Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alpha Black

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I hate to do this in public

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlimFlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 3:05pm

Why is it the US military's marketing campaign is so much more nefarious than the other 1000+ marketing campaigns that kids and adults alike view every week?

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 3:10pm
My only gripe with it is it's ugliness.
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 3:11pm

Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

oh look, another 98 body variant. surprise surprise

haha i was gunna say the same thing

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by FlimFlam FlimFlam wrote:

Why is it the US military's marketing campaign is so much more nefarious than the other 1000+ marketing campaigns that kids and adults alike view every week?

You don't get shot at for buying into a Mountain Dew commercial?
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

edit-thats a of an officer. i would've given them a swift kick in the ass.

And after the rest of them would had finished beating you down you would have realized that the best kind of Leadership is 'Lead by Example' I never asked my guys to do anything that I wouldnt do myself. Where it was picking up trash with them to scrubbing the common area bathrooms. You be surpriced how much you can get done with Team Work and Respect.

There are bad apples in everybunch. Even the Corps we had an NCO kill a Lance Corpoal that was having his child to hide a sexual assault charge. While we can concentrate in a few bad apples I can find everyday Thousands of exaples of bravery and dedication to one's country and acts of selflesness.

These Virtues are not only common to men in the Armed Forces but a Human trait that I wish was exercized more often.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

No but lead kids to belive that Drinking MtDew makes them Extreme Sportsmen that they can do Extreme Jumps on BMX bikes. Falling off a Halfpipe and getting hit a paintball ... I'll take the paintball hit.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

No but lead kids to belive that Drinking MtDew makes them Extreme Sportsmen that they can do Extreme Jumps on BMX bikes. Falling off a Halfpipe and getting hit a paintball ... I'll take the paintball hit.

I don't know how to put it in any different kind of perspective/english for you.

Marketing:
Mountain= Extreme Sports
Army= Supreme Action pumped up safety

Action:
Mountain Dew= Soda
Army= Getting shot at
Paintball= Paintball?

You can't take the Marketing idea from Mountain Dew, and then compare it to the actual action of the Army vs Paintball.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 3:33pm

I don't know how to put it in any different kind of perspective/english for you.Marketing:Mountain= Extreme SportsArmy= Supreme Action pumped up safetyAction:Mountain Dew= SodaArmy= Getting shot atPaintball= Paintball?You can't take the Marketing idea from Mountain Dew, and then compare it to the actual action of the Army vs Paintball.

I understand but the Armed Forces isnt all "Getting Shot at" I dont know if you know but we have an all Volunteer Armed forces. when you Enlist you get to choose the MOS Military Occupation Field that you want. there is no current Draft.

While I choose the Combat Arms of the United States Marine Corps I had friends who had other MOS and never deployed nor are in any more harm that you are as an American. Look at Snake ask him when was the last time he was "Shot at"
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 3:41pm

I don't know how to put it in any different kind of perspective/english for you.Marketing:Mountain= Extreme SportsArmy= Supreme Action pumped up safetyAction:Mountain Dew= SodaArmy= Getting shot atPaintball= Paintball?You can't take the Marketing idea from Mountain Dew, and then compare it to the actual action of the Army vs Paintball.

I understand but the Armed Forces isnt all "Getting Shot at" I dont know if you know but we have an all Volunteer Armed forces. when you Enlist you get to choose the MOS Military Occupation Field that you want. there is no current Draft.

Snake got stationed at a non-deployable position.  Choosing an MOS is a joke now, as they can do whatever they want after you sign your papers.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 3:46pm

Snake got stationed at a non-deployable position.  Choosing an MOS is a joke now, as they can do whatever they want after you sign your papers.

Actually no they can't. only if you go on an 'Open' contract. Please come back when you have some facts to back up what your saying.

The only thing they have control for what duty station you have and there are Hundreds of Thousands Servive men that are in Non Deployable Positions or deployed in rear garrison areas.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 3:56pm

Actually no they can't. only if you go on an 'Open' contract. Please come back when you have some facts to back up what your saying.

The only thing they have control for what duty station you have and there are Hundreds of Thousands Servive men that are in Non Deployable Positions or deployed in rear garrison areas.

You know what, you're right. I pulled that out of my ass. I never went and talked to recruiters in high school, or took JROTC for 4 years.  Damn you're insightful.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

I don't like it, for the same reason I refused to play America's Army.

Or that it was a crappy game...

You certainly don't, you get http:/www.ionizers.org/soft-drinks.html

It looks quite nice I must say. There a couple things that I would have liked to see on an all m16 style marker but it looks pretty good. Any clue on the upgradability or is this going to go the way of the triumph?

GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 4:03pm

Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

edit-thats a of an officer. i would've given them a swift kick in the ass.

And after the rest of them would had finished beating you down you would have realized that the best kind of Leadership is 'Lead by Example' I never asked my guys to do anything that I wouldnt do myself. Where it was picking up trash with them to scrubbing the common area bathrooms. You be surpriced how much you can get done with Team Work and Respect.

There are bad apples in everybunch. Even the Corps we had an NCO kill a Lance Corpoal that was having his child to hide a sexual assault charge. While we can concentrate in a few bad apples I can find everyday Thousands of exaples of bravery and dedication to one's country and acts of selflesness.

These Virtues are not only common to men in the Armed Forces but a Human trait that I wish was exercized more often.

i agree with lead by example, but if your doing it and they still refuse, that's when you have to get tougher about it. i dont necessarily mean beat the crap out of them, or hit them. swift kick in the ass isn't exactly the action to take, i'll agree i was wrong on that. but if your running a platoon and one squad doesn't want to do jack, and i have to delegate the work to the other squads, those troops in the remaining 3 squads are going to be pretty PO'd. as for the useless bunch, i guess they would have to just get a negative report and sleep with one eye open in the barracks
FlimFlam View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I hate to do this in public

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlimFlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 4:31pm

I don't know how to put it in any different kind of perspective/english for you.

Marketing:
Mountain= Extreme Sports

Action:
Mountain Dew= Soda
Army= Getting shot at
Paintball= Paintball?

You can't take the Marketing idea from Mountain Dew, and then compare it to the actual action of the Army vs Paintball.

Well, motor vehicles kill a lot people every year too.  We should probably stop advertising them as well...

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 5:14pm

Marketing:
Mountain= Extreme Sports

Action:
Mountain Dew= Soda
Army= Getting shot at
Paintball= Paintball?

Well, motor vehicles kill a lot people every year too.  We should probably stop advertising them as well...

Well there's a perfect correlation.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 5:36pm
Wow, the random comments comparing Mountain Dew and Motor vehicles to this are ridiculous.

Edited by jmac3 - 17 January 2008 at 5:37pm
Que pasa?

PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 5:42pm

autofail
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 6:06pm

EE, I have to agree with USAF on this one.

I originally signed up to be a 2111 Armorer, the day I shipped to boot I was told I wasn't going to be an armorer, I was going to be a combat engineer. When I graduated MCT I was told I was going to this hellhole to be a Heavy Equipment Operator, and then I was told I was going to be stationed at Lejiune. I'm still here, and I working on computers now because thats where the corps needs me. The corps is going to put you where they need you.
mamasboi View Drop Down
Strike 1, FIlter dodge, 7/23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 7:41pm
well at least its better that the triumph
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 1:10am
Better that the Triumph what?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic