Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alpha Black

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
strike 1, 2/20 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourfiftysix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 5:15pm
man i hate it when you people get into a huge debate about something! it takes up like 100000 pages.... you people just go on and on and on.. plz no one mention  "paintball snipers" (ask Ase_of_spades he knows lol)
transform into the ghost rider
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 10:12pm
While it's true that the debates do tend to go on and on, I would estimate that at least 20% of the length of those posts is caused by people who post just to whine about the debate.
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 9:08am
pwnd
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 6:32pm
uber pwnd
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:47pm

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

While it's true that the debates do tend to go on and on, I would estimate that at least 20% of the length of those posts is caused by people who post just to whine about the debate.

Scubasteve223 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scubasteve223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Breath guys. Its a new paintball marker, little else.

with a fancy little US ARMY tag clearly printed on it. the 98c is an affordable, customizable marker too...I agree with USAF.

i played on a field in Oklahoma last week where the ref explained to the new kids that paintball was a war simulator, and he got all PO'd when i called him on it. He didn't have an answer to "so what happens when you die here? you get respawned? does that work in real life too?"

you called him out on what? its a war SIMULATOR...i guess you dont understand... kind of like when I go to fort lewis to shoot at the SIM center...im not shooting real bullets into a screen...which is why they call it a SIMULATOR. when you play a flight SIMULATOR are you actually flying? noooo thats why its call a SIMULATOR...hopefully I got my point across kid
Scubasteve223 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scubasteve223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 8:45pm
lol so many people whinning about a stupid paintball marker and the worlds greatest fighting force...I dont see anyone complaining about GI Joes.....or any game out there that deals with americans fighting force... lol grow up people and just play the game...less crying and more going out
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2008 at 9:15pm
While it IS inappropriate in my eyes to print US ARMY on a paintball gun, there isn't a whole lot we can do about it.

I mean, I don't like it, but I'm not about to start boycotting paintball, or Tippmann for that matter. People just have to be smarter than the damn Army icon on the gun and realize that paintball isn't war. It simulates a combat situation, but is nothing like the real thing. If they want to play paintball and join the army, then let them do it, but I think each person has a basic level of intelligence to know whats what.

That being said though, it's a tough subject because tippmann is such a huge brand to use for new players that most are very impressionable. If my info serves me correct, most people who start playing do so between the ages of 13-16. This is a critical development stage in establishing viewpoints. If they're led to believe the army supports paintball, and war is just like a scenario game, then we have a serious problem.

In most topics like this the matter is to gray to come to a certain conclusion, however it's very easy to sum up:

We may not like it, but it's tippmann's product, and the army spend a lot of money to have their name on something. While it may be a poor and feeble attempt at a marketing ploy (which it is) theres nothing we can do but whine and complain about it. What we have to do is be the bigger people, suck it up, and make sure the youngsters out there know the difference between what is and isn't war.
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 5:08pm
Firstly, you don't respawn in AA, IIRC you die and wait out the end of the turn. That's pretty harsh in the gaming world.You DO come alive again the next time the round starts, but you don't respawn ala BF2 or Quake or whatever.

Simunitions are superior to paintball because it works in "real" guns, keeping them closer to what you use in the field. They are more like real gun than MILES gear, although anything that'll stop a MILES beam will stop a Simunition as well.

I've seen people stand around and do nothing on a soccer field. I've spent hours of my life at fine leg, playing cricket doing nothing more condusive to the game than getting a tan.

Gear defines lots of sports. Lookit the new high tech fibers they are using in rugby jersy's to make them slicker and harder to tackle. Lookit all the different types of golf clubs, cricket bats, hockey sticks, makes of ski's, running shoes, soccer boots and a million and one other pieces of gear.

Paintball it obviously a sport. It is played with a competative goal in mind, and it takes physical exertion.

A game is something that can be played sitting at a table. Chess, Dominos, poker, Call of Duty 4. These are all games.

I might grant you that it is just a hobby for most of us though.

US Army helping make markers? Whats wrong with that? If anyone is so weak minded that they choose a career on which symbol is on a marker, well those are the sort of people that fall for choosing a school based on which one gives free Pizza. Seriously.

Besides, what's WRONG with people choosing the military as a way of life? We all make decisions based on what we are exposed to. If someone does play with an Army maker and decides that's what they wanna do, is this any worse than someone playing with a Warpig and deciding they want to go into Airsmithing?

I became an air traffic controller because I got exposed to it in my flying career. I decided flying commercial airliners was for people without imagination. Is this true? Probably not. But it's a decision I've come to over the years based on my experiences.

I'd have loved an M16 style paintball gun. Why? Because I like guns. I like playing soldier and pretend warmaking. I liked playing cops and robbers. I liked playing with water pistols. I liked playing with cap guns, I liked playing with LaserQuest. I loved playing with paintball guns at the local woods field. I love shooting real M16's. I'm not going to join the military though. I just don't have the personality for it.That and I only found out about FAC's after it was too late :)

Having an M16 style paintball gun that's ENDORSED by the US Army would make any wannabe woods baller-cammo wearing-wargame playing player happy. Especially as most mil-sim guys build themselves look alikes anyway.

It's like Airsoft, but less geeky.

I'd say it would have been WAY cool when I was 16. Now it's just a viable alternative to spending hundred building my own one.

KBK
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 6:49pm
^yep. that pretty much says it.
T RAV29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T RAV29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:45pm
lol u bumped up this thread to say yeh that sums it up, well at least people will start posting in it now lol
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 4:41pm

Originally posted by T RAV29 T RAV29 wrote:

lol u bumped up this thread to say yeh that sums it up, well at least people will start posting in it now lol

isent this a sticky topic tho, no bumping required lol

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 3:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic