Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M-98 Build Off!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Well, if it's two categories, one scenario and one speedball, why wouldn't a milsim win?It occurs to me, this is gonna draw a lot of umph away from my TOTM contest.Edit: 8k posts. Woo!
Must have missed that point.

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 25 November 2007 at 11:35pm
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 11:42pm
detrevi, You have no life.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

I assume that anything millsim probably won't win.

Looking for a 98 now, but I think you need to revise rules on trading.

What's to stop someone from getting the best 98 ever and spending zero on it because he traded?

The fact that they'd have to trade a lot of stuff to be able to get that "best 98 ever". If you sell something for cash and buy parts with that cash, it's money. If you're willing to trade up a whole marker of yours for say, an E-bolt, or some really nice regs for the same, that's your loss. The cost/benefit is just silly when it comes to trading away good stuff for something to put into a build-off marker. If you've got a bunch of spare parts hanging around, cool, use them. If you want to trade up good gear for parts, feel free, I'm not going to hold it against you. What I don't want to see is someone with more cash going out and just buying the best of everything to win. Carl, the thing to remember is that it's an internet contest for some prizes I've had offered to me for deep discounts to try and get a lot of interest in this.

The rules stay the same. If you feel like trading away everything you have for some 98 parts, that's your perogative.

DT, I don't think it will draw away too much. This is a '98 only competition and is a build off. TOTM comps usually are made up of currently built markers.

Edited by tallen702 - 25 November 2007 at 11:48pm
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 11:48pm
Allight.

$60-70 seems to be the average for a 98.

Too bad I currently only have $50.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 8:03am
I should be in.  My lady friend could use a nice marker for when she plays, anyhow.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 1:46pm
WTH? 7995 posts? A thread I posted in must have been deleted.

Edit: 7996

Edited by DeTrevni - 26 November 2007 at 1:47pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 4:39pm
Ehh, I noticed yesterday that I needed to pay some attention to the paintjob on my 98 anyway. Might as well plan some other mods and do this. I'll see what I can finish up (cocker project in the works right now) before Jan 1 and do this. I do wish that the last week or two of December was part of the build time, though. A lot of us, working stiffs and college kids alike, have a good bit of free time in late december to devote ot things like this that we don't necessarily have after the first of the year.

Regardless, I'll judge if you still need someone.
+DreX+ View Drop Down

Strike 1-inappropriate image

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote +DreX+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 4:45pm
Count me in...
Anyone got the CADS for NN's supergun???

Naw, I got an ebolt to use up...

and I just picked up a 98c ACT with new style recievers for 12$- all I needed to do was put a ball detent in it!
Insert Fail Here
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 5:20pm
SOunds like fun but I dont have the cash or the machinery needed for half of the stuff I have seen on here.  Good luck to anyone who competes and I look forward to lloking at all the pretty 98s.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
VBHARDCORE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VBHARDCORE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by +DreX+ +DreX+ wrote:

Count me in...
Anyone got the CADS for NN's supergun???

Naw, I got an ebolt to use up...

and I just picked up a 98c ACT with new style recievers for 12$- all I needed to do was put a ball detent in it!

Man that could not have been any better! $12 what a steal! Can't wait to see all the markers!

The one you love to hate
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 7:34pm
Drex, I think I may still have the hard-copy prints on the PC, give me a day to find them.
RealtorTommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealtorTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 8:14pm

Thanks for the intro tallen702....I will not be building in this contest.

to thejudge....I don't think you need alot of cash or machinery....you would be surprised what a dremel,JBweld and a trip to a gun show could build.....

I would like if it's voted on by the judges to put a minimum of four pics and a maximum of six pics of the marker (sized)for the final judging in the rules......the reason is that I have viewed some contests where to many pics swamped the thread....to few to really judge the marker ....

Edited by RealtorTommy - 26 November 2007 at 8:16pm
scrumsguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 8:47pm

^^ agreed ^^

can't wait to see some sweet 98s

I might be inspired to do a loner after the contest is over

Help support the Youth In Asia!

Member Of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

m0k3d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m0k3d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 9:37pm
Im in, But is it fair?
First, I only have 1 thread here about an lpk with a few posts ,but plan to be active here so let me introduce myself. Name is Ryan, 30years old , 3 kids(4,7,15) , full time welder at a ship yard, loved to tinker and customize since way back!! O.K. enough about me lets get to the contest!

I want to be honest and fair! I started my project 3 weeks ago when I bought a brand new 98c and a few hundreds in ups. But If I am reading the rules right,
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

So, to clarify
 You can use pre-existing projects, but you need to snap some pictures along the way showing how you're improving upon it, etc. The idea is to take a near-stock or completely stock marker and build/mod it from there.
Already possessed materials are also allowed and don't count toward the price-cap.
As long as halt work and I dont spend more than $150 between now and Jan 1st? im good right?  If not, oh well.

As for my project can you say "98 Turbo"
I almost everything I need but I  have only  just  finished  the internal polish and custom paint(black/olive, both ultra flat(not camo). But the plan is low pressure, Palmers Fatty, fully upped TechT  cyclone, super R/T, 1/8"I.D.hoses/fittings, so-on and so-on......you get the point. I will probably spend my $150 on that Dye 05 drop w/ rail with the Dye 05 on/off I have been wanting and anything else I can think of. Is it fair? I dont know? My project may not be right for this contest, but it sure is right for me!! Either way its cool! There is always TOTM. I am not looking for a prize just bragging rights and Ill get that anyways Good luck everyone!

Edited by m0k3d - 27 November 2007 at 1:31am
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 12:49am
I found the parts n pieces to my 98c as well, I'll get the dremel going too.
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 1:28am
Originally posted by RealtorTommy RealtorTommy wrote:

to thejudge....I don't think you need alot of cash or machinery....you would be surprised what a dremel,JBweld and a trip to a gun show could build.....

Honestly I dont even have the cash for the custom right now.  I just bought the trilogy and I am trying to pay off a ring I bought.  Plus christmas always puts a squeeze on my budget.  Hopefully after I graduate I can get a lil more gear.  Maybe I will just work on my A5 and Tactical trilogy instead.

Also how do you become a jusge.  If I cant build anything maybe I can help judge them.

Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 5:43am
heh, i'm down.

I'll go pick up an old rental or something.
SRT-4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRT-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 7:59am
Eh, why not, I have a m16 barrel, solid stock, and 98 lying around, might as well work on it. 
RealtorTommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealtorTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 8:03am

well there are some deals out there...I know where one 98 is... the asking price is $55 dollars shipped.....you might make a deal?...........so carl you might be able to step into this on the cheap.....

contact tallon702 about judging....just post here he will answer.......

Edited by RealtorTommy - 27 November 2007 at 10:46pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 10:30am
Originally posted by m0k3d m0k3d wrote:

Im in, But is it fair?First, I only have 1 thread here about an lpk with a few posts ,but plan to be active here so let me introduce myself. Name is Ryan, 30years old , 3 kids(4,7,15) , full time welder at a ship yard, loved to tinker and customize since way back!! O.K. enough about me lets get to the contest! I want to be honest and fair! I started my project 3 weeks ago when I bought a brand new 98c and a few hundreds in ups. But If I am reading the rules right,
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

So, to clarify
You can use pre-existing projects, but you need to snap some
pictures along the way showing how you're improving upon it, etc. The
idea is to take a near-stock or completely stock marker and build/mod
it from there.
Already possessed materials are also allowed and don't count toward the price-cap.
As long as halt work and I dont spend more than $150 between now and Jan 1st? im good right? If not, oh well.As for my project can you say "98 Turbo"I almost everything I need but I have only just finished the internal polish and custom paint(black/olive, both ultra flat(not camo). But the plan is low pressure, Palmers Fatty, fully upped TechT cyclone, super R/T, 1/8"I.D.hoses/fittings, so-on and so-on......you get the point. I will probably spend my $150 on that Dye 05 drop w/ rail with the Dye 05 on/off I have been wanting and anything else I can think of. Is it fair? I dont know? My project may not be right for this contest, but it sure is right for me!! Either way its cool! There is always TOTM. I am not looking for a prize just bragging rights and Ill get that anyways Good luck everyone!

Yep, just halt work until the 1st of January and you're good to go. It's a fairly open competition. We're doing two classes, Milsim/Scenario and Speedball/Rec-Play (non militarized so to speak) Both classes will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places, each category will also have a "most innovative" placement.

I'll update the main post later today to better encompass the rules and the questions that have been asked.

I still need judges guys, if you aren't interested in building, and would like to judge, let me know. Post counts aren't a factor. I'm going by what I and Tommy know of your posts on this and other forums.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic