Alpha Black

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Susan Storm Susan Storm wrote:

lol @ comparing "professional paintball" to actual pro sports...

oh you did not just go there

and the reason alot of people hate this is because it will feed into the steryotype that us paintballs are playing pretend war when we play for the same reason that other people play football, baseball, basketball

Edited by a5Tpp789 - 26 January 2008 at 9:19pm
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 10:55am

Originally posted by Brian Fellows Brian Fellows wrote:

. . . Mack's like 75.

Hey, I have quite a few years before I get to that age thank you! 

(Not as many as I would like though.)

Originally posted by scrumsguy scrumsguy wrote:

I'm gonna pour coke on my cerial

Apple juice is good on granola type cereals.

scrumsguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

I don't like it, for the same reason I refused to play America's Army.

Or that it was a crappy game...

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by FlimFlam FlimFlam wrote:

Why is it the US military's marketing campaign is so much more nefarious than the other 1000+ marketing campaigns that kids and adults alike view every week?

You don't get shot at for buying into a Mountain Dew commercial?

You certainly don't, you get http:/www.ionizers.org/soft-drinks.html

It looks quite nice I must say. There a couple things that I would have liked to see on an all m16 style marker but it looks pretty good. Any clue on the upgradability or is this going to go the way of the triumph?

LOL

"Soft drinks have replaced milk in the diets of many American children as well as adults. School purchases reflect such trends. From 1985 to 1997, school districts decreased the amounts of milk they bought by nearly 30? and increased their purchases of carbonated sodas."

I'm gonna pour coke on my cerial

Help support the Youth In Asia!

Member Of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Xscout Xscout wrote:

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Translates to:  I believe everything I read on the internet.

Translates to: Cop-out without a response available that requires thought or reading skills.  Try again son. 

Nice way to get a post count, though.

Son?  Haha, you have to be joking.  Mack's like 75.
Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 5:28pm

this over-feminine culture...

I need a good laugh. Elaborate this point please.

http://www.worldandi.com/public/2001/October/sax.html

And of course there's http://www.google.com

And what is wrong with a little femininity?

(But I did enjoy the random mix of science and speculation in the quasi-linked article)

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

Woods brought us in to this great sport. But now we need to part from it.

Because tournament players provide such outstanding role models.

Along with all other professional sports.......

lol @ comparing "professional paintball" to actual pro sports...

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
Xscout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 4:49pm

Translates to: Cop-out without a response available that requires thought or reading skills.  Try again son. 

Nice way to get a post count, though.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 3:26pm
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by PlentifulBalls PlentifulBalls wrote:

Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

wait...i thought they were just joking about doing that?edit- its a smart marketing tool since a lot of people want that look, and its cheap...but i guess i just sort of have a problem with the army doing this, it's almost like they're trying to promote paintball as a 'war game'. Seems like a desperate attempt to recruit...i'd like to back up that accusation by pointing out the giant US ARMY logo.

It's not a war game?

Then what the hell have I been doing at scenario's?

Giving tourney players something to complain about.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 11:12am

Xscout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 10:01am

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 9:44pm

wait...i thought they were just joking about doing that?edit- its a smart marketing tool since a lot of people want that look, and its cheap...but i guess i just sort of have a problem with the army doing this, it's almost like they're trying to promote paintball as a 'war game'. Seems like a desperate attempt to recruit...i'd like to back up that accusation by pointing out the giant US ARMY logo.

It's not a war game?

Playing tag, with Military based equipment.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 9:56am

It's not a war game?

PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 9:44pm

It's not a war game?

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

i would try it, but i don't know if i'll like it. it looks uncomfortable. i could be wrong.
that's what she said.

Actually, it is what she said; in the post directly above yours.*

*Much nicer than the first smart-ass reply I thought of.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

i would try it, but i don't know if i'll like it. it looks uncomfortable. i could be wrong.
that's what she said.
X
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 4:14am
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 2:40am
Well, Im going to be honest, I didnt read every page.

But personaly I think they look kinda ugly. If anything the Army should have endorsed the x7, I mean, the x7 seems more upgradeable.

Also, I dont feel that it looks very much like an AR anyway. Cocking and overall looks just doesnt seem the same to me.

The inline bolt system if the staple of Tippmann, but instead of gimmicks like this, they should be working on an even less expensive versions of the Triumph. That was a very good idea, that they should have expanded. They should also spend more time on the propane marker.

Then again, I am not Tippmann, I do not know if they are working on those things. I dont even know if sales are slumping due to an extreme lack of innovation in the last couple of years. For all I know they could be doing better than before. If thats the case, then kudos to them.
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 10:31pm

Along with all other professional sports.......
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 6:08pm

You obviously DON'T play paintball like you say you do. I've seen more blatent cheating in woodsball games than I have in tournaments, and JUST as many if not more hissy fits by older pople who think they're being cheated.

The difference is that the actions of the aforementioned folks are not broadcast by the media to a mass audience, justified as just part of the game, and glorified by their fans.

Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Choosing an MOS is a joke now, as they can do whatever they want after you sign your papers.

Actually no they can't. only if you go on an 'Open' contract. Please come back when you have some facts to back up what your saying.

You know what, you're right. I pulled that out of my ass. I never went and talked to recruiters in high school, or took JROTC for 4 years.  Damn you're insightful.

Not sure whether that was sarcasm or not, but EE is correct.  Anyone who goes in with a guaranteed job has the right to be discharged if the service branch involved can’t put them in that job or find an acceptable substitute.  Essentially, if the military fails to fulfill their part of the bargain, they are in breech of contract.  (Note: Don’t take the recruiter’s word for what is in the contract; read it before signing.)  Will there be pressure applied to get the recruit to stay in and do something else?  Certainly.  However, if someone is so weak-willed as to succumb to such pressure then they probably need to be someplace where there is always someone to tell them what to do.

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

The Army's job is to kill people in the name of America, not entertain children. I'm sure they're not doing this as community service either.

They’re combining the two.  Win/win.

Is this a form of marketing the Army.  Duh. Yes it is. But I view this like I view any other form of marketing that might be aimed at anyone.  If they’re 18 or older, it’s their decision.  If they’re not, then hopefully they’re parents raised them to be discerning decision makers and with the values they intended for the children to have.  If they didn’t, then that’s on the parents.

Off-topic but related observation:  This is just like the government getting involved in video games and the internet to protect children.  The parents who are so worried should try taking responsibility (instead of abrogating it to the government) and do some actual parenting. 

Parenting Scenario:

“I don’t want my son to join the Army and am afraid that this marker and website will con him into doing so.  Oh whatever shall I do?”

Hmmm, how about not buying or allowing the purchase of that specific marker if it bugs you so much.

What if, rather than The Army using paintball to attract recruits, Tippmann is using the Army to attract customers?

Those children of unwed mothers!

I just visited the website for this marker.  Must . . . join . . . Army . . . now.

Puh-leeeese.  Are the people who are so worried about the armed forces marketing potential here really so gullible that they worry about falling for it themselves?  Do they have such a lack of respect for their peers that they expect this marker to cause droves of mindless teen-zombies to mob recruiting stations?  Do they fear the idea of military service so much that they do not want the idea shared with anyone?  (The last sounds kind of mind-controlling and totalitarian to me.  Something along the lines of “I disagree with this idea so no one must be exposed to it and allowed to make up their own mind.)

Edited Note:  Saw the following from Susan and had to respond:

Originally posted by Susan Storm Susan Storm wrote:

Short of telling outright lies (of which I disapprove) I don't see how pizza-based college recruiting is different than your average first date.

Recruiter's lie.

Edited by Mack - 20 January 2008 at 10:29am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic