Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M-98 Build Off!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 10:42am

I'm real tempted to hack more off, but I don't have spare shells if I mess it up too bad.  I just used the drill attachment for the first time on the dremel, man it works good.

Edited by JohnnyCanuck - 27 November 2007 at 10:43am
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
Commander_Cool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander_Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 4:49pm

Okay with the $150 cap,... if you buy a package that contains a gun, but also other gear (through ebay auctions, etc), are you able to deduct the value of the unused gear from your budget (with a judges evaluation), or if you are able to sell the excess equipment, are you then able to deduct that from the amount originally applied to the $150 budget.

Such that in a hypthetical scenario, I buy a gun, a mask, a tank, and a harness for 65 dollars. Obviously the harness, mask, and tank make up some of that cost, and are not going to be used in regards to the build off. If you are than able to sell them for (lets say) 30 dollars,... would you be allowed to deduct that from the 65 dollar amount... making the cost of the marker 35 dollars attributed to the budgeted amount?

2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 8:03pm
Good question there C.C. I'm going to have to confer with the judges on this one. I'll have an answer by tomorrow.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
scrumsguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 8:39pm

I think it should only be deducted if you sell the extra stuff

just my oppinion

Help support the Youth In Asia!

Member Of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

RealtorTommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealtorTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 10:11pm

I will throw my opinion out in the open and let tallen702 confer with the other judges.

This contest is also about honesty and sportsmanship....with this said...I would encourage everyone to look for deals to keep costs down so more contestants(you) can enter.....a 4 axis CNC mill job is not going to impress me anymore than a low buck. why did I not think about that modification(s) marker....also just bolting on something isn't going to work for me either...

There is not a simple way to do a checks and balances on what a contestant buys or trades...so it's your word....if we find out something is not legit, then we will cross that road if it happens.....If you buy something in a lot as described by Ccool I personally do not care about the extra's. If this person wants to keep the extras or sell them they should not be penalized...I would like a just and fair market/deal price declared for the item(s) used ...I really do not want to keep a running list on everyone and make my fingers sore by punching the numbers into a calculator....I really, really don't want to have a rule list three miles long...but even if it's in a grey area...the judges have the final say....just so you know...if that's not ok please don't enter into this contest....

With the sportsmanship...help the fellow contestant....ok aleast to a certain point.....you don't want to help to much...you do want to win, don't you?...but you get my point....if you know where an item or part is that they are looking for or a how-to....help them out....there may be a sportsmanship prize...or maybe not...

I'm working on some prizes....Tallon702 doesn't even know yet..so the pot is sweetened.......Thanks for putting up with this long post......

I don't want to double post so I'll post here....

Tallon702 has updated the rules....please take a second and gloss over them....

Edited by RealtorTommy - 28 November 2007 at 12:51am
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 11:56am
Original Post Updated! Rules clarified, auctions/classifieds direct linked from OP
BenoitOWN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenoitOWN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 7:09pm
ooo the thing I waited for have been received today. Just a tease :P

Edited by BenoitOWN - 28 November 2007 at 7:10pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealtorTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 11:06pm

The yellow rentals have speedball written all over them...

yum, yum yellow.....

Shub View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I don’t have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 12:30am
I'd like to judge too, Tallen, if you are in need of another one.
+DreX+ View Drop Down

Strike 1-inappropriate image

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote +DreX+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 4:49pm
Yeh tallen that would be a great help;
If you need info for transfer, please do a pm :)

Also check ur MCB post
Insert Fail Here
puma1824 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puma1824 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 7:20pm
Can we please have a $151 or more 98 contest?? :)
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 8:20pm
Maybe down the road, but price caps add another challenge to the whole thing.
macgyver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macgyver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 8:26pm

This sounds like a great idea with one of the best platforms to build off of, the 98. Everything seems well thought out so far but I was wondering if the loader and tank count towards the marker being judged and if they count towards the budget? In most cases I would say no because the focus should be on the marker I beleive. However in some cases like a custom made spring fed magazine I would say yes because that is something more creative than a like a revy and should hold some merit. So is the contest about a complete, ready to fire marker, or just marker itself? 

If I can get my own project 98 done, which would not qaulify for this contest at all, before the the start of this build off then im in. I can't stop thinking of ideas haha. Well good luck to everyone and be honest, honorable, and have fun, because in reality that is what paintball is all about.

"My gun shoots ropes so good that i rock climb with it, then when i get to teh top i pwn people snipa style cuz my 21 inch barrel gives me extra distance for headshots." -me but not me
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 8:55pm
Grr, I must decide between an SLG and building a 98.  Tough, tough choice.

Edited by Yomillio - 29 November 2007 at 8:55pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 8:55pm
Just the marker itself, Tanks and loaders are not considered into the price unless you are doing something like welding a spring-fed S/C feed tube to the marker. Anything that changes the composition of the marker itself is what we are looking at. Oh, and for all intents and purposes, the barrel is considered a part of the marker.
goldfishy3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldfishy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 9:38pm

just picked up a m98 off pbn for $50. Cant wait to get started

heres a link to the post as proof

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2456605

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealtorTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 9:53pm
Cool pick up there goldfishy3....you planning speedball or scenario???

Edited by RealtorTommy - 29 November 2007 at 10:46pm
BenoitOWN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenoitOWN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 10:31pm
Gah it you who stoled my 98! xD

m98
04:50 PM NeedForSpeed

Now I need to find another one -.-

Edited by BenoitOWN - 29 November 2007 at 10:35pm
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 10:54pm
there were a few on ebay but they werent BUY IT NOW so really the price could sky rocket.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
goldfishy3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldfishy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 11:26pm

Originally posted by RealtorTommy RealtorTommy wrote:

Cool pick up there goldfishy3....you planning speedball or scenario???

I think im going to do woodsball, but I'll have to look into the cost for both.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic