Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 E-Grip out of control........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2SSB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 E-Grip out of control........
    Posted: 15 August 2007 at 6:30am

Got a problem, A5 E-Grip, put on CO2 and it works fine for a while and then goes all ape on me..... Full auto till the gas runs out or till I close off the gas. Need help to tell me what is wrong?

Edited by 2SSB - 15 August 2007 at 6:31am
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 8:00am
Low air. Fill up the tank. When it is low on air, the hammer doesn't have enough pressure to be pushed all the way back to be cocked again.
Roweazie View Drop Down
strike 2, Inapropiate Picture 10-5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roweazie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 8:50am
first remove the silver pin on your trigger, and see if it would resolve it.
2SSB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2SSB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 5:31am
The tanks is fill when I put it on.....

Edited by 2SSB - 16 August 2007 at 5:36am
2SSB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2SSB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 5:36am
Roweazie what silver pin on the trigger? The armature pin that goes on to the solenoid.......

Edited by 2SSB - 16 August 2007 at 5:38am
Roweazie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roweazie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 7:49am

Notice the metal peice on the back of the trigger, remove that and try it out.

What exactly "all ape on me", anyway?

Edited by Roweazie - 16 August 2007 at 7:52am
jesseat956 View Drop Down
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 3:29pm
if u remove that the trigger still works????
Jason Doering View Drop Down

Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Doering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2007 at 6:31am
ya hows that work cause doesnt the pins are what hold the trigger in place??
Roweazie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roweazie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2007 at 8:17am

BTW, the pin was talking about is called: Slider pin & w/ slider spring.

Originally posted by jesseat956 jesseat956 wrote:

if u remove that the trigger still works????
Yes, and actually better.  It will hold down the trigger switch better.  If you have an E-grip, they dont come with those slider pin & spring.

Originally posted by Jason Doering Jason Doering wrote:

ya hows that work cause doesnt the pins are what hold the trigger in place??
No, Whats holding the trigger are those three pin, from the trigger assembly.  The slider pin & spring, has to do with A-5 sears.  If i'm not mistaken, thats what make the sear or stock A-5 fire.  the armature pin, is the replacement of that slier pin & spring.
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 11:04pm
The slide that he suggested you remove is used in a mechanical trigger setup to push the edge of the sear up which will cause the back end to go down and release the rear bolt. That is what normally fires the gun. When you get an egrip, the solenoid pushes the armature pin into the bottom of the sear where the trigger slide usually does. That's why you don't need it anymore when you go electronic. And, as mentioned, the slide usually interferes with the operation of the egrip so it's best to remove it while you have the egrip installed. If it is still in there, remove it and see if the problem persists.

EDIT: Jason Doering, I don't know what possesses you to write in such a light color but it's a horrible idea, don't do that.

Edited by mod98commando - 20 August 2007 at 11:07pm
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
2SSB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2SSB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 5:43am

Thx to Roweazie and to mod98commando for all the help.

Roweazie "going ape on me" just another word for going out of control........

Meaning when I pull the trigger and then release it again it still carries on firing, it does not stop even after I have released the Trigger. the only way to stop it is to wait for the gas to finish or take of the gas...... 

abacus420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abacus420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 9:25am

Thx man i was flipping out last weekend , i was playing and i would use a tank of air every game, my A-5 was just running on and on.

air was free all day luckly but i still couldnt figure out why this would just run on. Got the double trigger a few days b4 and noone said anything about removing that pin **edited** thx you made my weekend

MY SETUP

TIPPMANN A-5

TIPPMANN FLATLINE BARREL

TIPPMANN  6 POS. ADJ. Stock

TIPPMANN A-5 DOUBLE TRIGGER

Jason Doering View Drop Down

Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Doering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 12:24pm
ok sorry bout the white text...every time i sign on my text likes to switch to white so i have to switch it to black
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic