Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CNN: Tukey Invades Iraq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CNN: Tukey Invades Iraq
    Posted: 06 June 2007 at 12:59pm

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/06/06/turkey.iraq.ap/ind ex.html sort of.

While I support Turkey's right to retaliate against militants, this is looking really bad. I really hope they dont break the only part of Iraq that really seems to like the US and is functional.

Edited by rednekk98 - 06 June 2007 at 1:02pm
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 1:03pm
This can't end well.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 1:09pm
I agree with rednekk on our right to do so, and that it can end pretty badly. My parents know people who've fought and got maimed or killed by these militants, so I support the move all the way unless we get into an unecessary war with Iraq.
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 1:11pm
Omg I totally thought some one was trying to make a joke about an actual turkey invading iraq.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 2:11pm
I blame it all on Tolga.
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 2:51pm
Saw that....can't be good...

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx wrote:

Omg I totally thought some one was trying to make a joke about an actual turkey invading iraq.
I lol'd. I had a mental image of a Huge Turkey taking over.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

Originally posted by xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx wrote:

I lol'd. I had a mental image of a Huge Turkey taking over.

I'm sure nothing will happen.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 5:41pm
Turkey finding an excuse to throw a punch at Kurds?

Gasp. Who would have thought.
AK Andrew View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Rudeness, 11/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AK Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 5:57pm

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Gasp turkey is fighting kurds the food pyramid is going to hell.

wHY ARE YOU READING THIS!
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by AK Andrew AK Andrew wrote:

Hah, that was actually pretty good.

This can end very badly, or actually good.  What if Turkey is productive?

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 6:04pm

No whey!
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 6:17pm

Turkey finding an excuse to throw a punch at Kurds? Gasp. Who would have thought.

Indeed, only thing Turkey Fears more than Pork Juice. Is a Stable Kurdish region just south of them. Making all of their Kurdish Minoroties start to form their own independent states.

I still think if it wasnt because Turkey is a NATO ally we'd had split Iraq 3 Way. Kurd, Sunni and Shiite.
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 6:26pm
The three state solution  for Iraq is one of my favs too...damn Turkey...

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

No whey!
  I was going to give andrew props, but then I saw that. You both got me to LOL

What the hell neighbors does Turkey get along with? They have bad blood with the Greeks, the Kurds, piss off a lot of the Balkan states, and let's not forget the Armernians.

Again, if some militants are lobbing mortars at them from the other side of the border, or attack then retreat across the border I dont have a problem with them returning fire or chasing them. However if the kurds really want to break off from iraq and form their own state, I'd like to see the US be willing to defend it if turkey decides not to tolerate it and invade. Whether or not it would be practical considering the NATO ties is debateable, but I'd really hate to see the one part of the country that resembles a stable, democratic, religiously moderate, pro-american Iraq that Bush had in mind. Also, a Kurdish state would be a nice little payback for not allowing us to open the kind of northern front we wanted to invade Iraq. I'm not sure how that affected the amount of forces we were able to put into iraq compared to what we wanted to do with two fronts, but I suspect we at least had to cut back on armor.

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 8:16pm
We get along fine with greeks, we have Azarbajan, and plenty of other countries. Let's not forget that without a country like ours, a lot of operations in the Middle East by the U.S. and other countries would not have been possible.

I've said this before; the Kurds attacking Turkey to get land is like Mexico attacking the U.S. to get Texas back, only the Kurds never owned a part of Turkey anyway.

In many ways my country parallels the U.S.

Our dislike of the Kurds for the PKK is just like the general dislike of Middle Eastern people in the U.S. for Al-Queda.

We're retaliating against the PKK in soil that doesn't belong to them just like the U.S. did against Al-Queda.

Our people are all for it, yet the rest of the world hates us for it.

The rest of the word had general dislike for both countries anyway.

You guys need to understand that the differences between the countries are what make our moves justifiable.

The PKK terrorists are inside our country. If we don't retaliate, the country WILL remain in danger. It's not like here in the U.S., where we are generally safe from terroristic threats.

The PKK has constantly been killing our soldiers and our innocents. The U.S. invasion of Middle Eastern countries boosted the amounts of suicide bombings and other such terroristic actions in our country.

Turkish government officials know exactly what they're fighting and how to fight them. We're not going after the PKK on the basis of false WMD charges or any other such lies. If we are allowed to act without limits, civilian deaths and distruction of innocents' properties will be minimal if any at all. The shelling was a result of restraining the need to cross the border.

I'm saying all this to put everything in perspective. I'm supportive but with some mixed feelings about the move because of the crap that the U.S. invasion stirred up.

As for Kurdish people in general, they're good people. I've known a Kurd since I was 6 and know him today. Like I said, any hatred of Kurds is as unjustified as U.S. hatred against Middle Easterners.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 10:19pm
I didn't know Tolga was actually from Turkey. Awesome...I guess.

And since we are on the subject of Turkey jokes: I used to honestly think that the country of Hungary would get hungry enough to eat Turkey one day, and that would be the end of world hunger.

I was a rather silly 4 year old.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 10:25pm

Again, any jackass who wants to attack civillian targets deserves to die a slow painful death. As for military targets, I don't care if your political reasons are good or not, expect retaliation. I dont care if you're resisting a nazi occupation, if you try to kill people, they have every right to try to kill you right back.

If the Southwest states were to become totally flooded with people who were culturally Mexican and the majority of them felt that their differences with the rest of the country were irreconcilable, those states should be allowed to leave as long as they pay for it. I'd prefer financial compensation, but if they would rather pay in blood, fine. I dont know enough about the turk/kurd situation to have an opinion as to whether or not the kurdish minority in turkey is alienated enough to warrent their own state in turkey, especially when they have a de-facto state in iraq.

My problem with turkey is their apparent opposition to any kind of kurd state. Thats like saying mexico shouldnt exist because mexican here might want to be part of it.

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

My problem with turkey is their apparent opposition to any kind of kurd state. Thats like saying mexico shouldnt exist because mexican here might want to be part of it.

That's because the Kurds are hell bent on taking a huge chunk out of Turkey to get their own state. They think that all of Turkey belongs to them. Allowing them a foothold anywhere outside of the country, though the right thing to do, will only make it easier for them to attack our land. Those attacks will never end.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

That's because the Kurds are hell bent on taking a huge chunk out of Turkey to get their own state. They think that all of Turkey belongs to them. Allowing them a foothold anywhere outside of the country, though the right thing to do, will only make it easier for them to attack our land. Those attacks will never end.

You speak on behalf of every single Kurd?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic