Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A SOLUTION to A PRobLem (overheating)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhatch007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A SOLUTION to A PRobLem (overheating)
    Posted: 18 April 2008 at 5:56pm

So. i hear a lot of talk about an auto propane marker... heat sinks... water cooling... or that it won't even happen.

well ya know what... it kind of hit me when playing my ps3.   

---if there is any solution that is a good idea to fix the overheating problem in an auto propane marker.... first of all... yes it can get hot fast... but auto is the way to go to get this type of fuel moving in the game. How about you take the gun... like normal... set it up auto... but *set it up with a standard souped up e-grip*... Attach an electronic monitoring thermometer to the combustion chamber and have that monitor the temperature. That way you can use the auto advantage on a propane gun in short quick bursts... let it cool down with a normal cold air heat sink... and keep playing... it wouldn't be that difficult... make it with a visual notification panel on the side to let you know when it gets a little hot for strategy in controlling your bursts.

ANYWAYs. i just thought i'd just throw this out there because i am sick of trying to look on the internet for an auto propane gun and finding out there are too many problems... Ok... fine.. build it this way...keep your durability just with these few adjustments. I wouldn't care that my after a few quick shots my gun got warm and i had to hunker down in a ditch for 4 seconds till it cooled... and i'm sure there are a hundred people on here to agree. that would actually throw a whole lot of gaming strategy and a unique twist into paintball... by no means would it go for speedball but i'm more of a woodsball type of guy anyways...

so if you have any troubles thinking of ideas... go play video games.

thanks for your time....

-CANOLA

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 7:28pm
Its not that simple. There are many other factors to consider, such as lawsuits for when some moron touches the heatsink and burns himself.

Plus how are you going to move air over this heatsink quickly enough to dissipate all this heat? You sure as hell can't mount a 120mm fan on a paintball marker...
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 8:52pm
You can't trust people to hold back until it cools off.

Lawsuits ahoy!

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 11:00pm
You also have combustion problems, trying to clear the chamber of exhaust too fast, it would bring the fuel/air mix down, and result in misfires.

Only solution would be to put a gigantic ram on to make the C3 autococking, and then you ave a kick problem.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

You also have combustion problems, trying to clear the chamber of exhaust too fast, it would bring the fuel/air mix down, and result in misfires.Only solution would be to put a gigantic ram on to make the C3 autococking, and then you ave a kick problem.
Or make a radial c3 with multiple firing chambers revolving inside a drum.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 2:00am
Originally posted by jhatch007 jhatch007 wrote:

*set it up with a standard souped up e-grip*

Oxymoron of the day.

Quote Attach an electronic monitoring thermometer to the combustion chamber and have that monitor the temperature.

The extra electonics would add expense to the marker to the point where it would outweigh the value.

Quote That way you can use the auto advantage on a propane gun in short quick bursts... let it cool down with a normal cold air heat sink...

First off, passive heatsinks aren't going to do the job, not in the timespan you're thinking of.  They would add bulk, weight and again unnecessary expense.

Quote it wouldn't be that difficult...

Then by all means, please use your vast knowledge in engineering and make your own Propane marker.  You obviously know more than a company like Tippmann who've been making paintball markers for the last 22 years and actual firearms years before that. 

Quote so if you have any troubles thinking of ideas... go play video games.

No thanks.  You pretty much covered the ideas inspired by your PS3. 

Quote thanks for your time....

Yeah, I won't be getting those couple of minutes back... 

Edited by StormyKnight - 19 April 2008 at 2:01am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 7:14pm
/\ I wouldn't have said it that way (too jerky) but agreed.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 7:45pm

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

/\ I wouldn't have said it that way (too jerky) but agreed.

Sorry.  Rough week at home. 

t_hop View Drop Down
Streike 1, 5/16 filter dodge/inapp. link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 10:50pm

haha i like the multiple firing chambers revolving inside a drum. that would be amazingly funny, cool, and scary all at the same time

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 10:57pm
I never had a heat issue with my C-3. Nor the MFM3K.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 4:07am
Instead of heatsinks on a propane semi, put a grill on it.  Slap a sirloin on it just before play.  The meat will absorb the heat generated by the marker.  Just remember to flip the steak between games.  At the end of the day, you'll have something to eat!

Edited by StormyKnight - 06 May 2008 at 4:07am
paintballa43708 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballa43708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 6:18am
^^^^^^ good idea
Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 10:07am
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Instead of heatsinks on a propane semi, put a grill on it.  Slap a sirloin on it just before play.  The meat will absorb the heat generated by the marker.  Just remember to flip the steak between games.  At the end of the day, you'll have something to eat!

Referee:  "Buddy I've had three complaints today about you overshooting."

Player:  "Sorry."

Referee:  "What the heck!  You're shooting a pump.  How do you overshoot people with a pump?"

Player:  "I like my steaks well done."
paintballa43708 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballa43708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Instead of heatsinks on a propane semi, put a grill on it.? Slap a sirloin on it just before play.? The meat will absorb the heat generated by the marker.? Just remember to flip the steak between games.? At the end of the day, you'll have something to eat!
Referee:? "Buddy I've had three complaints today about you overshooting."Player:? "Sorry."Referee:? "What the heck!? You're shooting a pump.? How do you overshoot people with a pump?"Player:? "I like my steaks well done."

lmao
Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 10:58pm
The added bonus to the 'steak-sink' is that your opponents will smell the meat cooking and will crane their heads around trying to figure out where the aroma is coming from, thus giving away their positions.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:46am

It's that important.
wingbatwu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingbatwu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 9:14pm
There are ceramics that don't get hot when heated, or at least they cool very rapidly...

Did Tippmann try that solution?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 9:33pm

I am sure Tippmann tried every viable solution.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 11:48pm
I wonder if its possible to deform/break/melt paintballs in a C3 barrel due to overshooting or on a modded semi/full auto propane gun.
Tpaintballer98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tpaintballer98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 8:27pm
I see much danger and sueing in this.
Plays at Rush Paintball
www.rushpaintball.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic