Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alpha Black

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alpha Black
    Posted: 17 January 2008 at 11:54am
Alpha Black is the first maker from the Joint US Army and Tippmann Sports venture US Army Paintball. Real all about this affordable Tactical Entry Marker. Alpha Black
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 11:56am
wait...i thought they were just joking about doing that?

edit- its a smart marketing tool since a lot of people want that look, and its cheap...but i guess i just sort of have a problem with the army doing this, it's almost like they're trying to promote paintball as a 'war game'. Seems like a desperate attempt to recruit...i'd like to back up that accusation by pointing out the giant US ARMY logo.

Edited by GI JOES SON - 17 January 2008 at 12:00pm
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:00pm
Kill me. Kill me now.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:01pm
Neato
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:07pm
It ain't got no alibi.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:07pm

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Kill me. Kill me now.

Tippmann announces a new gun that will likely lead to expansion of paintball into new markets, and strengthen the Tippmann brand in the process, and you are upset why?

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:09pm
oh look, another 98 body variant. surprise surprise
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Susan Storm Susan Storm wrote:

Kill me. Kill me now.

Tippmann announces a new gun that will likely lead to expansion of paintball into new markets, and strengthen the Tippmann brand in the process, and you are upset why?

read my first post and thats exactly why. for me anyway
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:25pm

Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

...i guess i just sort of have a problem with the army doing this, it's almost like they're trying to promote paintball as a 'war game'.

Well, duh.

That's the whole point.  And this is bad why?

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
Man Bites Dog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
The forumer formely known as TKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:27pm
Looks like the are reaching out for another youth oriented marketing tool.

I don't like it, for the same reason I refused to play America's Army.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

What did you expect for new players for well under $200. Come one this wasnt marketed for elite tourny masters this is a good reliable market made to get new players and recreational players into the sport.

Tippmann inline bolt system is one of the most reliable in the sport why not use it on a marker that's marketed to get more people into the Sport. Add the DVD and the Web Content and you will have new players with a basic understanding of how to play game. This is a win situation for everyone. The more play the better the Hobby is for everyone.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:35pm
I think some of you are looking far too deeply into it to be honest. The company is putting out a new product. Its got promise in that its affordable, and customizable.

I swear, some of you aren't happy unless you've got something to gripe about, and when there IS nothing, you'll go to great lengths to conjure up baby issues and make them into some earth shattering offense.

Breath guys. Its a new paintball marker, little else.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:38pm

Kill me. Kill me now.

I don't like that the Army is directly involved in marketing a mil-sim gun as a promotion to put their "business" in young people's minds.

I worked all last year trying to help put a positive image on paintball, and things like this only make it worse when a news station decides to do an expose on the game.  More than likely, it won't expand the market, only push more new players into non-profitable for local members of the paintball community renegade ball, with less safety.

Not to mention the fact that it makes it even easier for a non-player to get his hands on a replica gun and use it for immature behavior like scaring people. Does the news ever care that the person wasn't even a player? No. Just that it was a paintball gun.

Shame on the army for this tactic, and shame on Tippmann for stooping to this.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

with a fancy little US ARMY tag clearly printed on it. the 98c is an affordable, customizable marker too...I agree with USAF.

i played on a field in Oklahoma last week where the ref explained to the new kids that paintball was a war simulator, and he got all PO'd when i called him on it. He didn't have an answer to "so what happens when you die here? you get respawned? does that work in real life too?"
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:48pm

Kill me. Kill me now.

I don't like that the Army is directly involved in marketing a mil-sim gun as a promotion to put their "business" in young people's minds. I worked all last year trying to help put a positive image on paintball, and things like this only make it worse when a news station decides to do an expose on the game.  More than likely, it won't expand the market, only push more new players into non-profitable for local members of the paintball community renegade ball, with less safety.Not to mention the fact that it makes it even easier for a non-player to get his hands on a replica gun and use it for immature behavior like scaring people. Does the news ever care that the person wasn't even a player? No. Just that it was a paintball gun.Shame on the army for this tactic, and shame on Tippmann for stooping to this.

Ok maybee before you break out the soap box do some reaserch.

The Markers are designed for newer players. Instead of picking up some Walmart sipder they can pick this up. The Marker comes bundled with a DVD and it has web support so that new players can learn paintball with the Values of the US Army. Such as Honor, Integrety. people will play outlaw reguardless of what Marker they use. So your logic is as flawed as to think that because it has Army on the Label that its going to turn the kids into maniacs. After all we all grew up with Army men and Cap guns w/ plastic badges yet no one us became vigilantes.

What gives paintball a Negative Image isnt a Marker line developed with the Army is the ones who Vandalize and the ones who on ESPN or other Major Medial covered events cheat and throw Hissy fits. And even those are so rare now days that it's not even a issue anymore.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:50pm
Again, you're reading into it too deeply from where I stand.

Tippmann, I doubt, is in league with the Army in a secret master plan to subvert all 14 year old paintball players and con them into joining the military.

Wal*Mart sells camouflage T-shirts,  why not chastise them for promoting the military and believing that they're trying to get kids into wearing these clothes so they can join the army? After all, if it has anything to do with the military, it HAS to be a recruiting and subversion scam right?

Come on man.

As for your problem with delinquents having access to  replica markers, they're gonna use whatever the hell they can get their hands on, whether you're talking about an M4 knockup or a Talon that they dug out of a closet somewhere.

You're essentially demonizing any paintball company who doesn't make flashy metallic paint hoses, and staring down your nose at those of us who like the 'wargame' setting.

Climb off the pedestal and realize that there are many different facets to the game of paintball, and just because a company doesn't cater to yours, doesn't quite make them evil.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:52pm

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

with a fancy little US ARMY tag clearly printed on it.

And thats how much different than the X-7 having the Spec Ops logo on it? I didn't hear much cry-babying over that one. But because its the army, there can't be anything good to come of it right?
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:54pm

Kill me. Kill me now.

I don't like that the Army is directly involved in marketing a mil-sim gun as a promotion to put their "business" in young people's minds.

I worked all last year trying to help put a positive image on paintball, and things like this only make it worse when a news station decides to do an expose on the game.  More than likely, it won't expand the market, only push more new players into non-profitable for local members of the paintball community renegade ball, with less safety.

Not to mention the fact that it makes it even easier for a non-player to get his hands on a replica gun and use it for immature behavior like scaring people. Does the news ever care that the person wasn't even a player? No. Just that it was a paintball gun.

Shame on the army for this tactic, and shame on Tippmann for stooping to this.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:55pm

i played on a field in Oklahoma last week where the ref explained to the new kids that paintball was a war simulator, and he got all PO'd when i called him on it. He didn't have an answer to "so what happens when you die here? you get respawned? does that work in real life too?"

That's the "simulator" part.  What would you call woodsball OTHER than a war game/simulation?  Just like COD4 and a zillion other video games, paintball allows us to play at war without the messy dying part.

Kids play at war.  Toys 'R' Us have shelves full of Army branded toys.  This is no different.  It is up to the parents to decide what is appropriate for their children.

Edited by Susan Storm - 17 January 2008 at 12:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic