Alpha Black

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Originally posted by EE EE wrote:

with the Values of the US Army. Such as Honor, Integrety.
EE, you funny man, you.Thanks for making me laugh. I needed it.

My father retired from the US Army. My father is among the best Americans I know. An outstanding citizen. Thou while no Marine it doesnt take away from his character.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

<span style="font-weight: bold;">Woods brought us in to this great sport. But now we need to part  from it.</span>

And that's your Opinion and your entitled to it. recreational Paintball is still the bigger half of the sport. Where you like it or not that's not going to change nor will the opinion of many players.

This marker wasnt designed for the Tournament type played as stated numerous times. So if it doesnt affect you personally why be a malcontent?
tippmannfreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Post, 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:15pm
now i just have to convince the cadre to replace the rubber ducks with these...stx lanes may become un-pointless/rediculous...
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by EE EE wrote:

with the Values of the US Army. Such as Honor, Integrety.

EE, you funny man, you.

Thanks for making me laugh. I needed it.
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by Susan Storm Susan Storm wrote:

Kill me. Kill me now.

Tippmann announces a new gun that will likely lead to expansion of paintball into new markets, and strengthen the Tippmann brand in the process, and you are upset why?

I don't like that the Army is directly involved in marketing a mil-sim gun as a promotion to put their "business" in young people's minds. I worked all last year trying to help put a positive image on paintball, and things like this only make it worse when a news station decides to do an expose on the game.  More than likely, it won't expand the market, only push more new players into non-profitable for local members of the paintball community renegade ball, with less safety.Not to mention the fact that it makes it even easier for a non-player to get his hands on a replica gun and use it for immature behavior like scaring people. Does the news ever care that the person wasn't even a player? No. Just that it was a paintball gun.Shame on the army for this tactic, and shame on Tippmann for stooping to this.
and EE, I don't think it's that we think it's going to turn kids into maniacs. It's more the fact that with the army branding any news coverage, good or bad, will probably mention a gun released in conjunction(though minimal I am sure) with the US army.This is turn will make parents want their kids to play less, because it looks like we are out to do war games and train for the army. The other smaller side of the sport(Tournaments) works hard to stray from the killer mentality.Right now the dude that owns the field I play for is having a hard time getting the town to allow him to expand his field from 5 man to 7 man size so we can practice right because it involves "guns".

If that was the case then as Susan Storm stated there would be no Market for Green Army Men, Toy guns, Toy planes and Tanks. Parrents arent as much Drama Lamma as tourney types when it comes to these things. They know their kids can make educated decitions later on on life.

Toys don't inflict pain on another persons.

Impulse, if Paintball was done by touching some one with paintballs and popping them on them i'd agree. But since you have to Shoot to tag out your oponent then yeah is a sort of combat situation.

If you look at in the sense with mil-sim markers,woods, and full bdu's yeah. But look at NPPL and PSP, I can't see in any way it represents combat. "He's hiding behind the dorito"
 Instead of "ditch,foxhole" etc.

Woods brought us in to this great sport. But now we need to part  from it.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:09pm

Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

Spec Ops isn't an actual military force.

Did anybody tell them?

Lawl. Sometimes it would seem otherwise.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:07pm

What would you call woodsball OTHER than a war game/simulation?

Playing tag with paintballs?

Except that it has nothing in common with tag?

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Kill me. Kill me now.

Tippmann announces a new gun that will likely lead to expansion of paintball into new markets, and strengthen the Tippmann brand in the process, and you are upset why?

I don't like that the Army is directly involved in marketing a mil-sim gun as a promotion to put their "business" in young people's minds. I worked all last year trying to help put a positive image on paintball, and things like this only make it worse when a news station decides to do an expose on the game.  More than likely, it won't expand the market, only push more new players into non-profitable for local members of the paintball community renegade ball, with less safety.Not to mention the fact that it makes it even easier for a non-player to get his hands on a replica gun and use it for immature behavior like scaring people. Does the news ever care that the person wasn't even a player? No. Just that it was a paintball gun.Shame on the army for this tactic, and shame on Tippmann for stooping to this.
and EE, I don't think it's that we think it's going to turn kids into maniacs. It's more the fact that with the army branding any news coverage, good or bad, will probably mention a gun released in conjunction(though minimal I am sure) with the US army.This is turn will make parents want their kids to play less, because it looks like we are out to do war games and train for the army. The other smaller side of the sport(Tournaments) works hard to stray from the killer mentality.Right now the dude that owns the field I play for is having a hard time getting the town to allow him to expand his field from 5 man to 7 man size so we can practice right because it involves "guns".

If that was the case then as Susan Storm stated there would be no Market for Green Army Men, Toy guns, Toy planes and Tanks. Parrents arent as much Drama Lamma as tourney types when it comes to these things. They know their kids can make educated decitions later on on life.

Impulse, if Paintball was done by touching some one with paintballs and popping them on them i'd agree. But since you have to Shoot to tag out your oponent then yeah is a sort of combat situation.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:05pm

Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

Did anybody tell them?

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
Man Bites Dog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
The forumer formely known as TKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

And thats how much different than the X-7 having the Spec Ops logo on it?

jmac3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:59pm

Kill me. Kill me now.

I don't like that the Army is directly involved in marketing a mil-sim gun as a promotion to put their "business" in young people's minds.

I worked all last year trying to help put a positive image on paintball, and things like this only make it worse when a news station decides to do an expose on the game.  More than likely, it won't expand the market, only push more new players into non-profitable for local members of the paintball community renegade ball, with less safety.

Not to mention the fact that it makes it even easier for a non-player to get his hands on a replica gun and use it for immature behavior like scaring people. Does the news ever care that the person wasn't even a player? No. Just that it was a paintball gun.

Shame on the army for this tactic, and shame on Tippmann for stooping to this.

and EE, I don't think it's that we think it's going to turn kids into maniacs. It's more the fact that with the army branding any news coverage, good or bad, will probably mention a gun released in conjunction(though minimal I am sure) with the US army.

This is turn will make parents want their kids to play less, because it looks like we are out to do war games and train for the army. The other smaller side of the sport(Tournaments) works hard to stray from the killer mentality.

Right now the dude that owns the field I play for is having a hard time getting the town to allow him to expand his field from 5 man to 7 man size so we can practice right because it involves "guns".
Que pasa?

impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:59pm

Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

i played on a field in Oklahoma last week where the ref explained to the new kids that paintball was a war simulator, and he got all PO'd when i called him on it. He didn't have an answer to "so what happens when you die here? you get respawned? does that work in real life too?"

That's the "simulator" part.  What would you call woodsball OTHER than a war game/simulation?

Playing tag with paintballs?
Man Bites Dog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
The forumer formely known as TKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:58pm

After all, if it has anything to do with the military, it HAS to be a recruiting and subversion scam right?

If something is designed/endorsed by the Army officially, and is marketed to a youth demographic, it is hard not to think it is for recruiting.

They didn't make America's Army because they thought it would be nice for kids to have a nifty video game.

Please note I am not on the same tract as USAF here. I am not in disagreement with the "direction" it will take paintball. Paintball is not seriouz bizness in my book, so I could care less if more people play outlaw ball. I play outlaw ball. I refuse to give swindling commercial fields a cent of my money. I also think the people who are so against paintball being associated with war games are pretty dumb. It is a game where people shoot stuff at other people, and when they get hit, they are out. The lines shouldn't need to be highlighted for you to see the game is one of combat simulation, no matter how hard you try to see it otherwise.

I also am not trying to stand on a soapbox. I don't think this gun is a ZOMG TRAVESTY.

I think it will probably be a solid entry level gun.

My issue is that it is a bit too connected with the Army for my tastes, and I think that the Army using product marketing is a bit sketchy.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:55pm

i played on a field in Oklahoma last week where the ref explained to the new kids that paintball was a war simulator, and he got all PO'd when i called him on it. He didn't have an answer to "so what happens when you die here? you get respawned? does that work in real life too?"

That's the "simulator" part.  What would you call woodsball OTHER than a war game/simulation?  Just like COD4 and a zillion other video games, paintball allows us to play at war without the messy dying part.

Kids play at war.  Toys 'R' Us have shelves full of Army branded toys.  This is no different.  It is up to the parents to decide what is appropriate for their children.

Edited by Susan Storm - 17 January 2008 at 12:56pm
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:54pm

Kill me. Kill me now.

I don't like that the Army is directly involved in marketing a mil-sim gun as a promotion to put their "business" in young people's minds.

I worked all last year trying to help put a positive image on paintball, and things like this only make it worse when a news station decides to do an expose on the game.  More than likely, it won't expand the market, only push more new players into non-profitable for local members of the paintball community renegade ball, with less safety.

Not to mention the fact that it makes it even easier for a non-player to get his hands on a replica gun and use it for immature behavior like scaring people. Does the news ever care that the person wasn't even a player? No. Just that it was a paintball gun.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:52pm

Breath guys. Its a new paintball marker, little else.

with a fancy little US ARMY tag clearly printed on it.

And thats how much different than the X-7 having the Spec Ops logo on it? I didn't hear much cry-babying over that one. But because its the army, there can't be anything good to come of it right?
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:50pm
Again, you're reading into it too deeply from where I stand.

Tippmann, I doubt, is in league with the Army in a secret master plan to subvert all 14 year old paintball players and con them into joining the military.

Wal*Mart sells camouflage T-shirts,  why not chastise them for promoting the military and believing that they're trying to get kids into wearing these clothes so they can join the army? After all, if it has anything to do with the military, it HAS to be a recruiting and subversion scam right?

Come on man.

As for your problem with delinquents having access to  replica markers, they're gonna use whatever the hell they can get their hands on, whether you're talking about an M4 knockup or a Talon that they dug out of a closet somewhere.

You're essentially demonizing any paintball company who doesn't make flashy metallic paint hoses, and staring down your nose at those of us who like the 'wargame' setting.

Climb off the pedestal and realize that there are many different facets to the game of paintball, and just because a company doesn't cater to yours, doesn't quite make them evil.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:48pm

Kill me. Kill me now.

Ok maybee before you break out the soap box do some reaserch.

The Markers are designed for newer players. Instead of picking up some Walmart sipder they can pick this up. The Marker comes bundled with a DVD and it has web support so that new players can learn paintball with the Values of the US Army. Such as Honor, Integrety. people will play outlaw reguardless of what Marker they use. So your logic is as flawed as to think that because it has Army on the Label that its going to turn the kids into maniacs. After all we all grew up with Army men and Cap guns w/ plastic badges yet no one us became vigilantes.

What gives paintball a Negative Image isnt a Marker line developed with the Army is the ones who Vandalize and the ones who on ESPN or other Major Medial covered events cheat and throw Hissy fits. And even those are so rare now days that it's not even a issue anymore.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:45pm

Breath guys. Its a new paintball marker, little else.

with a fancy little US ARMY tag clearly printed on it. the 98c is an affordable, customizable marker too...I agree with USAF.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:38pm

Kill me. Kill me now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic