X7’s vs A-5’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7’s vs A-5’s
    Posted: 29 December 2007 at 10:42am
Tallen, About your thread post above, the SL-68II uses the slip thread.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 8:35pm
Dude, the post is long dead. The OP was back in May and the last useful info came out of it over a month ago... don't spam old posts just to say something. If you have a question that is pertinent to the OP, go for it, otherwise, just let it die.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
TJ-AmbushSniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJ-AmbushSniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 8:20pm
the only big difference in my opinion between the X7 and A5 is that the X7 has a lot of weaver rails already on it, i bought a X7 hopper for my A5, same capacity but lower profile, i would get A5.
-Tippmann A-5
Double Trigger
X7 Hopper to replace A5
-Draxxus 48ci 3000psi HPA
-Proto Switch EL Camo

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 11:04pm
triumph uses the same as the 98.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 9:53pm
nope, '98 has very thick threads, very specific to that marker as it uses a stamped clam-shell receiver which needs the extra-thick threads to keep it from stripping out or wobbling.

Thread families in tippmann markers:

Slip Fit:
  • SMG-60
  • SMG-68
  • .68 Special
  • SL-68

Pro-Series Threaded:
  • Pro-Am
  • Pro-Lite
  • Mini-Lite
  • .68 Carbine
  • Pro-Carbine
  • SL-68 II
  • A-5
  • X-7

Thick Thread M98:

• M-98
  • '98 Custom
  • '98 Custom Pro

I'm not sure what threads the Triumph Line use. But I'm sure it's either '98 or Pro-Series.
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 6:18pm
The 98 barrels wont work on a5 or x7 eather?
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 2:35pm
Also you have to watch the shroud on the x7.  my J&J kit wont fit them b/c of the 2 piece setup.  I like both the A5 and X7 and have owned an A5 for 3-4 years now and have never had to replace the internals.  Personally I dont understand how people crack the ratchet or break it but maybe I have just been lucky so far...*knocks on wood*
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 12:46pm
No, it would not. X-7s use Pro-series/A5 threads.
jb-assassin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jb-assassin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Converted1 Converted1 wrote:

I just registered on the tippmann forums but I recently just bought my own tippmann after mouching my friend's A5 everytime we played this summer. I have a compact2000 and an Xtra but I really got tired of them and their lack of range compaired to all my friends' Model 98's so I asked around at work and one of the guys that plays speedball suggested I buy an X7. Honestly I feel like the X7 is a lot lighter than the A5 but that is probably just b/c my friend's A5 has the flatline and it just makes his gun feel really front heavy. But I got my X7 about a month ago and the only thing I ordered it with was the e-trigger. I can't stress this enough but BUY A BIGGER BARREL THE SECOND YOU GET YOUR X7!! The day I got it and played as soon as we finished I went to Micheal's (my favorite local paintball store) and asked him if he had any new barrels. Oddly enough the only barrel that matched the threads and foregrip was for a Spyder...... But it's a perfect match and it works really well so w/e.

Hey man....are you saying Spyder thread barrel is the same of an X-7???

any spyder MR2 barrel thread would fit??

Silent Assassins DELTA FORCE
jb-assassin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jb-assassin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 11:43am

Originally posted by Speedpass12 Speedpass12 wrote:

How is the x7 stock barrell?Is it something that needs replacing right out of box?

Hey man....are you saying Spyder thread barrel is the same of an X-7???

any spyder MR2 barrel thread would fit??

Silent Assassins DELTA FORCE
xXLoganXx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXLoganXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 9:20am

The X7 stock needs to replaced immediately I think. I have a J&J 14" and a flatline. The JJ gives great accuracy and the flatline will give you a distance advantage (hoping the balls break though). Keep in mind.. when shooting with the flatline.. it's all about QUANTITY of balls flying!

My personal opinion about this topic is that they are both good guns. I was introduced to paintball running around with an A5, and I liked it alot. I don't like the way the flatlines look on a A5 even with the shrouds. And if you compare a modded X7 (flatline, rails and accessories) to a modded A5 with the same components, the A5 is heavier and bulkier. BUT.. the RT on the A5 is alot better then the X7 RT. I got a great deal on my X7, and yes most of it is cosmetics! I got a buddy of mine that wouldn't trade his 98C for nothing.. so it's all about what you want.

Speedpass12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedpass12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 7:18pm
How is the x7 stock barrell?Is it something that needs replacing right out of box?
Converted1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Converted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 12:02pm

I just registered on the tippmann forums but I recently just bought my own tippmann after mouching my friend's A5 everytime we played this summer. I have a compact2000 and an Xtra but I really got tired of them and their lack of range compaired to all my friends' Model 98's so I asked around at work and one of the guys that plays speedball suggested I buy an X7. Honestly I feel like the X7 is a lot lighter than the A5 but that is probably just b/c my friend's A5 has the flatline and it just makes his gun feel really front heavy. But I got my X7 about a month ago and the only thing I ordered it with was the e-trigger. I can't stress this enough but BUY A BIGGER BARREL THE SECOND YOU GET YOUR X7!! The day I got it and played as soon as we finished I went to Micheal's (my favorite local paintball store) and asked him if he had any new barrels. Oddly enough the only barrel that matched the threads and foregrip was for a Spyder...... But it's a perfect match and it works really well so w/e.

broken_man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broken_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 3:33pm
The X7 "out of the box" IS slightly better. People are right when they say that you can mod the A5 to be just as good, but you'd end up paying the same if not more doing so. Basically, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You decide for yourself what the hell you want to buy.

I bought the X7 because I wanted the latest gun and there were (for me) some significant upgrades to the X7. I have the e-trigger now and it's blistering fast. You can change the rate of fire and I have mine up to 25bps with a  New Designz Cyclone Feed F6 Tornado Mod. My buddy bought an A5 at the same time with an e-trigger and I'm not sure if you can change rate of fire on those or not. someone else will have to speak for that.

There are always a million different opinions on the subject so you will just have to decide. Go to your local dealer and see if you can hold one.  Maybe even test fire one of them. Just don't sell yourself on someone else's opinion.

d
::SaM::
Sigma9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sigma9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2007 at 8:48pm
Are you sure that the X7 is lighter? The specs at Tippmann.com say that the A5 is lighter. Anyway I have an X7 and I really like it, is realiable, accurate, and I like the look of it, the only bad thing that I can say about it is that is does use alot of Co2 but I hear that the a5 does also.
Age_Of_Death View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Age_Of_Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2007 at 4:28pm
Hi I was wondering how much the A-5 with the flatline barrel costs on average
DevilHunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DevilHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2007 at 11:38pm

id go with the a5, its smaller, not as expensive, and almost identical performance wise

BTW, carl, can i use your sig for other forums? it owns

Once you hear the shot, it's already too late... A5 Sniper
fidai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2007 at 4:36pm
I have both A5 and X7 both of them kinda fully moded , get an x7 with egrip and u wont regret it, the new egrip for x7 makes it very nice with that faster cyclone system on it, u shoot like 20 bps if not more.Me and my brother tested both gun near each other,the x7 (with egrip) and the a5 (with egrip) we could see that the x7 shoots like 5-7 balls ( if not more)faster,not to mention that it looks way netter and lighter, hope this will help u decide :),am gonna post pics and video about it. Sorry for my crap english.

Edited by fidai - 14 July 2007 at 4:38pm
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 5:55am
Yeah, I think the people who say the cyclone wastes air just don't understand it. I've had my A5 and 98 custom for years and notice no significant difference in efficiency between them. The whole idea behind the cyclone says that no gas is wasted too so I don't see why people would bother saying something like that. About the egrip, I heard a lot of bad stuff about the WAS board so I got myself an APE rampage board instead. I just put it in a few hours ago, it's a pretty nice board. The only thing that sucked was that it didn't quite fit into the grip properly. I'm not sure if it's the APE board or if I just got a crappy grip but the capacitor and solenoid didn't want to go all the way into the grooves inside the grip so I had to whip out the dremel. I shaved away some of the plastic so that the parts could sit all the way down, otherwise I would have had to crush them to make the grip close.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
robhortonsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robhortonsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 1:56am
I have an A-5.  I don't think it's a gas hog.  I think thats just hyped up b/c of the cyclone.  X7 is bulkier.  It may be lighter, but seems harder to manage the size.  However, the new egrip looks pretty sweet.  I've had to send my A-5 egrip back 3 times.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic