Newbies guide to HPA/Nitro/Compressed air

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbies guide to HPA/Nitro/Compressed air
    Posted: 05 April 2008 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by gardy90 gardy90 wrote:

so what would it take to convert a stock a-5 to use HPA?

Nothing at all, just make sure you have a high output tank (850 psi, most HPA tanks are) and screw it in.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2008 at 2:11pm
Isn't it about time to lock this thread down?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2008 at 12:14pm
facepalm.jpg
gardy90 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Filter Dodge, 4/14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gardy90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2008 at 12:48am
so what would it take to convert a stock a-5 to use HPA?
"FIRST THERE"

a-5
16" J&J ceramic
polished internals
X7 low profile hopper
costom painted 20 oz tank
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by captpainntball7 captpainntball7 wrote:

dude any of you guys who have time to sit around and write FAQs all day need to get lives..as for me Im goin to work. later

Thank you for that amazing contribution to this discussion.  We can all sleep better at night knowing you have the french fry situation covered.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 2:47am
Originally posted by chaibill chaibill wrote:

I thought it would be better to bump then people don't have to re explain everything in the old threads

Wrong, you need to make a new thread so I can tell you to use the search button before starting new threads. 
chaibill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaibill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 11:21pm
I thought it would be better to bump then people don't have to re explain everything in the old threads
P68
68 carbine
Viper M1
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 10:53pm
Please do not bump threads of this age. If you have a question, make your own thread.
chaibill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaibill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 10:46pm
So would you say all tanks are created equal?  As in material used if it is an aluminum all are the same if it if carbon fiber or if it is fiber glass all about the same quality.  The major differences being the psi and ci.  Also are the tanks wrapped inside and out just curious as to why they are so expensive.  What is a good fiber tank for a viper M1 that I can use with my carbine too.
P68
68 carbine
Viper M1
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 12:56am
i remember Sneaky made a thread about this same topic about a year ago.  This thread has gotten much more flak, surprisingly.
X
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 8:38pm
/thread
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 5:47pm
I may still do that, but I really dont care to.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 5:42pm
No, actually I thought you would have preferred to put it in your own words.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 11:49am
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

[

If I'm going to try, I'm going to do it right.

Then go for it, write your own FAQ.

If. If. If I were to do it, I would not waste my time by getting things wrong. What you're trying to do is like what the American Idol contestants try to do to Simon when he tells them they can't sing: "Well I'll bet you can't sing, so what gives you the right to trash on me?"

Well, sweetheart, I'm not the one making the FAQ. You are. I am not forbidden to criticize it if it is wrong. In this case, blatantly wrong.

Well, honey, I'm not on American Idol, and you're not Simon. See, this is not a contest to get your attention. This entire thread is not about you, nor is it directed tword you. Sure, you have the right to post whatever you may feel like, weather it may be critisizing me, or accually helping new players, (OMG! What a novel idea!) which I am doing.

Now, mind you, my original post is not 100% correct, it has errors. But, is anything perfect? Sure, I have a few minor things incorrect, but it is nothing earth shattering. Its aimed at new players, not someone with a brand new CF 4500 and a DM.

You act like I have never helped anyone before. That's all I ever did before I got sick of all the duplicate questions.

Wrong is wrong. your whole deal about LP tanks and LP guns is misleading at best, and is not a minor error. Integrate (or paraphrase; that would be better) what I said in my first post into that segment, and the whole FAQ will begin to hold water.

I didnt paraphrase, but I just put that entire paragraph in. Do you want a cookie?

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 1:20am
FAQ threads, regardless of quality, are not meant for anyone to ask specific questions in. If you have specific issues, make a new thread.
MetalMilitia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetalMilitia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 1:15am
Nevermind

Edited by MetalMilitia - 11 July 2007 at 1:21am
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 10:19pm
Metalmilitia, make your own thread. You will actually get answers that way. I don't feel like answering your question because you like many noob forumers try to hijack other people's threads.
MetalMilitia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetalMilitia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 9:34pm
Ok guys...I think I am looking at getting a crossfire 68/4500 tank with dead on bullet dropforward (the 5.5"/2.5" one). Does this sound like an adequate combo?

Since I have no practical choice but to order online I've got a few questions.

Will the drop forward replace my stock barrel adapter, or will I mount the barrel adapter onto the drop forward? (I don't see how the latter is possible...unless I use a drop forward adapter for both the grip and the tank adapter...?)

Will the drop forward come with all the necessary screws and such?

If I need a new hose, will macro line fit into the same fittings as the stock steel braided hose?

I'm sure i'll be able to think of a few more later. I've been using Co2 forever and I dont want to screw up the transition.

Edited by MetalMilitia - 10 July 2007 at 9:35pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 7:49pm

[

If I'm going to try, I'm going to do it right.

Then go for it, write your own FAQ.

If. If. If I were to do it, I would not waste my time by getting things wrong. What you're trying to do is like what the American Idol contestants try to do to Simon when he tells them they can't sing: "Well I'll bet you can't sing, so what gives you the right to trash on me?"

Well, sweetheart, I'm not the one making the FAQ. You are. I am not forbidden to criticize it if it is wrong. In this case, blatantly wrong.

Well, honey, I'm not on American Idol, and you're not Simon. See, this is not a contest to get your attention. This entire thread is not about you, nor is it directed tword you. Sure, you have the right to post whatever you may feel like, weather it may be critisizing me, or accually helping new players, (OMG! What a novel idea!) which I am doing.

Now, mind you, my original post is not 100% correct, it has errors. But, is anything perfect? Sure, I have a few minor things incorrect, but it is nothing earth shattering. Its aimed at new players, not someone with a brand new CF 4500 and a DM.

You act like I have never helped anyone before. That's all I ever did before I got sick of all the duplicate questions.

Wrong is wrong. your whole deal about LP tanks and LP guns is misleading at best, and is not a minor error. Integrate (or paraphrase; that would be better) what I said in my first post into that segment, and the whole FAQ will begin to hold water.

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 10 July 2007 at 7:49pm
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 7:16pm

Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

SSOK, hybrid is right, that thing is full of holes.

Then tell me what to do, and I will fix it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic