Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i made a ghillie suit.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notom66866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 1:15pm
Are you sure? I read somewhere that he was a sniper in Vietnam. Maybe it was Korea.
carguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 1:35pm

wow, what a fire storm. the way i see it sniper=range. real guns, you have a HUGE variety of range, ammo, scopes etc.

we are all playing make believe with little balls of paint, using some air, therefore no one player is at much of an advantage when range is the deciding factor. i have the deffinition of sniper listed below. paintball players can at best meet about 1/2 of that, (on a good day).

A sniper is an infantry combatant or serviceman (e.g. police officer) who specializes in shooting from a concealed position over longer ranges than regular infantry, often with a specially designed or adapted sniper rifle. A sniper requires skill in marksmanship, camouflage, and field craft. Military snipers are also adept at carrying out methods of infiltration, reconnaissance, and observation techniques.

I started all this with a post about a ghilli suit. my goal, was to be less seen, and have a new way to play. for all you Jr. Tom Beringers who wish to be real snipers, keep dreaming.

SPEAD GUN YOUR FACE!!
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 5:40pm

Originally posted by notom66866 notom66866 wrote:

Did you know that Mr. Rogers was a sniper in Vietnam.

Not.

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/mrrogers.asp 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 5:44pm

Are you sure? I read somewhere that he was a sniper in Vietnam. Maybe it was Korea.

Fred Rogers went directly to college after high school.  He got a job right out of college.  There are no gaps in his education or employment that would account for military service. 

ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 11:26am
Originally posted by carguy carguy wrote:

I started all this with a post about a ghilli suit. my goal, was to be less seen, and have a new way to play. for all you Jr. Tom Beringers who wish to be real snipers, keep dreaming.

I wish to be a real sniper?  Then apparently the last 4 years of my life after Marine Corps Sniper School were all just one big dream.

You "goal" of playing to be less seen is just using basic infantry tactics and lying in ambush.  You're wanting to play with tactics, and not run and gun.  Good for you.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
carguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 2:00pm
point in case. real snipers, go to the real military, for real training.
SPEAD GUN YOUR FACE!!
notom66866 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notom66866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 2:11pm
MY bad about Mr. Rogers. I did read it somewhere though. O well thanks for the re-education. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 4:07pm

MY bad about Mr. Rogers. I did read it somewhere though. O well thanks for the re-education. 

Don't worry about it.  You can always dig around and find out how Captain Kangaroo and Lee Marvin served together in the Marine Corps and helped take Iwo Jima. 

notom66866 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notom66866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 4:38pm
Did Mr. Green Jeans help?
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 11:12pm
I think Wolverine was in on the Iwo Jima assault too, wasn't he?  Or was Wolvie still helping Captain America at that point?
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 8:01am

Did Mr. Green Jeans help?

Nah, he just fathered Frank Zappa.

sniper_woods_94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniper_woods_94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by carguy carguy wrote:

the ghillie suit encourages my patience. that was the point. i am usually all run and gun, but i don't last long. fogging? i used a $5 insert in my googles to aleviate that issue. the suit makes me slow down, and pick my shots. and who said anything about crawling? you can move in the suit, you can kneel in it, i basically move very similiarly in the suit as i do without it, but i just make all of my moves deliberate. and generally i only wear the suit the first game, and maybe only half of it. once i am seen then the suit is worthless. but i can easily take it off. then the next game i can set the suit up in plan site and watch the other team shoot at it. kinda like the un-official 6th man. obviosuly you guys hate these suits, and have invisioned some sniper wanna be, thats NOT at all what i am trying to portray, but think what you want, thats fine. i just thought about making this, i did it on the cheap, and i have found it to be a lot of fun. 

I really like the idea and personally want a suit
98 Custom
BT Commando Stock

Crosman Red Dot Sight

A-5
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 10:51pm
Normally if a thread goes over six months without a post it is an indication that it is deceased and it is considered poor form to resurrect it.  Especially for the equivalent of "oh, I agree too."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic