Tippmann A-5:
>Tapco CAR stock.
>W.A.S. board, E-grip.
>Spyder Remote Line.
>Smart Parts 20" barrel.
>Other custom mods.
Sgt_Hoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt_Hoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 2:57pm
The X-7 is basicly a A-5 with some improvements and lots of mods to put on it.
A-5 Response
20 oz tank
Flatline barrel
4x100 round pods
Assault vest
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 4:29pm
carl i'm glad you took this one
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 12:09am
I would wait a little for the X7 to drop in price. Right now you're paying big bucks because it's the latest and greatest and they want to make as much money as possible from the people that can't wait to get one. Once the impatient people spend their money and sales begin to decline, they'll drop the price until sales pick up again. For example, look at the A5. It started out at like $400, stayed there for a little, then dropped down to like $240 about a year later (if I remember correctly) when I got mine. Now they go for like $220 I think. The X7 will do the same thing which is why I'm waiting to get mine. Use your 98 for a little longer and save up some money for the X7, that's what I did to get my A5 and it definitely pays off in the end. Also, while the A5 is a good gun, the X7 is much lighter which you might appreciate if you're into scenarios since walking through the woods carrying a gun for hours can wear you down.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
diedonimpact View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diedonimpact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 10:50pm

this has been a very confusing topic to read....

but get the A-5, its more practical (money-wise) unless you really need the looks of the X7, yet ive never been elimated from a game by looks

Edited by diedonimpact - 27 June 2007 at 10:54pm
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 2:44pm

Originally posted by Merkurius Merkurius wrote:

Very interesting topic.

I'm exactly in the same situation. I have my old Tippmann Model 98 since like 1999 and it's time for me for some changes. I have few questions...

1. Does a barrel that originally fitted on 98 will also on both a5 and x7 ? I guess not.

No.

Quote 3. The cyclone. How is it? A friend of mine had an old Tippmann Factory F/A many years ago, and it totally sucked. Now, how is the new one?

The new cyclone isn't wind-up like the F/A.  It is pneumatically operated by the blowback gas.  It works much much better.

Quote 4. Price?! A big difference between them? I'm not so rich so it's an important detail for me...

A-5:  $200   X-7:  $300

Edited by StormyKnight - 28 June 2007 at 2:44pm
Commander_Cool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander_Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 4:35pm

Are you serious? My advice was sound advice. Perhaps you should try other markers besides your tippmann?

2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic